“Good food, amazing view. ”
Review of Villa Ibarra

Villa Ibarra
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We didnt stay at the hotel, we only drove by to have dinner at Bistro Ibarra. Staff was friendly. We decided to sit on the veranda area (1 table only, great for a newly wed couple like us) but since it was outside there were insects so we decided to go back inside the restaurant. Food was great. We had paella valenciana to share which was a huge serving and shrimp gambas and ripe mango shake. Delicious! Will definitely go back to eat again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

my fiance book the wrong room cause two beds in a room. but then it's okay. i love the room spacious, clean and nice.the (free) bfast is good also the server jason is nice and attentive. the front desk staff are friendly and helpful. the place is convenient and close to everything. will recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank fernanuy
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Well ok after about an hour and a half of traveling from manila we have arrived here in villa ibara. When I first saw the place it was very beautiful and simple, I thought of studying or finish some of my work there because it seems like a place to be when doing these stuffs. But the next morning I was trying to some work outside the veranda but I could not due to the raze of the sun. then I tried again a little later and all I could here were some contraction workers working and then the noise of cars driving, which really pissed me off because taal volcano was in the background and I could not do any work there. So I tried to go down stairs because there were some sofas, then goddamn all I could here were staffs chatting so loud I could not read or do anything, and also there sofas really sucks. well I guess that's all I could say the place is beautiful unless you don't mind noise around you its ok

Room Tip: higher floors have a more beautiful view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank TheDarkHorse318
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed in room 101 which was right behind the reception. There was some noise from this and we could hear people in the other rooms too, but we're both quite heavy sleepers so didn't impact our sleep at all. The bed was comfy but the pillows were really flat so you needed to fold them in half or sleep with your arm under it.

The room was clean and large, no complaints there.

The bathroom was nice and I really liked the jacuzzi bath. It did take a while to fill, but we watched tv while we were waiting and wasn't really a problem, although it did seem to have a leak that was running onto the bathroom floor. The hairdryer isn't great and is one of the ones where you have to hold the button the whole time, so I would recommend taking your own if you have long hair.

The food was good. We had breakfast and an evening meal there and we were impressed with the standard. The steak I had was expensive but was cooked really well.

The view from the hotel is amazing and you can get some great photos.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I just had my proposal to my fiance at Villa Ibarra through a private family dinner fellowship. The food was excellent and at a very economically reasonable price, no wonder they are the best in the catering industry. Looking for a place doesn't end in the quality and beauty of the location (where villa ibarra exceptionally outstands on it already) but also the quality of service and the friendliness of the staff also matters. :) It really feels like HOME entrusting to them your special private events. The whole staff seems like to have no tiredness of smiling! very friendly and accomodating!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a wedding entourage this december. The room was very spacious, even after the extra bed was placed, there was still alot of room to move around. Great location also of the hotel, walking distance to some blocks of restaurants. And we paid such a low price for a room for three (P 4000 for the night).

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Manny C
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The view of Taal Lake is stunning and the staff is polite, but there were several problems that made the trip less than relaxing. First of all, the hotel makes their restaurant, Bistro Ibarra, sound like a culinary destination. It consisted of 6 tables with very average food. The information in the room said breakfast was served from 6 to 10 am, but when I went to eat at 6 I was told they started at 7. As I was walking away, another couple walked up with the same expectation of breakfast at 6. They looked at me like I was crazy when I said they either need to serve at 6 or change the info in the room. The room we had was right behind the front desk and there was lots of noise from the what I assumed was the staff, but I can't say for certain since I never went to inspect. Road noise was also a big problem as the place has very little sound insulation. We heard what sounded like furniture being moved around and above us at all hours and were awaked in the middle of the night by what sounded like a table being knocked over. The bathroom looked beautiful and I booked it because of the large jacuzzi tub in the room. However, the tub takes about an hour to hour and 15 minutes to fill above the line of the jets. And if you want the water to be hot you can double that time. When we would use the tub it would leak from somewhere which created a lake on the bathroom floor. Also, while watching TV with the tub jets on, it threw a breaker. So I was sitting it pitch darkness and had to get out, dry off, and find the phone to call the front desk, then go back to the bathroom while they fixed it since I couldn't find something to wear in the dark. There was also no in room safe so you have to either carry all your valuables with you or trust the honestly of the staff. Upon check-out we found they don't take American Express (how can any hotel not take American Express) and so I had to pay cash for incidentals as my corporate card is AMEX. After all the problems, the place had the nerve to try to accuse us of taking towels and wanted to charge us for "missing" hand towels. DO NOT stay here unless you have the patience of Job...you're going to need it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business