“Good low prices, great room”
Review of Villa Ibarra

Villa Ibarra
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a wedding entourage this december. The room was very spacious, even after the extra bed was placed, there was still alot of room to move around. Great location also of the hotel, walking distance to some blocks of restaurants. And we paid such a low price for a room for three (P 4000 for the night).

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Manny C

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The view of Taal Lake is stunning and the staff is polite, but there were several problems that made the trip less than relaxing. First of all, the hotel makes their restaurant, Bistro Ibarra, sound like a culinary destination. It consisted of 6 tables with very average food. The information in the room said breakfast was served from 6 to 10 am, but when I went to eat at 6 I was told they started at 7. As I was walking away, another couple walked up with the same expectation of breakfast at 6. They looked at me like I was crazy when I said they either need to serve at 6 or change the info in the room. The room we had was right behind the front desk and there was lots of noise from the what I assumed was the staff, but I can't say for certain since I never went to inspect. Road noise was also a big problem as the place has very little sound insulation. We heard what sounded like furniture being moved around and above us at all hours and were awaked in the middle of the night by what sounded like a table being knocked over. The bathroom looked beautiful and I booked it because of the large jacuzzi tub in the room. However, the tub takes about an hour to hour and 15 minutes to fill above the line of the jets. And if you want the water to be hot you can double that time. When we would use the tub it would leak from somewhere which created a lake on the bathroom floor. Also, while watching TV with the tub jets on, it threw a breaker. So I was sitting it pitch darkness and had to get out, dry off, and find the phone to call the front desk, then go back to the bathroom while they fixed it since I couldn't find something to wear in the dark. There was also no in room safe so you have to either carry all your valuables with you or trust the honestly of the staff. Upon check-out we found they don't take American Express (how can any hotel not take American Express) and so I had to pay cash for incidentals as my corporate card is AMEX. After all the problems, the place had the nerve to try to accuse us of taking towels and wanted to charge us for "missing" hand towels. DO NOT stay here unless you have the patience of Job...you're going to need it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank Thad_Merritt
Reviewed October 27, 2013

With a total of only 8 rooms, they customise their service observing the specifications of their guests. The rooms are large equipped with the needed facilities and the restrooms are very clean. The staff are attentive to their guest's needs. The location is strategically located near restaurants plus they have a very great view of Taal volcano. The cozy ambience of the hotel places you on a relax mode. We also want to commend the chef for making a very authentic Paella! Thank you Portia and staff for making our stay here memorable. See you soon!

Room Tip: For persons with disabilities, the recommended rooms are on the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The building and view over the lake are great. Unfortunately, the hotel is located close to the main road and the traffic can be heard early in the morning. Management does not seem to care about noise either. I had to request that workers on the terrace stop working with drills and noisy machinery at 8am to be able to enjoy my breakfast. The cook was ostentibly watching TV in the small restaurant while I was ordering and just left the TV blasting after I placed my order. If you are after a quiet hotel for relaxation just do not go there! Oh, and yes, the breakfast was really just average.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank MSL19
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Staff were customer-friendly; they have a stunning view of the Taal volcano; rooms were clean but they only have few rooms available; just along the highway; near the restaurants with overlooking view of the Taal; their food is just ordinary, nothing fancy

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JayPascua
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The facilities are nice especially the bathroom - very up-to-date and very clean. The quality of the food is average to above average. They advertise free internet but it's not working or extremely slow. I'm not sure what's up with the front desk staff. They say yes and nod to everything you say but in fact they have no clue what you just said. We placed our order three times before they understood. We tried both English and Tagalog. The view is stunning but there's no seating to enjoy the view. They was some minor renovation going on when we visited.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
28  Thank HorstvW
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The room that we booked for my bride’s preparation is big enough for all the suppliers to move around. There’s a restaurant inside that serves sumptuous meal. The parking can only accommodate 20 cars. Better to check and confirm if there’s an available parking space during your stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business