“Relaxed Holy Week”

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Philippines
“Relaxed Holy Week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Breakfast buffet was great. Room was spacious! Aircon - perfect, toiletries were replenished everyday. We were near the pool -- all the better! =) Just relaxed there for a couple of days with the my side of the family. There were restaurants near the hotel if we didn't feel like buying from the hotel's menu. They had halo-halo all you can for P120. Then 5-7pm is beer-all-you can at P188. ;)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
paranaque
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

My family and I were excited to stay at this grand old dame of Tagaytay, we've always loved staying here even for day tours. I asked for a ground floor room for my parents who are both senior citizens, specifically asking for rooms with easy access to everything and preferably no stairs to climb. Upon arrival, the front desk was accommodating and friendly and we were escorted to our rooms. We were led to the West wing which was a long walk from the lobby then we we had to go down two flights of steps to the basement part of the building...very disappointed about that. I think they took the "ground floor" room too literally. The rooms were clean although there were cracks in the closet wall and bathroom ceiling. I was however, satisfied with the king-sized bed I requested for both rooms. Breakfast was good too. Still needs a bit of improvement even after the renovation.

2 Thank jenny q
Makati
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I am writing this review from the hotel's room, i could not wait because i am terribly dissapointed and feel the need to warn you, potential unlucky hotel's customer.
First of all, i stayed at the premier room (one of the best, 270usd). Room is really overpriced. Molds everywhere... No bathtub... and the worst thing is hot water faucet in the bathroom broken. Happened at 11PM, hot water keep running from the shower, very noisy, no one there to answer our call.
After having a bad night, we were hoping the morning will be better, but things happened not as expected.
Breakfast is good, compared to prison food... Hotel officer lied when we asked bout breakfast buffet price (room inclusive of 2 person, had breakfast for 4 person). He said is 700php, actual bill showed 1400php...
We haven't checked out yet.. I will update this review if there is/are other '4star quality service' that we receive from this hotel.
Good thing is only the view of taal lake and volcano, if you willing to pay a fortune just for the view, then i would recommend this hotel. But for myself, there are many hotels have same/better view with better price and quality.

8 Thank Ricky L
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

Taal Vista remains one of the mainstay hotels in Tagaytay. I'm an Expat from Manila and frequently head up to Tagaytay to get away from the city and enjoy the cool weather. There are a lot of new B&B's in Tagaytay but the best of them tend to be a bit pricy and can be really hard to book. As for the rest it seems to really be a hit or miss and many of them are a lot less than advertised.

There are always lots of people staying at Taal Vista but there are usually deals available and you can't beat the view. It's also nice to be able to hang out in the lounge by the fire in the evenings and listen to some live music over a couple of drinks. I definitely recommend staying in the renovated wing of the hotel and it's also worth getting a room with a view of Taal lake. The breakfast buffet is also pretty good.

So for all of the new offerings in Tagaytay it's still hard to beat Taal Vista overall.

Room Tip: I recommend staying in the newly renovated wing or "new wing" of the hotel as the rooms ar...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Belleville,NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

We checked in from Thursday to Sunday to attend a wedding. We are balikbayans and was very surprised that they have a different rate for us which is 6,800 pesos per night. I asked the reservations how could they have different rates and they assured that it was already discounted. We didnt have any choice because we were a part of the wedding party. We sucked it up.

Room-- the walk to the new wing to the first lobby where you check in is a pain. There is a second lobby that will shorten your walk. Room design is nothing special. It was plain. The bathroom is dingy and looks like it was just superficially cleaned. Im thinking, is this their standard of a 5 star hotel? I guess, I just had to accept it. However, beds were comfortable.

Breakfast- the free breakfast was by the main and outside dining room which oversees the view of the Taal volcano. There is an American and Filipino breakfast choices. I think this is the only thing we enjoyed about the hotel.

Check-in= My husband checked in first and provided instructions that I will follow and will get the duplicate card from the check-in people. The check in person,Karen, gave me a card and I walked from the first lobby to the next building and found out it wasnt working. So, I called from the second lobby to request another key which she replied that they are busy but will check if they can deliver it to me. I informed her that I will go back and pick it up. I tried to keep my hormones check because I was 12 weeks pregnant. When I came back, there was a line and she did not even offered an apology when she handed me the key. I was annoyed.

I suggest that you check other hotels or apartelles around the area because Taal Vista Lodge is only using its name to charge ridiculous prices.

Room Tip: stay away.. go to a different hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank herleiness
australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

i chose this hotel beacause its "five star" they said? but disapointed with the service and the cleanliness of the room.the toilet bowl is dirty needs proper cleaning,no soap and soap dish the first two days not enough toilet paper,the room needs makeover.the hotel staff especially in the receptions and restaurants are rude and lazy i think they need proper training! we came to the restaurants on our first day for the afternoon tea i ask one staff for a table and she said to us to sit first on the lobby and call us back after they clean the table,ten minutes later nobody call us and the table is still a mess,i came in and ask the staff again and thats time they clean the table,no smile or apology from the staff:( my husband ordered a beer and when they served the order the glasses were dirty not happy at all.my husband got food poisoning from their deep fried squid lucky i didnt try a bit of it,breakfast not bad but the staff again are just plain lazy to served coffee and water.anyway im a frequent traveller and stayed in different hotels (five star) but sad to say this is my least favourite hotel beacuse of the poor service,lazy staff and dirty toilets.and one more thing we send laundry on our first day and inform them we need them ASAP but unfortunately no one came to deliver them in our room,we called the housekeeping and guessed what she asked me"do you need it now"?after one and half day of waiting! not happy at all and very disappointed!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cholen
philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

Yes it was a lodge before and now called a hotel. Views are still fantastic and tagaytay is still a great place for day trip or weekend getaway. We stayed in the new annex...we had a view of the main road and the place for horseback riding. Please make sure when you book a room to ask which side they're putting you...bedside is the inner side where your view will be the room across. Two things I didn't like in the room..the toilet. It doesn't have a main door. The sink separates the toilet and shower...it's quite uncomfortable when you're in the toilet and there's a person at the door or another person in the room. It's just a glass door door and it doesn't reach the floor...and when you get off the shower, it can be a chilly after a hot shower because of the aircon in the room. In other words...for me it lacks the privacy in usually enjoy when I use the toilet..you know what I mean? The doors banging in the other rooms can be jarring too at times.
The grounds/ garden is well maintained so walking inside the hotel is nice. Breakfast is good as well. Staff was courteous and helpful as well. Overall it's still a nice place for weekend getaway.
When you're there..don't forget to to try nurture spa which is about 4 kilometers away, buy your drinks etc in robinsons supermarket ( can be done on foot if you want exercise), buy lots of fruits and veggies in mahogany market, and have coffee or lunch at bag of beans.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business