“Comfortable and very accessible”
Review of Taal Vista Hotel

Taal Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Toronto, Canada
“Comfortable and very accessible”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Background: Drove down from Manila with my Filipino classmate and her fiance. Local knowledge and language are important reasons of having such a wonderful time at Tagaytay and Taal.

Its a large hotel and last time I was at Tagaytay I had stayed at Sonya's. So this time we went the "commercial route". The Taal Vista is very comfortable and accessible with accomodations even available for the drivers.

The room was comfortable with a large bathroom and a beautiful valley view. As it was just a trip for couple of days, we did not stay much indoors but had enough time to go around the hotel facilities. The morning breakfast buffet was large and hearty. The a la carte service was a tad slow and some amount of "follow-up" and "cajoling" had to be done. However, they made up for the same by giving access to the buffet too !!!

The check-in and check-out was very quick and efficient. No mix-ups or any such kind of heartache.

Overall, a very positive and pleasant experience at the Taal Vista.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bazked

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Karachi Pakistan
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Hotel Taal Vista, it's ideal location beside the Taal Volcano attracts travelers of every age. There are so many attractions around here that almost half a day could do justice to your visit to the place.

TAAL VOLCANO- is world's smallest active crator, located in Taal Lake, Tagaytytay, Cavite Province of Luzon in Philippines. Merely a 90 minutes drive from Metro Manila this site should be on a MUST VISIT list.

The scenery around here is idyllic. There's a view point at the back of the hotel where you can spend hours watching the beautiful scenery.

Onthe right side of the promenade, space is reserved for Handicrafts which are quite good and cheap.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank NasreenAshrafGhori
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 30, 2011

My family visitied Tagaytay over the long weekend. We spent a night in the Taal Vista Hotel. The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff is very attentive. The hotel is in a great location. My only complaint is the food served at the restaraunt is truly terrible. Most folks travel to Tagaytay for the great food (Antonio's, Sonya's Garden etc...) so I don't know why anyone would dine here. I ordered "volcanic potato wedges" that were just fried potatoes covered in nasy cheese. The club sandwich that I ordered was disgusting. The meat was clod the vegetables were wilted and warm and the cheese was the consistency of a Kraft Single. I only took two bites and let the waiter know that I was not satified with the food quality. He had me fill out a comment card and did not take the item off of my bill. Anyway, if you need a place to stay this place is very good, but eat somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank fijiwarrior
France
Reviewed August 22, 2011

For first time travelers to Tagaytay, do yourselves a favor by spending a night (or more if money isn't an issue) at the Taal Vista Hotel. The view of the Taal volcano from the hotel gardens is breath-taking. Now, imagine the same view by your hotel room balcony. Priceless ! Yes, the cost is steep, considering the fact that the hotel facilities being offered are minimal. But the room we got is spacious, clean, and fairly updated. The breakfast buffet options are superb. Eating the first meal of the day with the view of the lake is not only relaxing but even invigorating. The check-in/check out process was quick. The staff were friendly and helpful without being excessively (or annoyingly) polite.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank norvee
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed July 28, 2011

i liked the place.. the view..the food and the ppl are friendly. the room is fine but not the tub! :/

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jood_21
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Great vacation with family... The staff are accomodating :) my kids love the fantadtic view of taal volcano.

Thanks again Taal Vista Hotel for the warmed accomdation

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Jenkittychua
Manila
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I stayed here for one night with my son and nanny. I had to check in early so I can leave my son while I attend a seminar. I was charged an extra half day which I found bit too much but I paid nevertheless.

Rooms in the new wing was acceptable but the ones on the old wing was well, really old.

Service was poor.

1. It was raining really hard and I asked for some help and a personnel gave me an umbrella, let me walk alone to my car and I had to go back to the drop off point and return the umbrella!

2. I called to ask where breakfast was going to be and the phone lines was choppy. When I was talking to the front liner, I heard her say " in the restaurant" then the line was cut. I never got a call back.

3. The girl who checked me out was grumpy and unprofessional

There were a few nice staff like a utility girl named Weng and a waitress trainee.

I will never go back to this hotel and I am not recommending it to anyone.

Room Tip: Get a room in the new wing.