“Old style blending with the new”
Review of Taal Vista Hotel

Taal Vista Hotel
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This is the first time I visited and stayed at the taal vista. Internet (wifi) connection is great and fast and the views at the restaurant is fantastic. I think Taal Vista, while not having fantastic rooms (just ok), has the best five star feel restaurant in Tagaytay. No matter what the flavor of food (which, by the way, is superb), it will taste far better with the view.

The hotel toiletries are simple and un-branded but adequate. The towels are fluffy although a little old. The bed is very rigid and might not be soft enough for the best sleep. the wifi is superb and fast. Room is large enough to feel comfortable. There is coffee available in the room but i had hoped that they could have provided something like a small coffeemaker with strong batangas coffee in room( that would have been a blast!)

Room Tip: get the east wing, better rooms
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank thefilipinobulldog
Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed at the Taal Vista Hotel for 3nights and the deluxe room (new wing) is the better value since Internet service is included unlike in the superior room, which is the old wing. You can buy an Internet prepaid card, but save it to pay for the upgrade cost of the new deluxe room. In the old wing is where a nice swimming pool is located manned by cabana boys ready to give out towels.
Front desk are very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast is okay as there is not a whole much of a spread, but good food anyway.
Parking is ample and free, but you have to have your parking ticket validated at the front desk every time you leave the hotel's parking area.
No surprises upon check out.

Room Tip: Get a Deluxe room. It is newer and Internet service is included.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank R_Reyes
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Stayed here for two nights in a deluxe room. It was situated in what the hotel calls as the "new
wing. Room has 1 queen and 1 twin bed. Ideal for a couple with a child. I was traveling with my husband and my sister so the room set-up works for us. However, there were only two bath towels. When we asked for another one, we were told there will be an extra charge. Our room per night came out to about $155 USD. And they could not provide free towels. It was also a hassle asking for an adapter so we can use our US made devices. The main selling point of the hotel is the awesome view of Taal Volcano. Granted that the hotel staff is nice and accomodating, I was not impressed with this hotel.

Room Tip: It is not worth paying more to get the lake view. You can just walk to the main reception area to se...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Poohbear928
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Rated the hotel average though it has the best view of the ridge or lake because of its poor service. We stayed there for our anniversary celebration for the only reason that my husband had a seminar/workshop that he had to attend. Since it was charged to his company, it was alright even If I wanted to stay inthe newer botique hotels in Tagaytay.

We arrived very early at the hotel because of my hubby's workshop. I was informed that check in time is at 2pm. Because we had breakfast along the way already, I was not allowed to stay and wait in their restaurants unless I order. I stayed at the sofa for 4 hours. Good thing I can surf the internet using my phone. There's no free wifi. And since we don't have a room yet, i was not allowed to get access to the internet.

By 12noon, went tomthenfront desk and asked if I already can check in. The girl at the front desk insisted thatncheck in time is at 2pm. I was just asking to be checked in but I was explaining that I don't need the room yet. I was telling her that I just needed the room number so that I can already go to the spa and charge my fees there. But she was not listening. Good thing another more experienced front desk person arrived and "saved" me from her. The new person justbchecked out our reservation and found out thatbour room was already available.

Good thing, the spa experience was good and the people were so accommodating.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms in the new wing. Has a good view of the lake. Better and new furnishing also.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank happyroadtripper
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Background: Drove down from Manila with my Filipino classmate and her fiance. Local knowledge and language are important reasons of having such a wonderful time at Tagaytay and Taal.

Its a large hotel and last time I was at Tagaytay I had stayed at Sonya's. So this time we went the "commercial route". The Taal Vista is very comfortable and accessible with accomodations even available for the drivers.

The room was comfortable with a large bathroom and a beautiful valley view. As it was just a trip for couple of days, we did not stay much indoors but had enough time to go around the hotel facilities. The morning breakfast buffet was large and hearty. The a la carte service was a tad slow and some amount of "follow-up" and "cajoling" had to be done. However, they made up for the same by giving access to the buffet too !!!

The check-in and check-out was very quick and efficient. No mix-ups or any such kind of heartache.

Overall, a very positive and pleasant experience at the Taal Vista.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bazked
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Hotel Taal Vista, it's ideal location beside the Taal Volcano attracts travelers of every age. There are so many attractions around here that almost half a day could do justice to your visit to the place.

TAAL VOLCANO- is world's smallest active crator, located in Taal Lake, Tagaytytay, Cavite Province of Luzon in Philippines. Merely a 90 minutes drive from Metro Manila this site should be on a MUST VISIT list.

The scenery around here is idyllic. There's a view point at the back of the hotel where you can spend hours watching the beautiful scenery.

Onthe right side of the promenade, space is reserved for Handicrafts which are quite good and cheap.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NasreenAshrafGhori
Reviewed August 30, 2011

My family visitied Tagaytay over the long weekend. We spent a night in the Taal Vista Hotel. The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff is very attentive. The hotel is in a great location. My only complaint is the food served at the restaraunt is truly terrible. Most folks travel to Tagaytay for the great food (Antonio's, Sonya's Garden etc...) so I don't know why anyone would dine here. I ordered "volcanic potato wedges" that were just fried potatoes covered in nasy cheese. The club sandwich that I ordered was disgusting. The meat was clod the vegetables were wilted and warm and the cheese was the consistency of a Kraft Single. I only took two bites and let the waiter know that I was not satified with the food quality. He had me fill out a comment card and did not take the item off of my bill. Anyway, if you need a place to stay this place is very good, but eat somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family