“Quiet Time”

Crosswinds Resort Suites
Ranked #6 of 97 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
“Quiet Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was surprised at the community set up of this resort. A ski resort without the cables of the lifts. Units were spacious. We got a 1 bedroom suite and had quite a comfortable stay. Since it is far off from the food centers it is advisable to bring all the food required. Why? In - house food sucks. You would think that with all the fruit and vegetables available locally they would have some sense to make good food. But no. So we didn't bother for the next breakfast anymore.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BCerv
Lhodie C, Operations Manager at Crosswinds Resort Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear BCerv,

Warm greetings Crosswinds Resort Suites!

We are pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay with us and that you enjoyed the property all throughout.

Please bear with us as we improve our breakfast spread. We are currently revamping the menu to highlight more local produce.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future. Please let me know should you wish to return and I would gladly assist you from beginning to end.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My boyfriend and i were lucky to have been upgraded to a one bedroom unit from a studio type unit and stayed here overnight. When we got in, we were surprised by the size of the whole unit. It was very spacious and could fit 10 people comfortably. There was ample space for the dining area, kitchen, living room and bed room and complete with basic kitchen wares and dining utensils. What i loved about this place its serenity and the fact that you can bring food and cook all you want which saves you a lot from pricey hotel food. The only thing that we hated was the green light of the aircon which really brightened the whole room like it was brighter than a dim light. Because we're not used to light while sleeping, this made sleeping a little uncomfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank prettylessa
Dear Prettylessa,

Thank you for choosing Crosswinds Resort Suites for your recent stay in Tagaytay City.We were delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time at our hotel. We are also happy to know that you enjoyed the upgrade.

Our apologies for the annoying light of the air conditioner, we are studying options to eliminate or disable the light all together.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. We hope to see you again.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We spent a weekend there with my family and booked a 1-BR suite for us. The room was just right for us and as they say, it had complete amenities if you wanted to cook. But since we're in Tagaytay, we just wanted to relax and eat out instead of tiring ourselves with preparing the food.

We immediately got a room at the 3rd floor which somehow offered a good view of the other side of the hotel. I loved the view with the pine trees and old structures of the hotel but the room itself and service was far from "luxury". You can get better rooms in Tagaytay for the same price and better service. The air conditioning unit was too loud and the bathroom was too small. It was just right but it's hard to move around especially with an active toddler or baby with you. Water heater wouldn't work at times. We had to leave the shower on for a long time before the water starts to get warm because my kid prefers warm baths. The toiletries in the bathroom were just the basic soap, shampoo and toothbrush.. nothing fancy.

What made our trip bad was the breakfast. The night before I told the front desk to serve breakfast at 7am since they asked me what time I wanted it served. I told her our preference and our room number. The next day, there was no breakfast at 7am. So I called up the front desk at 7am to serve the breakfast already. They said it was coming already so we just had to wait. Come 7:30am, there was still no breakfast. I called up again and the front desk said to wait 15-20 mins more. Really? That long to make a breakfast? The front desk said it really takes that long. Apparently, the receptionist last night put 9am instead of 7am for our breakfast that's why there was a confusion. So I asked them why had they said they were gonna serve it already when I called at 7am? Obviously they were lying. They didn't know that my husband was just at the lobby very near the front desk so he can hear the receptionist talking to me on the phone. The receptionist called the server to serve breakfast already in our room. But the server "did not listen" and instead said there were no instructions to serve breakfast to any room at 7am. So they still did not prepare our breakfast. They only started cooking it when I called at 7:30am and got mad at their lame excuse. I'm sorry, but cooking ham, bacon, french toast and eggs for 3 persons do not take an hour!

I liked the place, really. It was quiet and serene and I loved the pine trees. But there's really not much to do there but relax and do brisk walk/jogging. You can find better hotels in Tagaytay that is worth the price you pay for the service, amenities and facilities. It's not a luxury resort/hotel as they say. Plus, this is a bit far from the restaurants and sights you want to go in Tagaytay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank skylovechan
Dear Skylovechan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are pleased to know that you appreciated the wonderful view and our beautiful surroundings full of pine trees.

Absolutely, you are correct! There isn’t much to do onsite but relax and recharge. Most of our guests stay with us to escape the hustle & bustle of the city. We do not claim to be a luxury resort. However, the real estate developer’s concept was to create a site that is reminiscent to a “Swiss Luxury Resort”. We are sorry if you felt mislead by their marketing jargon.

Our sincerest gratitude for sharing your insights about your experience. All of your valuable inputs will help us improve our services moving forward. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back again as we would be delighted to make it up to you.

Should you need anything, please feel free to reach me through any of our property’s contact details.

Sincerely yours,
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I decided to celebrate my birthday last year with family and friends here in Crosswinds, Tagaytay. It was just a spur of the moment decision since I saw a sweet deal they had in Deal Grocer... and the pictures- I have to say- got to me in one show.

