“Relaxing & the Perfect View”
Review of Taal Vista Hotel

Taal Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Check in was a breeze.
Room had the perfect view.
Size was just right and perfect for two without feeling cramped.
Big bath with a tub.
Complete toiletries & fragrant at that.
Walls though were quite thin as you can hear guests by the corridor.
Breakfast buffet very good though I was looking for more cheese.
Evening entertainment at the lobby was good and offered various music genres.
I will come back, definitely.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Taal Vista Hotel

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My family booked the Special Room Deal with breakfast for 2 persons via their website. We stayed at their Premier Lake room with balcony last March 13-15, 2014. Beautiful view of Taal Volcano/ Lake. Room and bathroom was spacious.

Breakfast was good although a bit expensive. Additional kids' breakfast costs Php428 each (50% discount) at Cafe Veranda. We liked the variety of food and drinks served in their buffet breakfast.

They gave us complimentary parking during our stay. We just had to validate the ticket at the front desk each time we went out. Basement parking is available. FYI: Driver's quarters (Php600 per night) is also available.

Hotel guests have free use of the gym, pool, recreation area (toddler playground, billiards). The pool is quite a walk from our Premier Lake room. There is a lifeguard present. Pool towels are available. Proper swimwear is required. They have 2 pools: kiddie pool (2 feet) and adult pool (4' to 5'7").

There is a Kultura shop inside the hotel which sells nice souvenirs.

Beside the hotel is Sky Ranch (theme park). Kids loved the rides at Sky Ranch. Inside Sky Ranch, there are fastfood restaurants like Leslie's, KFC, Tokyo Tokyo. Other restaurants are located near the hotel (McDonalds, Carlos' Pizza, Gerry's Grill, Rowena's Cafe and Restaurant at Hill Crest Plaza).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tricia S
Reviewed March 29, 2014

room seems nice and clean,however there are a lot of noise coming from everywhere...we stayed at the third floor ,the noise coming from the fourth floor prevented us from sleeping....add to ithat the noise coming from the hallway,people waliking and running ,talking ,babies crying and this is way past midnight.... not relaxing at all we shoud have stayed home

Room Tip: ask for a room in the uppermost floor and fartherst from the hallway
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank maria luisa g
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Taal Vista is at the center of everything you like about Tagaytay. It's got the popular view of Taal along the ridge, it's near wonderful restaurants, and for convenience, there’s a supermarket nearby with a pharmacy for your personal needs. To top it off, the casino is right across the hotel.

We loved that we can just leave our car and take the jeep to try different restaurants as it can be difficult to park at small cafes, and we all know that is where the great food is at. Sky Ranch is also just next door.

That being said, there are other hotels along the ridge where you can stay at that can offer the same accessibility, with even better rooms and service, but at a much lower price.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My youngest sister selected Taal Vista Hotel as their main lodging for her wedding which was held at Caleruega Church (30 minutes away).

For those of you have gone through a wedding, you can only imagine the stress and the craziness of it all. Knowing that anything can happen, I can only share pleasant and fond memories of this momentous event - and my commendation for this hotel.

We arrived in separate groups all the way from Manila, all our cars full of wedding things (gowns, souvenirs etc.). Check-in was flawless and we got the room exactly as what we reserved (turns out everyone from both sides of the family all had the same pleasant experience). Also, they had a lot of hotel porters so all our things were brought to our room without a hitch. Since we booked the Lake View rooms which are located all the way to the back of the hotel, it was a relief not to have carried any of the heavy stuff needed for the wedding.

My sisters and I booked the 2-bedroom Lake View Suite and wow, it was huge! There was only one bathroom but it was very spacious and if you don't mind sharing the bathroom, you can all fit in and do your own thing with enough room to move around. There was a separate living room area with a TV and two rooms with its own TV set as well - that's three TVs in one suite! One room had a king-sized bed and the other a queen-sized. The beds were very comfortable and the sheets smelled fresh and clean. The cabinets were big enough to fit a week's worth of clothes at least for all 5 of us. Bathrobes and slippers were provided and the amenities found in the bathroom were as complete as you would need to be. I liked this room...very much.

Now, for the purpose why we booked this hotel - they never fell short of being amazing. My sister's room was huge - I don't know what room she stayed at but it must have been the Presidential Suite. It was big enough for her whole make-up team to set base there and for all the entourage to fit inside to get our hair and make-up done. The hotel staffs were quick to respond when we needed something and they made sure to give us space when the mad rush set in on the wedding day. I even had enough time to eat breakfast and their food was just divine.

After the wedding, we all went back to the hotel for the reception. Our family booked two ballrooms for over 200 guests and never did we feel crowded in. The ballroom was elegant and lavishly decorated. We had some VIP guests and everyone had a great time. The food was out of this world delicious. All in all, a dream wedding - as my sister claims it was.

I know I just mainly wrote about the wedding but hey, it was a major event! But it all happened in Taal Vista Hotel - if not for this place, this wouldn't have been a dream come true for my sister. If they can take care of over 200 people, I don't know what this hotel can't manage.

I know it's a month late but to the management of this wonderful and historical Tagaytay landmark: THANK YOU. I can say 100% that I speak entirely on behalf of the two families who joined in this wedding celebration and that's a huge THANK YOU multiplied by hundreds of times!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank patsp
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and i had our 2nd anniversary here. We loved it. I would bring the whole family here if we have time to go back. We thought twice of getting another place to celebrate our anniv because there are new and cheaper hotels or inns that we can choose from. But our whole stay at vista is worth the price we paid for. We will surely go back.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband went to that hotel next day after we get married together with his family. The facade was amazing the lobby was a little bit impressive but tue scent was too strong it was lovely though. The rooms were pricey but of course its a honeymoon so we go for it. From there the man who took our luggages keep on asking us if we want to have tours we said we will think about it but he keeps on talking and even write his name on a piece of paper if incase we like to avail I think he wanted to mention his name but I understand that it might be part of his job but a little bit pushy what I cant stand was the pizza I ordered for room service it was dull and not good like the pizza you'll buy ordinarily cheap but that was expensive and didn't taste good at all. So the first night started we went to the bar downstairs and It took us like 15 mins just to get 4 different drinks which are already in bottles and doesn't require mixing etc. We just hate the customer service so my father in law wanted to get the bill signed so we can get out and grab food. He was literally standing infront of a cashier or bartender for 10 mins they ignored him. Its unacceptable. We could just walk out and dont pay at all but europeans are honest about there wine bills I guess. So we were there standing I even call one attendees attention to entertain us but still took some time mind you the bar was not busy.
And the breakfast scenario we asked for English breakfast tea we were served english breakfast who will have ala carte order of eggs and bacon if there is a buffet set up who has egg station and bacon station.

Instead of staying another night. We didn't want to waste our money.

But the view was amazing outside

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family