“Relaxing Stay”
Review of Taal Vista Hotel

Taal Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel during a medical convention , my wife and two kids were with me. We stayed in the new wing. The room was spacious with comfy beds with all the standard amenities only problem is the shower i think its time to replace the shower heads, the break fast buffet included was great, my kids enjoyed the food. During our stay there was an outdoor film showing at the garden at night which the whole family enjoyed. The weather was great a good break from the heat of Manila. We enjoyed our stay and will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stay at Taal vista last may 24 for an overnight stay. We had adjoining rooms. Rooms are ok. The only problem is that you can hear the voices of guests outside the room, so when you are a light sleeper like me, it's a major bummer:( I can't complain with the scenic view of Taal volcano, very serene.... Breakfast is ok. Hotel staff are courteous ... Location is good since its beside sky ranch and other Resto... Will definitely think twice if we will stay there again.....

3  Thank Jocelynn L
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

With the value of this hotel, our expectations were quite high. The good points:
1.We arrived just in time for the 2pm check in and found out that our rooms were not ready yet.After asking if it will take long, the front desk gave us new rooms so we can at least have a room to stay in while waiting for the other room.
2. Someone attended to us with our bags right away after checking in.
3. The pool was great.
4. What I love the most was the free film showing at .
5. The room was big enough to fit in 4 people if with an extra bed because of d sofa inside.

Improvement areas:
1. Upon arriving at our room, we smelled cigarette smoke right away.We had to call the attention of the room svc so they can spray the room and make the smell go away.
2. There were coffee & snacks at the mini bar but it didn't say which ones were complimentary or not.Upon checkout we had to pay for some snacks which were apparently not complimentary.
3. My daughter had a hard time sleeping because of a noise from the other room. According from her it sounded like a knocking sound or dripping water from the bathroom.I was completely exhausted that day and so I was not able to hear it.We forgot to complain about it upon checkout by the way.
4. Their breakfast buffet was a mess.It was understood that it was a Sunday morning and the hotel had a lot of guests but Cafe Veranda was the only area open and there were several tables and seats available at the lobby which were only open for seating and not for eating.They only allowed us to eat at the lobby after the manager allowed d lobby area to be used after seeing the long line of impatient guests. Although we enjoyed the variety of food and the manager did extend the time of the buffet up to 11am, it almost ruined our Sunday morning because of the long wait time.

Overall it was a nice stay.But with the high rates, they need several improvements if they wanted to stay competitive because other hotels with a great view can easily just overtake them with greater service.

1  Thank BusyGirl1614
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My wife and I chose to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary in Taal Vista. We loved the place the moment we stepped in the foyer. The view (Taal volacano) from the cafe was spectacular. The staff of the hotel, made us feel so welcomed (from the security guard, to room service). They are very considerate in giving us so much favor. We were able to have a 10am-check-in (normal check-in-time is 2pm). In my reservations, I noted that we'll be celebrating our wedding anniversary, and in response, they gave us a free upgrade to the premier room, lake view. The room had a perfect view.

We just noticed that the staff in Cafe Veranda are not that prompt to clean up used plates...but the food was great.

But apart from it, everything else was a great experience. We'll definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view rooms. So worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SETH_REYES
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed overnight at Taal Vista, a 4-star hotel, courtesy of a free night (except taxes) from our frequent bookings with hotels.com. It’s a great hotel for a family weekend getaway , with a picturesque view of Taal Lake and its spectacular volcano. The grounds are spacious, with a large complex which was extended in 2002 to include more conference facilities and other amenities, including new rooms.

We got a room at the new wing. Unfortunately, our room had the view of the Sky Ranch with its large ferris wheel. We would have preferred a view of Taal Lake. My little girl liked this view better, of course. And when she saw the train, she insisted we go to the Sky Ranch. We did just that the next day, under the scorching heat of summer.

My daughter’s favorite part of Taal Vista is….the pool, of course! We had fun swimming in the lazy afternoon and again the next day after buffet breakfast.

Overall, I rate our family experience at Taal Vista 4.5 stars. The view was spectacular, the room clean and comfortable, the staff friendly and efficient, and the buffet breakfast delicious. The choices weren’t that extensive, but for its price, very reasonable. The location is pretty good, too, right beside Sky Ranch and plenty of restaurants within the vicinity. Traffic can be terrible, though, along the road where the hotel is located.

The hotel can already be a destination in itself. Perfect for those who want to relax.

Room Tip: Get the Lake view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MJChiong
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My spouse and I reserved a "lake view" premier room in advance for a Saturday evening and paid approximately $200 US for the "honeymoon" package which includes an hour massage for two.

Positives:

1. View of Taal Volcano was spectacular from the back and every "premier" room balcony - however this view is equally shared by other accommodation options.
2. Spa decor / amenities were beautiful, creating an amazing ambiance - poor execution spoiled the experience.

Negatives:
1. Check-in according to website is 2PM. At that time we were told our room was being cleaned and to check back in 20 minutes. This happened 5 times. At 3:30 the Manager told us that none of the "premier" rooms had been cleaned yet. We checked into our room at 3:50 PM with the consolation of a late checkout the next day.
2. We were told that massages could be done around the clock - 24 hrs. We booked for two at 9PM. They had to reopen the spa. Massages done in full light. Mine skillful, my spouse's therapist was falling asleep and appeared to have had the experience akin to that of a receptionist. No hot water in the glorious "rain" shower.
3. Breakfast - Vegetarian spring rolls dripping with grease. Waffles raw. Special order pancakes from kitchen appeared to be day-olds.
4. Nothing "premier" about the premier room except the view. No hot water in the morning. Shower head limed over - poor spray. Bring your own shampoo conditioner and soap.
5. Swimming pool is about a 15 minute walk from premier rooms, no onsite snack service, insufficient shade from the scorching sun.

Apparent severe hotel mgt issues in my opinion such as prepping rooms in time for check-in, ensuring appropriate therapist coverage, and food quality.

On early departure we stopped and scouted other accommodations for our next weekend visit to compare. Villa Ibarra and The Lake Hotel both have identical amazing views and superior bed/breakfast offers - rooms are large and cozy. Villa half the price and The Lake at similar price with a shaded pool. So many food options within walking distance as well.

Vista was a disappointing experience for us. Shame, because the staff seemed to want to please.

Room Tip: In my opinion, better accommodations can be found at the Villa Ibarra or The Lake Hotel among others...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank UmairR
Reviewed May 17, 2014

i love the foods in cafe veranda and the staff there are very hospitable.. their foods is very delicous. what i hate about my stay their are the bellmen and some of the reservation agents specially those female. they look so plastic when they are talking with me.. and the bellman that assist us, obviously waiting for my tip...what the? i feel a bit shy. but overall i like the atmosphere. the room we are booked is very clean!, the room attendants is deserving for the compliment

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family