“love this place”

Java Jazz Cafe
Ranked #19 of 157 Restaurants in Tagaytay
Cuisines: Filipino, Cafe, Asian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Luzon, Philippines
“love this place”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We discovered this place 3 years ago and eversince that day we love to go back here. It's a small but cozy place to spend coffee and chitchat with friends. Staffs are friendly and accomodating. I love their paintings and japanese table set up. Price is affordable and I can say worth it rather than spending bucks in other coffe shops like starbucks etc. Moreso it is not as congested like the other coffee shops. A place is highly recommend if you visit tagaytay.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank noramz

Quezon City, Philippines
“A small cozy little place for outstanding coffee”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Java Jazz is located on the main road leading to the road that leads down to Taal Volcano. From the Sta. Rosa Tagaytay road you turn left towards People's park (a known tourist destination) less than a km from that turn you will come across Java Jazz Cafe on your left. It is just before the T House, an up class Boutique hotel.

Java Jazz is first, a coffee and art exhibit shop. It offers pastries, plated meals and of course coffee - both hot and cold styles and tea. If you want to a have nice quiet and not commercialized style of place to sip your coffee either alone or with a small group of friends then I would recommend this place. Also, for those into art mediums (paintings, metal craft etc.) they have displays that change every month or so. Some of those displays are quite fascinating.

This place also has small rooms for rent but it will favor backpackers on a budget rather than those who look for major creature comforts. I'm not sure if WIFI is available but I do remember talks about having it set up. Since I am from the Philippines and visit Tagaytay every so often I do try and pass by for a cup of coffee. Just remember, small groups. 10 or more and this place gets crowded.

• Visited December 2012
Paranaque, Philippines
“One of Tagaytay's Best-Kept Secrets”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I never would have thought that there could be a more pleasant coffee place worth visiting than the popular ones like Starbucks, CBTL, Seattle’s Best, Bag of Beans etc. So when I read about this nice little discovery about a charming and unique coffee shop in Tagaytay, I instantly put it in our list of to-go places.It’s a bit inconspicuous though because I was already looking for it on our way to Keni Po (the hotel we stayed at) and I somehow missed it.

The coffee shop is of bright-yellow paint like that of the glaring sun’s and has a bright red sign in front. They also have another sign which is placed between 2 huge Narra trees. We went there at around 7PM and the store was just moderately packed with customers. Lucky us because a family was just about to leave at the time we came in and their table was the low-lying one (around 1-2 ft. tall) which Java Jazz is famed for. There were other available tables but they were just the usual, standard tables you’d see in other coffee shops too. I believe that in order to maximize your Java Jazz experience, you’d have to get the low-lying table. Why? Because it does not have chairs with it, just a hand-woven mat where you can sit like what people would do in the province.

It’s a very Boho-looking place which gives you that Bohemian feeling like you’re some artist or writer. I don’t know. Maybe because of the tranquil ambiance or the soothing jazz music being played. But whatever it is, it’s quite addicting and makes you want to stay there longer. It really calms and relaxes your mind like no other. I would never trade it for more popular coffee shops with those annoying teenager and kolehiyala voices around.

I enjoyed my Tsokolate Ah to the 7th heaven I even wanted to snatch my husband’s drink after I finished mine.The husband on the other hand found it a bit sweet for his taste although he also appreciates the chocolatey goodness that this drink has to offer. But the toasted mamon became the husband’s instant favorite with its chewy texture (just a tiny bit) and a taste of nutty undertones.

They also have various displays of different artworks and paintings of different artists which I find really beautiful. I’m no hardcore art fan or collector but I was genuinely enticed to buy one. I withheld though since it is one thing that’s not in our priority list as of the moment. They have dubbed this sort of art gallery as Sining sa Sahig ( Art on the Floor ) which in my opinion is a very apt name because it’s inside a snug, low-ceiling, wooden floored coffee shop that’s just too good to be true. Java Jazz is definitely one of the best reasons why we are going back to Tagaytay!

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Micah E
Silang
“WoW!!!”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

nice place, good food, friendly staff..... i love the coffee!!!

Quezon City
“Best-Tasting Chocolate Drink!”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Soothe the cool weather in Tagaytay by Java Jazz's chocolate drink. I think their tastiest drink is Tsokolat-Ah!. It's thick and creamy. Not too sweet but with a tinge of bitter taste.

Ambiance is also very homey and relaxing. The place features modern art with jazz music in the background. Perfect for after dinner rendezvous!

For more info: