“Think twice!”

Crosswinds Resort Suites
Ranked #4 of 106 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

There is nothing much to do in this resort. The function areas are far from each. Walking is next to impossible because of the facility's very steep slopes. Not advisable for toddlers and small kids for walking. Breakfast was filled with preservative laden food. The rooms are fair with interior design befitting any show room of real estate company selling units. Lacks usable supplies such as cups and saucers in the rooms. I suggest bring your own food, bring your own coffee cups, being your own towels. Be in good company, it'll make up.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank evilstepmonster

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for two nights in Crosswind resort. The place is a little far from Taal lake (which is a must to see place in Tagaytay). Also the suites are located about 1 km from the main gate of the resort. The good thing however is the free shuttle service for guests from and to the gate. The place is quite with good staff. They set up wifi router outside my room as the signal was not good from the other access point. I recommend this place for people who want quite space.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We just got home from staying in this hotel. We have used a discount voucher for this stay so we paid a little less like around $9.

First Im particular about what I need like a non smoking room, high floor, twin beds etc so I booked early like month before the date of stay to be sure that I get the room I want.

First thing, the roads leading to the building are very steep it was scary. Good thing my car's automatic :) . Just for this reason alone Im not going back.

Second, we had to park outside the building as we arent tenants. The guard is so slow to help us (we have a baby and 2-3 small hand carry bags) and it was raining yesterday. Then I was surprised that their front desk is just a very tiny corner near the door I had to remind myself they arent a real hotel anyway. The woman manning the front desk didnt even smile at you, wouldnt even talk to you. LIke youre a bother to her. But I tried to not mind her as I didnt want our stay to be ruined. Then we were given a room on the same floor of the door so not a high floor. I said I booked really early so how come? She gave me so many reasons but its really obvious she's lying.

I bought some food to cook since its advertised that the room is complete with kitchen appliances and utensils. Yes theres a fridge, a microwave and gas range, plates and fork and a pot. No knife, chopping board, no mittens, no electric kettle. All these I discovered as I prepare cooking and had to ask one at a time and their gas range isnt even plugged so every time we ask for something it will take them at least 30 minutes to attend to us sometimes even an hour.

Breakfast was fine. LImited selection but it was fine.

Then 4 hours before check out the tv's display went dark but we can still hear sounds. we didnt bother caslling for assistance anymore. not a fun stay and I will not go back ever.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kaleighpot
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I love every bit about this place. From the food down to the ambience and the facilities. I was thrown away by the serene vibes and the spectacular view of the place. The rooms were clean and spacious tho it doesn't have a bath tub and a little bit dimmed when it comes to the lighting of the room. Toiletries were complete, towels and linens were tidy and fresh. The breakfast was so delicious! They will get your preferred breakfast the previous night then they'll serve it to you with your time of choice. Facilities like the pool and the christmas store was great. Tho the pool was not a heated one. Great choice, great deal. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had a booking in this resort that I eventually cancelled due to some schedule conflicts. Cancellation procedures say that no cancellation fees will be charged whatsoever. Months passed and I was shocked that the booking I originally made was not reversed therefore charging my credit card.

I immediately called the reservations office to report my case. This was like 10 days prior to the due date of my credit card. The officer then requested for my savings account number and said that the company would just be depositing the amount to my savings account.

Days passed and I was not able to receive the amount and even feedbacks from them. It started to annoy me a bit so I called them up again. The same officer attended to my call and then she informed me that the Accounting Office still hasn't processed the reversal. Then I told her that I have to have the reversal before the due date.

Due date of my credit card came and still I did not receive feedbacks from them. I have no choice but to subsidize for the amount and pay the credit card company to avoid financial charges. I again called Crosswinds to inform them that I am getting frustrated with what is happening. They are now trying to avoid my calls and they always ask me to wait for further actions. The officer then told me that the accounting office said that they would just be charging back the amount 4 days later after my due date.

I then insisted that there is no more sense in charging back when I have already subsidized and paid for the erroneously charged amount. The frustrating part is that as if nobody understands the urgency of my case.
How difficult is it to deposit cash to savings account? If they would really want to do the charge back, they should have done it before my credit card due date. As if nobody in this company knows such processes.

Here are the bad experiences I had with their customer service:
1. They are trying to avoid phone calls regarding resolution of open cases specially financially-related.

2. Nobody is knowledgable of the processes, they keep on passing the case from one group to the other.

3. When they say they would call you back, they wouldn't!

4. When they say to wait for feedbacks, they are just trying to get out of the conversation.

5. You can sense that the people attending to your concern is not sincere.
You can here other people laughing in the background as if they are mocking the caller.

CUSTOMER SERVICE here SUCKS!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Gen922
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were 4 adults booked in a 2 bedroom good for 4 persons. Which means the room covered items and services for 4 persons. There was only one shared bath which had 2 towels set up. I called to ask for 2 more and I was shocked when they were charging me 70 pesos extra per towel. I spoke to the attendant and complained about this and he said only 2 would be complimentary. The same applied to the breakfast in the pavilion when they were telling me only 2 of us were complimentary. I spoke to the attendant and again the reply was this was the standard. I asked to speak with the GM or resort mAnager and they didn't have one. Bottom line I refused to pay the extras when we checked out and told them to check online what the norm is for 2 bedroom and the corresponding charges. It was a nice resort with great Rooms but if no one bothers to fix these minor problems, no one will bother to come back. I asked for toilet paper at the lobby and it took them 45 mins to bring one roll!!

• Stayed: November 2012
10  Thank John T
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I've been to Tagaytay many times but Crosswinds made it memorable. Very nice place. You'll be wanting to comeback.

Crosswinds is fabulous with grand hospitality. The place, people and service exceeded my expectations. They even upgraded our room with no additional cost. The surrounding is so serene, so much peace & quiet. I should come back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple