Taal Vista Hotel
Daj Suites(Tagaytay)
$39
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
View Park Hotel(Tagaytay)(Great Value!)
$44
Hotel Dominique(Tagaytay)
$54
TravelBook.ph
1,239 results
All reviewslake wingcafe verandanew wingbreakfast buffetsm advantage cardgreat viewpremier roomamusement parkduty managerview decktagaytay citybooked roomschecking inlobby areahot chocolatevisit tagaytaysized bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hi,

Tagaytay is renound for being expensive - but to be honest the price I paid for my stay here was worth it. The quality of the room was comfortable, modern facilities, internet that worked a few that was great and checkout that service that was good.

Only bad parts I can think of:
- I stayed in a superior room, which fronted onto the highway - there was alot of noise.

- The housekeeping service left an amount to be desired. I dropped a room service plate it took them over an hour and three phone calls for them to come through an assist in the cleanup.

Room Tip: - Dont get a room facing the main road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed there one night, was very impressed. Great room,staff, facilities, restaurant, view, all top notch.

One reason I stayed there was that I wanted to have a pleasant tour of the volcano nearby.

I realize that the hotel does not directly employ the tour operators, but for the price I paid through them for the tour, I expect them to exert control of it- I paid more than 7000 PHP for the 3 of us for a 2 or 3 hour tour.

My past experience that I wanted to avoid: I had visited the volcano before and had been beset by people hawking fees and services, having to negotiate, not knowing what was a legitimate charge or not. You negotiate a vehicle to the landing. A boat to get there. A landing fee and a park fee from an un-uniformed person. A horse to the top. People tell you that you NEED a face mask and gloves and a hat and rent them to you.

I paid hotel staff for a tour that "Included everything" They delineated all the BS fees included.

And it mostly worked, honestly. Except for the damn facemask/gloves/hat lady. Who told us we NEEDED those things. I angrily told her no, and she went to my wife and child behind my back and still got a sale. And we did not need those things, and in fact I would say that the ride would have been worse with them.

The hotel needs to control these tours so that they are as good as the hotel itself.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a very nice looking hotel as you walk into the main lobby and bar area. Excellent views across lake taal. Rooms are decent but walls are very thin!! We could hear the people in the room next door talking very clearly. The pool area is nice. Overall a reasonable hotel with clean rooms and niceviews. I would say it is over priced and they didnt even include breakfast in the room rate

Room Tip: Upgrade to a lake view, very impressive
Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I booked this hotel for one of my January 2013 brides and I can say that I did the right choice. The staff were very professional and friendly. They always try to give us options whenever our requests are not available. The room on the east side gives us a full view of Taal Lake. It makes a perfect backdrop for the brides pictorial. Also, the east side has a quiet corridor compare to the other side of the hotel. They have toiletries available but nothing special about it. We booked a suite with 2 rooms, a sala/living room, and a dining. 25 suppliers are working inside the suite with the members of the entourage but we can freely move and still do our task. One good place for bride to have their preparation on their wedding day.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and i stayed at Taal Vista Hotel for the long weekend a few weeks ago and it was well worth it!

Since the booking was very close to the weekend that we wanted, getting the hotel weekend promo wasn't an option. They were already fully booked when i called. But i shall not take no for an answer! Everyone in the family was looking forward to going back to Taal Vista as it was a hotel that we grew up visiting and staying. The answer to my woe... book online via an international booking and it was a good decision. In fact, we ended up getting a better deal!

The check-in was quick considering that they are fully booked. I came in ready with my passport and deposit for a short and sweet check-in processing. It was extra special for us since they gave us rooms with connecting doors, on the ground floor and was just a few steps from the pool. The kids were ecstatic!

The rooms are big and very clean. Worth the special mention is the good air conditioning and the hot shower. Those two are usually the initial complaints that we raise when we check-in at hotels. They have refurbished the rooms and indeed, it's wonderful!

The food though not extra ordinary, i will have to say it's apt to the standard. Cost is even competitive. The hotel staff is friendly and accommodating. I will have to say that even if the hotel has been operational for a long time, they have managed to maintain the high quality and standard that they are known for.

Taal Vista Hotel will forever have the bragging rights of having the best breathtaking view of the Taal Lake. Good weather, nice view and great memories of our childhood in this hotel made the weekend wonderful! Thank you, Taal Vista Hotel. Till we meet again...

Room Tip: if you go for the taal lake view, getting the lake view hotel rooms will be the best. if you have your kids with you, staying on the building near the pool will be a plus.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family