“Great Family Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Taal Vista Hotel
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
“Great Family Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I lowered my expectation as to the service because of some of the reviews I read but I was surprised because the moment we entered the front desk area, we were greeted by welcoming staff. I booked the 2-bedroom Batangas suite. One of the rooms wasn't available yet when we checked in after 2pm but Annie and Dennise of the Front Desk were really nice so I didn't make a big fuss about it. Their complimentary welcome drinks at the Lobby Lounge was also a nice gesture.

Batangas suite is really nice with the views of Taal volcano and the lake. Sky Ranch is also beside it. The room was huge and it accommodated all seven of us with a lot more extra space.

The buffet breakfast was yummy and the busboy/waiter assigned to our table was really nice and courteous.

We'd love to spend another weekend here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is situated high above the lake and the Taal Volcano. Many rooms have no view. We had a small balcony overlooking the lake. Our room was large. Cleanliness in the bathroom area was not to a high standard on the glass dividing the shower and toilet, it appeared this was not cleaned in the daily routine. The rest of the room was Ok. The aircon was not very powerful but that did not bother us as the weather was fine and sunny but not so hot. The worst thing about the hotel was the food, we did not enjoy the breakfast selection, the juice tasted terrible on every occasion. We had a buffet dinner one night and the selection was poor and the price extremely high. Another night we had 7 for dinner and one of our party had to wait so long the rest had finished. The staff in the dining room were not over friendly. Also the hot food was never hot and the cold food not cold. The best thing about the hotel was the rest of the staff, everyone was pleasant greeted us on passing and the Conciege Kris went out of his way to be helpful and organised with a smile everything we asked.
Thank you Kris. The grounds we well kept, overall we enjoyed our stay but would choose not to eat there. A must is the boat trip and a horse rise up the volcano it was excellent, the hotel organised it all.

• Stayed May 2013
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Deluxe rooms in the Lake Wing are disappointing. View from Premier rooms of the volcano are fantastic. Surprisingly, food was very good. Staff is very courteous and efficient. There is an amusement park next to the hotel which plays blasting music; if you're staying in the Premier rooms and sitting on the balcony, it may be irritating to see the beauty of the volcano to the beats of the latest hit song!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Anshum14
Orange Park Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I booked an event last April 2013 approx 5 months in advance and OVERALL it was a FRUSTRATING experience. We're overseas and wanted to go back to the Philippines for a special occasion.

Here's a list of things that went wrong:

- It takes their event team days before they respond to any emails.
- The event coordinator assigned is always on leave, on break, or with another client when we call. No consideration to the time difference when we were obviously on the other side of the world. Waking up at 3 am to look for someone to talk to for our event was never fun.
- We always had to PULL for information instead of getting information given to us.
- It took months before we got any picture of the ballroom. WOW, no portfolio? Seriously!?
- It really felt like we were begging to have our event at Taal Vista instead of us being the VIP guest.
- I met the event coordinator ONCE for a few minutes the DAY OF THE EVENT. Never saw her again. NO THANKS during or after the party. JUST PAY THE BILL AT THE FRONT DESK when we called for them.
- EVERYTHING was late. The florist was late, the cake was late, therefore... the event was late.
- No food tasting.
- I had the event layout only days before the event.
- I had to come in at MIDNIGHT to sign a contract! They said they won't order my supplies unless I sign the contract which was by the way only 1 week or so from my event and I already gave them a down payment. DUH!?

Here's what went right:

- The team that set up the ballroom was very helpful, polite, and accomodating. I think the head of that team was ARJAY. Outstanding work! Give this guy a raise!!!
- The food was very good and my guests were happy and full.
- The audio equipment worked flawlessly.

Will I book an event here again? Maybe... most likely not.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
11 Thank j s
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

This review has been long overdue. Beside having the best view in Tagaytay this hotel had the superb customer relations that I have ever seen in any of the hotels here in the Philippines. Last Feb. my family and I decided to book at this hotel after encountering an inconvenience we had with the hotel room their Assistant Manager I believe his name was Mr. Augusto (i wished i could still recall his name or whole name as he deserved to be praised for his actions) he went to the extent of contacting me via cellphone after we had checked out to apologize and make up for the incident and assuring that our following stay he will personally assist our needs. And since we are at our 2nd hotel in batangas (the hotel they are in partnership with) the day he contacted us and I wasnt feeling well he politely asked if I want him to call the front desk and have a hotel nurse go to my room to check on me. My family and I are very impressed with his customer realations/PR and appreciate his kind actions. It is very rare to have this kind of customer relations especially in the Philippines where some hotels will just shrug you off with an apology or no apologies at all for any unfortunate inconvenience.

Room Tip: any room will be good as long as you stay at Taal Vista Hotel as you know you are in good hands.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MeilyChoi
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and has amazing views of the Volcano. It is built to Western standards.
The staff could however be friendlier and more smiling - especially in the restaurant, where besides the lack of smile, the service is VERY slow, and they forget dishes that you ordered.
The rooms are nice and clean (cheap too). Unlike most hotels in Asia, they do not have any hose in the toilets, but provide toilet paper (perhaps too look more occidental); ironically the toilet paper which is here to look "posh", is of very poor and cheap quality.
The spa is very good but expensive: you can have as good a service in town for 20% of their price.
The food is very good.
The pool is nice for the kids.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel has a magnificent view of the Taal lake and volcano (inactive when I was there, but don't bet on it!). Service was efficient and polite, although food quality could be improved. My room was fairly basic, and looked out onto houses next door - but everything in it worked. Tagaytay is not far from Manila - but count on plenty of time because much of it is by narrow road with plenty of traffic! One aspect of the hotel that is very pleasant are the evening cool breezes that come off the lake up to the ridge! It is certainly a romantic spot, and unique. If you are planning to see more of the Phiippines than Manila, this is worth stopping at! I didn't try the pools but they looked fairly standard and clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business