“Good view & entertainment”
Review of Taal Vista Hotel

Taal Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed January 3, 2013

On the downside, upon arrival the gentlemen urged us to take the hotel's tour of the Taal Volcano as he suggested other operators have hidden charges. Upon accepting the hotel's offer, their driver did his level best to get a bonus built in to the pricing structure by going incredibly slow down to and back up the road leading to the jetty - with the benefit of hindsight, I would risk taking one of the many offers from street vendors. The service by the Maitre D in the restaurant was poor at times seeing as though we were the only guests dining. The rooms are OK, though could do with having the balconies cleaned properly including the windows.

On the upside, the hotel has good facilities, pool, gym, restaurant and so forth. The nightitme entertainment was excellent. The three spanish sounding guitarists in the restaurant were very good, as were the pianist & singer, and flute player in the lobby. My wife & I found this very entertaining, and a delight to sit by with a cocktail and enjoy the music.

The view from the rooms is good, though similar all round Tagaytay. The quality and cost of the meals from the restaurant were as expected.

The choices in Tagaytay seem limited. Overall a nice expensive hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Graham K

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here for two nights for a friends wedding. Here is what we like about the hotel
-The lobby bar is very nice with volcano view
-the deluxe room we stayed at the new wing is big, bathroom is also decent size, with only average quality of amenities though.
- the restaurant at the ground floor has outdoor seating facing the lake/volcano, the view is just amazing
-very friendly Staff and provides very helpful suggestions-with directions etc. Also I forgot something in the room after check out and was able to locate it very quickly n have the front desk staff helping me give it to other wedding guests that still stayed at hotel to keep it for me.

Okay here is what we think they can do better
- the breakfast.the quality of the breakfast is not matching the hotels standard, it has all the standard items like congee, pastry, hot main etc but the taste is just not good, the two days we stayed there it was packed every morning with mostly local guests, obviously it's popular, they really should do a better job.

- the shower head needs an update, it's one of those fixed on the wall you can't even touch it, I hate those kind....it's just very inconvenient, plus the one in our bathroom, water came out in so many different angles, it's impossible to shower with out getting the hair wet.

-the curtains in the room can't close properly, so it's hard to sleep in. At least for where our room locates, 443- btw it also facing the road, no view at all.

- the location of the hotel is abit off, there is another casino cross the street of it, a McDonald, and a horse ridding course, then there is almost nothing else to walk around with. However, there is a David's salon with walking distance-oddly, so it's perfect for wedding guest to get hair done. 475 for hair do and 153 for wash n blow dry, very reasonable price but u might want to confirm the style n price first, just in case of any confusion. Here is the details

Address : 5950 Gen. E. Aguinaldo Hi-way, Kaybagal, South Tagaytay City, Cavite
Tel. No. : 046-413 0763
Fax No. : 046-860 2822

The 7-11 and a save-more local supermarket is 10 minutes drive away in the busy area, u can get there with the kcal bus by paying 5 pesos each person, or a tricycle bike ride of 50 pesos.

We paid 6800 pesos per night with breakfast- and that's consider the discount price, it's def not cheap. We hope it will do better in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank justjuliet
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We spent one night at the Taal Vista Hotel - It's a really great hotel with great food and really nice rooms. The view down to the volcano is amazing! The hotel is a bit pricey so I would not recommend booking directly with them (which I did) but to book it via a hotel booking platform (turned out to be much more inexpensive).

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2013

OVERPRICED, as all the other persons who wrote the review said. You could not use the bath tub and the shower is also horrible. The safety deposit box also did not work and the cabinets have loose hinges. To top it all up, the room also smelled of laundry done wrong.

I expect the food to be better, or at least I did. I never had such a bad breakfast in a hotel. My mom even complained that the coffee was bland. She asked for a second cup but it was worse than the first. The Danish I got tasted just like a jam sandwich.

I think all we paid for in that hotel was the scenic view of the Taal Volcano, nothing more, nothing less.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Gino L
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Very disorganized service - missed my car booking (to airport) TWICE on same day, housecleaning made my room at 5.15pm, morning calls were basically 3 rings and then hung up, when I passed to staff a set of keys left in safe by previous guest the staff took it without even asking me which room, when I asked concierge to help me call up a spa he asked me to pay for it as an external call (I was like, "seriously? Are you kidding me??!" So he didn't charge me and tried to help...... Food was horrible and overpriced, even my fresh coconut arrived 30 mins after order and was warm and sour.
My bed linen has some blood stains. Shower was really crap (suddenly there was no water halfway), air vent next to aircon was noisy and cold (it wasn't part of aircon, could not turn off). Already I was in new wing.
Only great thing was that outside restaurant there is nice view of volcano.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 24, 2012

A great two night stay at the beginning of our trip started well with an early check in (7am in fact ) with no extra charge. The location and the grounds - lovely lawn dand balcony overlooking the lake and volcano - are definitely the selling point of this hotel. Went room only and although pricey, we were well looked after and really able to relax. Ate dinner at the restaurant which was okay, used the gym - small but a fair bit of equipment, however too cold to go in the pool and didn't take up their overpriced tours or transport. The staff were very helpful once they realised we didn't want to pay for tours but do it independently. The shower was needin attention, hot water but pressure and focus bad, flooded a little and the room could have had better heating rather than ac - minor points compared to the positives....would return again if we were back in the area.

Room Tip: Lake View would have been nice but pricey - don't be confused by lake wing - doesn't get you...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed in Taal Vista for one night to attend a wedding of a friend. It's a beautiful hotel but lacking a salon and valet services. When asked to wait for our room, we were given welcome drinks and Santa entertained my toddler. The room was good (lake wing) but you can hear everything going on outside and upstairs! The bathroom has no door so you can hear the other person taking a bath, etc.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family