“Should have, Could have”
Review of Antonio's Grill

Antonio's Grill
Ranked #36 of 178 Restaurants in Tagaytay
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2013

When one thinks of Antonio's, the expectation is world-class dining as is experienced at Antonio's Garden. Unfortunately, Antonio's Grill, seemingly their entry into the family dining market in Tagaytay, didn't live up to expectation. Of course, it would be foolhardy to compare fine dining with this, but carrying the Antonio's name does have it's responsibilities.

Food quality, it's still quite delicious and undoubtedly well prepared, but for the price & size, one would do well to choose nearby restaurants. Again, it's not at all bad...it's quite delicious, but bang-for-buck speaking, it falls short compared to the others in the proximity.

Now, the queue to a table in this place is not bad, so one would really consider dining here especially when you arrive during lunch/dinner time when everyone else is trying to get a table everywhere else.

What really turned us off is the service of the staff: they were doing the "I-can't-see-you-although-it's-plain-to-see-that-I'm-looking-at-you-from-the-corner-of-my-eye-waiting-for-you-to-call-someone-else" kind of thing. I'd be more forgiving if it was in the middle of dinner hour with the house packed, but there were only 3 groups (including mine) in the restaurant. Because of this, ordering was just a pain.

I'll probably be back here. Maybe I caught the staff on a bad night, or the cold December night just got to them. I'll be back, though, only if the the other restaurants have a wait-list of 4 hours.

1  Thank Pryts

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Antonio's Grill provides good, authentic, and price friendly Filipino food.

1. The ambiance of the restaurant is modern and elegant.
2. There's seats inside and outside.
3. Wait staffs are accommodating and quick.

So if your at Tagaytay, forget about Dencio's Grill (which is beside Antonio's Grill). Try something different and only available in Tagaytay

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I love their pinakbet rice. The bulalo is not the best I've tasted in Tagaytay but it is still good though.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I ordered a vegetarian version of kare-kare. Believe me I was surprised myself that they can actually make one. I was thrilled to try it and it was not bad at all. Family size servings, large selection of menu and the view is fantastic! Although, I wish it was closer to the cliff. Service was ok for a busy restaurant. Parking is manageable.

I just remembered that I ordered a salad and told them to separate the shrimp. They forgot to do it and took it back however it is the same salad that they originally brought. People who are highly allergic to shrimp should be cautious and the staff needs to be more attentive.

Overall, it was a good experience and won't mind coming back for more.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

the place is near those more popular starbucks, Geri's grill, etc, so hopefully you'll notice this cozy place when you're parking your car.

We ordered Kadyos, beef bbq and chicharon bulaklak-> which i think is something that shouldn't be missed. We loved the chicharong bulaklak so bad that it made us ordered another one. :)

id say food, service and ambiance are worth the price, and will definitely go back here when in tagaytay.