“Nice Place”
Review of Taal Vista Hotel

Taal Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Went to Taal Vista for Business with tons of colleagues, spend 2 nights there.

1. The staffs were friendly and accommodating
2. The venue and the ambiance was nice.
3. Rooms were spacious and clean. My room didnt had a view but there are other rooms overlooking the Taal Lake.
4. The bathroom was clean too.
5. The food wasnt that good. Typical menu. I didnt find the taste of the food extraordinary. Too bland. Too plain. (I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there)
6. The elevator at the east wing is always cracking up. So I always took the stairs.

Room Tip: As for a room with an overlooking view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DwTokidoki

Reviewed December 6, 2011

We stayed here for first time last weekend. Brought my wife and our nanny and two sons both aged 3 and younger. The deluxe east wing is great. It us under the new building quite a walk away from the main lobby but after the check in you can enter from the other wing (which is by the way the check in counter is so busy which I think due to their size and prominence is normal.) Best part of the hotel is its location which is just across the casino if you are in for it and there is mcdonalds 24 hours. Also right beside it is space for horse back riding which the kids loved. Bfast was OK. And great thing this hotel has is the unobstructed view of the taal volcano. Quite a scenery love it. Lastly, they have a very functional gym which is not too busy and so as a kiddie corner beside it whcih our sons just loved the most. I would love to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jaypee0501
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stayed there for 1 night and I totally enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, the linens were clean and smelled good (which was a plus for me), the view was spectacular bec we got the premier room in the east wing. I could only complain about their dining room. It was overly crowded during breakfast and lunch. I think they should expand. But overall I have great things to say about taal vista!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Some rooms are a distance away and a wheelchair user needs assistance with the ramps.
But not far away is a Robinsons super store/ mall. But difficult to access for wheel chair user and the access road fot the hotel has steep access and the store is across the main highway.

Room Tip: The hotel does not accept local bank cards, only international. some rooms are a distance away from...
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank PolskiSparky
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Came to Tagaytay with the family for a two-night getaway. We originally booked three rooms but ended up with four rooms for space and comfort.

Location: RIght in the heart of everything. Across the street from PAGCOR casino and McDonald's (pretty big deal for a quick meal). Closed distance to supermarket (Robinson's) and all tourist places to go.

The property: Clean, the staff are efficient and polite, seemingly happy to work there. Word of caution however, avoid the old wing. It's old, dingy and the furniture dilapidated. The new wing is luxurious and upgraded.

We were originally checked in to the old wing but I complained with the front desk as I was sorely disappointed. Don, the front desk agent was very apologetic and made good with his efforts and upgraded us to the new wing. It certainly made our stay so worth it.

Breakfast is divine! The staff top-notch as they attended to our every need.

I highly recommend this property, it seems the best one in Tagaytay.

Room Tip: Ask for the new wing
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth D
Reviewed November 8, 2011

My husband and I were there last October for a couples getaway organized by our church. It was my first time to stay in Taal Vista. I heard that it was renovated so I was expecting a lot.

Pros:
We were at the grand ballroom most of the time due to the activities. I must commend the service because the waiters were all attentive and did not complain. Coffee was also free flowing as well (which I liked because in the previous hotel that we stayed for the getaway, coffee was not free flowing). Food was okay too. It wasn't amazing but it was okay. Restrooms and surroundings were clean.

Cons:
The communication system was not good because we can hear discussions from the other ballroom. It happened several times. I guess it might be a mic-speaker problem. I'm not sure if they heard our discussions. It was embarrassing for me if ever they heard our activities because it was a couples retreat.
Our room was far from the ballroom but I wouldn't blame the hotel for it since the room assigned to us was assigned by the organizers. I just wished it was closer.
The room was old. We had two twin beds and it was located at the ground level. I thought it was renovated but I didn't like how it was renovated. The television was old. When I went inside the bathroom, the counter was not clean. I even wiped it.

I think my husband and I will stay again but will book the newer rooms. Taal Vista also has the perfect view of Taal Volcano.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank glynistar
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Taal Vista has good points and just ok issues. For the most part you will enjoy your stay but some things may seem odd. Breakfast for instance isn't really that impressive so I actually go across the street for an egg mc muffin with sausage at Mc Donald's. Many of the dishes have too much MSG for my taste although that's a staple locally. I suspect the head chef isn't there to supervise breakfast at the early hours. The other meals are well done. This place is tied up with Highlands Country Club so they did do some things right.

Having a drink in the lobby area has ample room for many people with a large glass window and the main bar.

What I really like most about the place is the local folks dancing shows that they put on during the weekend meals in peak season. It's really a treat.

The view is awesome as it from the north ridge so it's slightly different than from other venues.

Parking is ample but don't forget to validate the parking. They don't seem to be too forgiving and you have to track back for that task.

Overall the place has the potential to be one of the very best but it lacks some common sensibilities that you may notice but they will be tolerable.

• Stayed: March 2011