“False advertisement”

Marcia Adams Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 161 Restaurants in Tagaytay
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean cuisine in a farmhouse style. Architecture of different dining areas reflects Italian, Greek, Spanish and French influences. Casual dress. Reservations preferred. Closed usually 1 day per week: typically Tuesday or Wednesday, according to prior bookings. Kindly text or call to reserve.
Quezon City, Philippines
“False advertisement”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

In trip advisor it said, breakfast, buffet, scenic view. We went around and around looking for that place. It took us an hour just to look for it. Finally, we asked a security gaurd if where this establishment is located and, surprisingly, he said, this is it?!?!

Where is your signage? My children are hungry can we eat (9:00)? They said no because the retro will be open at 11:30am. .........All that hard work just looking for the place as advertized by trip advisor was all wrong.

More than terrible!!

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Michelle C
NeilJA, Manager at Marcia Adams Restaurant, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I am saddened that you were unable to eat breakfast at our restaurant as you had intended. That is one of the pitfalls of multiple choice questions such as those within Trip Advisor. You cannot say 'yes' to brunch but 'no' to breakfast. To avoid that possibility happening again I have deleted the brunch option from the listings.
Our business is built on personal recommendations and referrals as we are not a 'high street' restaurant. In that way people who come for the first time have an idea what to expect and where to find us. Our Facebook page www.facebook.com/marciaadamsresto gives more information including a map with pictures.
Just to put the record straight, we have never placed advertisements with any organisation (including TA where we were originally entered by clients), we have never served breakfast and never opened before 11:30 am except by prior arrangement.

Jakarta, Indonesia
“A quaint and cozy restaurant”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I read about Marcia Adams in a Yahoo article several days ago that's why we tried it during lunch last week. The place was easy to find although we were a bit apprehensive when we arrived. There was only limited parking outside the place and there wasn't anyone to welcome us at the entrance. We had to find our way inside on our own ( which was a bit creepy). We were pleasantly surprised when we saw the restaurant itself. It was very cozy and charming. It felt like being transported to a home in Italy! The place is perfect for intimate dates- very quiet and relaxing. The food is great. Their entrees come with a choice of soup or appetizer and a dessert. We ordered the grilled aromatic pork (fabulous) and the Corsican beef stew ( good and very tender). Service is efficient too. I would recommend this to people looking for a relaxing meal with a cozy ambience.

• Visited January 2014
Manila, Philippines
“Relaxing ambiance, delicious food”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hubby and I went there for our 5th year anniversary.
We had to reserve a few days before since Christmas holidays were around the corner. Too bad we weren't able to get to the restaurant before sundown to see the sunset. It was recommended to us.

Meals were a set of soup or small appetizer, main course and dessert, unless you want to order a la cart worth php700 as what I was informed.

We ordered: (1) one soup - consume of bacon and potatoes / shrimp appetizer; (2) Italian pork chop / fish skewers or kebob; (3) lime (?) penna cotta / banana fritters and I had the lemon lime bitter drink.
Note that the banana fritters was an upgrade to the meal

The soup was okay but I found it a bit salty. The shrimp appetizer tasted a lot better and the combination of the veggies and shrimp worked well.
The Italian pork chop was good and tender but I found the portion so big that I really had trouble finishing it and the taste was wearing me out. Hubby found his fish okay also.
The penna cotta was okay also but hubby was not happy with his banana fritters. He said that it wasn't what he expected for the extra he had to pay for it.
I liked my drink a lot...it was yummy good!

Service was good and helpful. Our server was very patient with us and our questions.
The atmosphere totally exude "romance"! The facility is great but do be careful since it's a rocky path to get to the restaurant. Either watch where you go or wear proper footwear.
If you do are able to go early (before dinner) or go during lunch service, do check out the sunset lounge area. It's lovely!

Would we go back...sure, maybe. I think I need to try their pasta the second time around ... and go early for sunset.

1 Thank currant7
Quezon City
“Ro.Man.Tic”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

It was my birthday dinner. First time to eat rabbit, and it tastes like chicken. :) The Kebab is yum too. Everything is quaint and sweet. Tuscan night. The servers are knowledgeable about the menu. They have wine list you can try. From reservation until going home, we were never disappointed.

I would want to go back. :)

Hong Kong, China
“A very nice concept, done very well”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

When I was planning a weekend in and around Tagaytay, Tripadvisor reviews drew me to Marcia Adams' place, and we were very glad they did - we had a thoroughly enjoyable meal there.

Others have described the environment, with a lush garden, and very nicely designed, Mediterranean-inspired buildings. Unfortunately, we visited after dark, in the rain, so we weren't able to appreciate the outside so much. However, the room where we were seated had a very nice rustic feel to it - all exposed stonework and old timber. It's a very romantic setting, although, as is often the way in Asia, the lighting is a little brighter than places aiming at "romantic" might be elsewhere in the world.

The weekly menu is fairly short and focussed. It seems that Mrs Adams knows what she does well, and sticks with it. Simple, light bread, with oil & balsamic, were served while we perused the menu (a very slight quibble is that the olive oil is quite light, whereas I feel a more strongly flavoured one goes better as a bread dip). We started by sharing the amalfi prawns (a big hit), and the Aegean Salad (a large portion of mixed leaves, with a nicely balanced dressing, some ricotta and grilled pear). For mains, it was a cool wet night so we both went with stews: one bean stew with chorizo and bacon, and one dark beef stew. Both of these contained a nice balance of flavours - particularly the bean stew - and went well with the rice. With the beef we took the Eqyptian rice with lentils, which I thought was a particularly good match, if perhaps slightly over-cooked and soft for my taste. No vegetables are served alongside the stews at least, so taking a salad as a starter is the way to get your greens!

As we were finishing the main course, the chef's husband come to chat, apparently enjoying the opportunity to chat to a fellow Brit, and he told us all about building the restaurant and their plans to continue to expand on what is apparently quite a large plot of land.

For dessert we chose a banana split with chocolate ice cream (and a chocolate sauce flavoured with Armagnac) and the grilled orange with vanilla ice cream (apparently made with 10% caribou milk), which ended the meal nicely.

We sampled a glass of the lemon & lime bitters, which is very refreshing if you are happy to take fruit drinks less than sweet (Mrs smog found it too tart for her taste, but I liked it a lot). And we also picked a bottle of Geoff Merill Pimpala Road 2010 Shiraz which complemented the stews nicely, and seemed very reasonably priced at PHP925. The wine list is quite short, but seems well chosen to complement the food on offer (it extends to some higher range bottles, as well as also having house wines by the glass or carafe).

The service throughout was fine.

All-in-all we had a most enjoyable dinner in a pleasant environment, and I would thoroughly recommend Marcia Adams to anyone visiting the area.

The only tricky bit is getting there and back - it is several kilometres out from the centre of Tagaytay, and if you don't have your own vehicle then jeepneys or tricycles are obviously your option. The restaurant's Facebook page contains a map and photo-series which is invaluable in navigating or directing a tricycle driver from Tagaytay. Getting back might also be tricky, but fortunately, at least one of the staff has a friend who has a tricycle, and she was able to arrange for us to get a ride back to our B&B. Otherwise you will be reliant on jeepneys, and occasional buses on the main road which is 150m from the restaurant.

But nevertheless, if you're in the area then I would say that Marcia Adams' place is definitely worth hunting out.

1 Thank TheSmogs