We went there and the pictures did not disappoint. The air was fresh....the sloping roads was a thrill.....and for some reason the place just really did seemingly transport you to a foreign land. I enjoyed some Yogi Bear looking cabin houses and if crazy lucky, I might even build the same thing there.

There were lots of winding roads and if it's your first time, expect even in light of day you will take a wrong turn or two. But hey, it's okay, all vacations are infused with adventure right? So anyway, we got to our hotel. Sadly, in terms of service, I have to give them a C. They were courteous and warm alright, but I think the problem that Crosswinds had during that time (hopefully not anymore) was the lack of manpower. I believe this to be so since upon arrival, I even had to get down, go straight to an empty lobby and ask for directions just so we can settle down already. One evidence too that there was lack of manpower is that every time we phone for operator, nobody is answering. My Mom even got frustrated and just went down to go search for an employee.. She told them to do away with the phones if it's just for the display. Then,come midnight or so, we phoned again for a query, and yes, you guessed, it no reply. So my friends and I went down to the concierge/lobby, and lo and behold, it was just empty. Kinda scary security-wise. Yogi Bear might indeed be barging in with no one to stop him.

Breakfast was just okay. We were expecting aside from Pinoy and Continental breakfast they would have served at least Swiss Cheeses or Cold Cuts or even an instant Swiss Miss but nay. We heard about their deli store so we thought they would be serving some gourmet stuff. Breakfast was just mediocre and boring. It's as if I got food in a HS cafeteria.

We went swimming and I'm almost thinking that if the temperature dipped a few notches, we could possibly experience hypothermia. Pool was serene. Just hated that we had to cut our splashing around quick because everyone was freezing. I know it's just a "suntok sa buwan" thing, but I wished they could install a water warmer of some sort. Or better yet,transform it into one big jacuzzi, hehe. Oh, and I remembered one of our bathrooms had a broken heater. That is just a one big NO-NO in a Tagaytay Hotel.

Crosswinds during our visit was relatively new. So I hope this time around it has improved in its facilities and service..such as some little things like lighted signs at night or some ample amount of guards & signages, or even ample stash of mini grocery items in their Village store. It was just funny that when we bought something in the Village store the cashier told us that the condoms were selling like hotcakes! LOL.

Crosswinds is simply breathtaking and the rooms look always ready for an editorial shot. Personally it lacks -still- some flavor or what you call character. Yes, the Swiss spot in the Phil. marketing is there, but we hope that it can creatively come up with attractive amenities and facilities that would just take it to the top. Nevertheless, I won't hesitate to come back again and hopefully have a picnic with an imaginary Yogi Bear in their helipad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank PeachieKeen_1210
manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Read some mixed reviews before finally decided to book here. Luckily, we did not experience any poor customer service. Our rooms were ready when we arrived around 2pm. We got the studio unit and the 3 bedroom unit. The rooms are large and clean. The 3 bedroom unit comes with two living areas, dining, kitchen, etc. It a bit pricey but worth it if you are a big group and the kitchen is well equipped to do some light cooking. Our room comes with two breakfast coupons. Their breakfast was buffet style and the selection is much better than I expected. The swimming area is a bit far from the hotel so it is not that convenient but kids had fun since the playground is also in that area. There's also a santa store and coffee shop but we didnt get to visit it since it rained that day. The great thing about this place are the pine trees. I wished there were more trees like around Tagaytay instead of concrete structures like condo and ferris wheel.

The only complaint for booking this hotel is its a bit far from the main dining and commercial areas of tagaytay. It is closer to Tagaytay Highlands. The signs to the hotel is sort of insufficient so its easy to get lost at night. But if you are looking for a relaxing and out-of-the-urban-jungle kind of quiet, this is the place!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Recently joined a company seminar in this resort hotel. Great out of crowded Tagaytay area. Cozy and quiet. From the rotunda turn toward the Palace in the Sky. They put pine trees which make great improvement to the scenery and cools the summer heat. It was 31C at 4pm, glad it rained.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a view. Parking is cramped and uphill
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Pedro, Laguna, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

The culmination of our Mother's Day celebration is an overnight stay at this resort. We arrived 30 minutes early for check in. We were immediately attended too however we waited for almost 1 hour for us to be able to get a room. I reserved 2 months early and the reason of delays was undermanned and no room available. After checking in, our kids would like to go swimming, we requested for a shuttle because according to the staff, it is far by walking, we waited for so long that my son cried due to frustration. The reason behind was no shuttle available. For a resort so big they only have 1 shuttle. In the end, we spent the day in the room. Thank goodness for the free wifi. Our room is good. The location is really nice but we need to understand that a place will be remembered is the customer service is excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family