“The best hotel in Tagaytay”
Review of Taal Vista Hotel

Taal Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Manila, Philippines
“The best hotel in Tagaytay”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had a nice 1-night stay at the Taal Vista Hotel Suite. The parking lot was safe and secured. The suite room was overlooking the Taal Volcano, very spacious for a group of 5 adults and 2 kids. The breakfast was great, a 5-star meal. The location was great coz it was on the main hi-way, very accessible and right beside the new-opened Sky Fun Amusement Park. We actually walked from the hotel to the park due to the full park parking at that time. The gym was alright, not much equipment but the treadmill was enough for me. We will certainly come back and stay there for 2 nights so that we can enjoy more the hotel facilities especially the swimming pool.

Room Tip: If you want a suite, choose the Batangas suite overlooking the Taal Volcano.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had an overnight stay at Taal Vista Hotel in Tagaytay last May 12 during Mothers day celebration. I would say that i am satisfied and impressed by the way the hotel was managed. I would say that i would probably come back and have another stay on special occasions. I am happy too that even though it was a weekend and celebrating a special occasion, we were able to book an accommodation even without a reservation plus on a discounted price if you have an SM advantage card, which is a really nice move on SM holdings.

Here are my own comments:

Lobby area: Since it was a weekend and Mothers day, there was a lot checking in and at the same time checking out so it was a little bit crowded. There should have been more space alloted in this area like the reception area of Summit Ridge.

Restaurant: We have to line up and wait for our turn to be called since there are no more tables available. The buffet is P1400 but we did not avail and took ala carte. The food is expensive and was expected since this is kind of high end hotel here in Tagaytay. The taste of the food was ok but can still look somewhere else better like the C2 resto in Summit Ridge or Leslies.

Buffet breakfast though was a different matter......lots of choices and all looks yummy! well all i had at breakfast was delicious and i would come back just for this!

Room: The room that was given to us i think the standard room since we have no reservations but we had a King size bed and a single bed which suited us since there were only 3 of us all adults. the bathroom in my opinion was ok but could be better if renovated to make it look modern. The bed i think should be replaced coz when we slept on it i think that it was already a little bit sagged.

Wifi: Great wifi anywhere you go!

Pool: Taal Vista is so spacious, why a small pool? the pool was crowded so i guess they have to improve this part make it double the size since lots of tourist and locals visit this place.

There is one thing though that irritated us when we were there. Our room is 125 which is kind of located on the lower part so we have to take two flights of stairs which is just ok if you dont have luggage with you. There is no elevator on our building. Also when we walk through the door on our way to the resto or lobby area, we could smell the stench of garbage which is really bad. we could even smell it up to the pool area, so i guess Taal Vista should do something with their garbage problem.

The grounds are well maintained clean and very nice at night. Also staying here have the advantage of having an exclusive view of Taal volcano.

One more thing though its Mothers Day but i did not see any special treatment for all the mothers who were there, it could have been just a simple rose for every mother and im sure we would have felt special.

It was almost a perfect overnight stay....

1 Thank MaryAnnL1228
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My family has been staying in this hotel since I was in grade school. Before it was called the Taal Vista Lodge. Now that I have a family of my own, I decided to spend Mother's Day here :) I got one of their deluxe rooms with a king size bed that fits me and my hubby and my 3 small kids, and they have this sunny specials promo too. I got the mountain ridge view, it doesn't really matter with us coz we just needed a good place to stay. You can always go out the view deck to see the Taal Volcano. Good thing SM holdings acquired this hotel and they upgraded the hotel and its facilities. Over-all I liked how the hotel is being managed now than before.

The only down points I saw:
1) Our room had chipped paints in the CR and hallway near the CR, maybe the maintenance crew could check on the rooms atleast once a week for repairs etc.
2) The kids playroom should have more activities included and there should be one staff inside the room, to clean up the place and open or close the door when kids go in without adult supervision.

I would still recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again :)

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I lowered my expectation as to the service because of some of the reviews I read but I was surprised because the moment we entered the front desk area, we were greeted by welcoming staff. I booked the 2-bedroom Batangas suite. One of the rooms wasn't available yet when we checked in after 2pm but Annie and Dennise of the Front Desk were really nice so I didn't make a big fuss about it. Their complimentary welcome drinks at the Lobby Lounge was also a nice gesture.

Batangas suite is really nice with the views of Taal volcano and the lake. Sky Ranch is also beside it. The room was huge and it accommodated all seven of us with a lot more extra space.

The buffet breakfast was yummy and the busboy/waiter assigned to our table was really nice and courteous.

We'd love to spend another weekend here.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is situated high above the lake and the Taal Volcano. Many rooms have no view. We had a small balcony overlooking the lake. Our room was large. Cleanliness in the bathroom area was not to a high standard on the glass dividing the shower and toilet, it appeared this was not cleaned in the daily routine. The rest of the room was Ok. The aircon was not very powerful but that did not bother us as the weather was fine and sunny but not so hot. The worst thing about the hotel was the food, we did not enjoy the breakfast selection, the juice tasted terrible on every occasion. We had a buffet dinner one night and the selection was poor and the price extremely high. Another night we had 7 for dinner and one of our party had to wait so long the rest had finished. The staff in the dining room were not over friendly. Also the hot food was never hot and the cold food not cold. The best thing about the hotel was the rest of the staff, everyone was pleasant greeted us on passing and the Conciege Kris went out of his way to be helpful and organised with a smile everything we asked.
Thank you Kris. The grounds we well kept, overall we enjoyed our stay but would choose not to eat there. A must is the boat trip and a horse rise up the volcano it was excellent, the hotel organised it all.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Deluxe rooms in the Lake Wing are disappointing. View from Premier rooms of the volcano are fantastic. Surprisingly, food was very good. Staff is very courteous and efficient. There is an amusement park next to the hotel which plays blasting music; if you're staying in the Premier rooms and sitting on the balcony, it may be irritating to see the beauty of the volcano to the beats of the latest hit song!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Anshum14
Orange Park Florida
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I booked an event last April 2013 approx 5 months in advance and OVERALL it was a FRUSTRATING experience. We're overseas and wanted to go back to the Philippines for a special occasion.

Here's a list of things that went wrong:

- It takes their event team days before they respond to any emails.
- The event coordinator assigned is always on leave, on break, or with another client when we call. No consideration to the time difference when we were obviously on the other side of the world. Waking up at 3 am to look for someone to talk to for our event was never fun.
- We always had to PULL for information instead of getting information given to us.
- It took months before we got any picture of the ballroom. WOW, no portfolio? Seriously!?
- It really felt like we were begging to have our event at Taal Vista instead of us being the VIP guest.
- I met the event coordinator ONCE for a few minutes the DAY OF THE EVENT. Never saw her again. NO THANKS during or after the party. JUST PAY THE BILL AT THE FRONT DESK when we called for them.
- EVERYTHING was late. The florist was late, the cake was late, therefore... the event was late.
- No food tasting.
- I had the event layout only days before the event.
- I had to come in at MIDNIGHT to sign a contract! They said they won't order my supplies unless I sign the contract which was by the way only 1 week or so from my event and I already gave them a down payment. DUH!?

Here's what went right:

- The team that set up the ballroom was very helpful, polite, and accomodating. I think the head of that team was ARJAY. Outstanding work! Give this guy a raise!!!
- The food was very good and my guests were happy and full.
- The audio equipment worked flawlessly.

Will I book an event here again? Maybe... most likely not.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family