“Exhilarating View of taal”
Review of Taal Vista Hotel

Taal Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed August 26, 2013

What is best with this hotel is you have great view of Taal Vista. Their rooms are spacious with balcony. And whenever you're starving any time at night, McDonalds is just a few steps away. If bored, there is PagCor. Customer service is so-so. But if you want great room and you have the budget, I suggest Summit Ridge. But if you prefer view of Taal vista upon waking up, then you can stay here. Just not great customer service. They also have function rooms that are not perfectly maintained in consideration of their hotel rate.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Shan_the_explorer
Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to this hotel for many years but not to stay as I am always just 'passing through'. This hotel does an excellent lunch with the added bonus of the 'cultural show' but it's claim to fame is the unbelievable views of Lake Taal & the Taal Volcano. Now having seen the upgrading of the hotel facilities I will have no doubt my next visit will include a long stay. Excellent food,service & location!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank TonyKav
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I booked a premier lake view room through their hotline. Everything else is excellent except the slow service. Requests took hours to be done and they even lost one request. Rooms are clean and spacious.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Sunkissedguy
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had an overnight stay with my hubby for my birthday. We initially booked the mountain view room because it was cheaper. Upon arrival, we decided to take a lake view room instead and the front desk staff is very accommodating and kind enough to grant our request even if there is a lot of bookings on that day. The room was great! It was perfect! It has a terrace with a great lake view.. especially during the sunset and sunrise.

We enjoyed the whole stay.. from the ambiance to the accommodating staffs. Even the guards are so friendly.

The buffet breakfast is qreat as well. Offers variety of foods.

It is however, a little more pricey compared to other hotels and B&B at Tagaytay but it is still worth the price and the staycation experience.

Will definitely come back and recommend this hotel to relatives and friends.

Room Tip: Choose the East Wing (Lake View Rooms)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaeiTan
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We decided to celebrate our birthday (yes, my partner and I shared the same birthdays) and anniversary. I specifically requested a room with a lake view and even informed them of our birthday and anniversary.

When we arrived, no one even approached us. It's like they don't know what to do. No warm welcome or anything. So we went straight to the front desk and ask for assistance for our luggage. Upon check-in, I was asked for my ID, which bore my birth date and we were given iced tea for welcome drinks. They asked for Php2,000 deposit which they'd give back upon our check out, gave our key card and told we were booked in a room on the first floor. Our bellboy is commendable though. He even suggested where we could park for better access to in and out of the hotel. Our room is at the other side of the main entrance of the hotel.

We have stayed in a number of 4 to 5-star hotels and Taal Vista completely fell way below our expectation. It turned out the room given to us does not have a Taal lake view, which I requested and was told and confirmed of when I booked two to three months ago. All we can see is the road, well we can't even clearly see it because of the pine trees. Since we didn't want to spoil our holiday, we opted not to make a fuss out of it. I was allergic to dust, and the bedding is a bit dusty at that time and there's even a speck of it that get into the eye of my partner. We asked it to be changed and it took a while before somebody came.

The manager sent us note telling us to have a good stay but failed to greet us on our special occasion. No one greeted us on our birthday and anniversary, not even just a simple note. Other hotels would even send us a cake or slice of cake as a complimentary. I guess, we just expected too much from this hotel because we have read great reviews.

When we went to The Lounge to have some drinks our orders took forever to come. I don't know what happened to the staff on this hotel. No warmth and enthusiasm at all. We have eaten a few times in Cafe Ridge and we enjoyed the food and their service. It's a total surprise to us that the hotel service is not as good as the restaurant.

Maybe we were just at the wrong time. The pool is a long walk from our room so we didn't bother to take a plunge. It could have been a nice stay if they could improve their service. Upon booking make sure that you really get the room you requested. This hotel can be a great place, they just need to do something with their poor service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Milo G
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Had a one nights stay here and it was nice. The buffet breakfast was varied and plentiful. It is quite a hike from reception to the rooms though and some of the signs are quite ambiguous. We ordered two glasses and a bucket of ice from room service at around 9pm. Three phone calls and one hour later it arrived; the only downside to our stay. Staff were courteous and polite, and the check in and check out was quick. Would stay there again and recommend to family and friends. The views from the balcony were great and it was only the rain that marred the view.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoyalNavy1964
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We purchased an overnight voucher from Deal Grocer that included an overnight stay and buffet breakfast so we decided to use this voucher last July 27-28 for a quick staycation.
We were fortunate enough to experience a bit of fog when we arrived. The check in was quick and hassle free, with welcome drinks too.
I think we stayed in one of the older wings where we had a view of the.. roof. Well, I kinda expected it since we were paying 20% less. It was ok for me since we just planned to sleep and hibernate; i just drew the curtains. The rooms were newly renovated with ample closet space. The only thing I didn't like was the 'open' bathroom. I mean there is really no door for the bathroom, just an entryway. Although the toilet and shower space is isolated, I would still prefer a bit of privacy.
The cable was ok too with some HD channels. BTW, Sky Ranch was just a few steps away and looked fabulous at night.
On to the buffet breakfast [since we didn't eat dinner there]. I was excited because I love breakfasts. However, this one did not deliver as expected :/ The bacon was soggy, the waffles and pancakes lacked taste and the eggs didn't taste like anything at all. I've eaten at a number of hotels for breakfast and this spread was lackluster for me.
All in all, a great place for the view and still one of the nicest in Tagaytay, you might just want to eat somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple