“Cute little place”

Ranked #4 of 98 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Cute little place”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed two nights to attend a wedding in Hillcreek. It was a small little place, quite unassuming from outside. Signage was not that clear especially when you are driving past. The room was great looking. All the trimmings of a five star are available in the room. Comfortable bed. Nothing special or boutique about it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank chreong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Antipolo City, Philippines
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Lee Boutique Hotel is a small hotel with big surprises. Little did I know that I'll have one of the most comfortable sleep in a hotel. I was first disappointed because the room assigned to us is near a busy highway. But come the time to sleep I didn't hear any loud noise that would disrupt my peaceful slumber. And because of that I got to enjoy our stay. The staff we're all attentive and attends to our every need. The hotel's location is located strategically so you can visit every tourist spot in Tagaytay with spending too much time traveling. Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Lee Boutique Hotel in Tagaytay is just plain nice & simple... and I like it.

A good friend gave us A 2 Bedroom Suite and I think everything is Ok, the restroom is clean, the bedroom was comfortable (though you can't move the beds)..Interiors-ambiance-temperature--Everything is Ok. Not too complicated.

Though we forgot about the complimentary breakfast, funny there's an electric kettle atop the mini fridge, there's no socket to plug it! LOL.

I am not sure yet on what "Boutique Hotel" should be, but so far this one is nice & simple and our stay was A-OK.

Room Tip: Complimentary Wi-fi is stronger in common areas.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The photos looked good but really, it's a hotel with cheap plastic doors! Might as well shell out extra 500 bucks to book a more decent hotel. Never again as I feel really short changed here. Should've booked Taal Vista instead

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank PQ529
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I booked a weekend stay on a whim because it has gotten so hot and humid in Manila. Found a good deal on Asiatravel.com for this "boutique hotel". The reviews were mixed and I have seen this property from the outside and decided to try it out.
The deal was 6,352.34 for 2 nights with breakfast (143U$ in today's exchange rate) for two). The trip started out a comedy of errors. My sister said use CAVITEX instead of SLEX. The trip took 3 hours before we even got to the Tagaytay Rotunda (multiple construction on different towns of Cavity).
When we got to Tagaytay, it was already lunchtime. Turning right into tagaytay nasugbu road in an attempt to find a place to eat. I was thinking pizza, it took 30 minutes before we even got to a spot where there were several restaurants and Carlo's pizza.
After lunch, we proceeded to the "boutique hotel"

Comedy #1 NO ROOM TONIGHT-
Sorry maam, we have to transfer you to another hotel because we have a water pipe problem (said Raymond). I replied we just had a 3 hour drive to get here and half an hour from the rotunda to lunch and another half hour to get here. Where are you moving us? A broken pipe is a broken pipe after all. We made reservations for you at Magallanes Square Hotel. Its after the rotunda. I almost blew my top and said - we just came from there traffic is horrible.

Comedy #2 YOU WILL BE TRANSFERRED IN A TRICYCLE
He calmly said, we will get you there on a tricycle. DUH?! I snidely answered do I look like I ride a tricycle (of course I do but heck this is a "boutique hotel" right?). He tried to explain and then I said, ok I will drive but we are not passing through the Tagaytay - Nasugbu road. He said, one of the staff (Anthony) will accompany you to get there through the back roads of Maritime.

Comedy #3 BACK WHERE WE WERE EARLIER - When we got to the hotel it was right in front of where we had lunch an hour earlier. I said to my partner well at least honey - there's Starbucks across the street and Leslie's for bulalo.

Comedy #4 CHEAP HOTEL IN S STRIP MALL - Upon entering the replacement room, I looked for the rate of the room ( I had this bad feeling that the reason for the 64% discount was intentionally putting guests on sub-par rooms to save the revenue but not incur costs). The published rate of the room was 3,000 but I would not even book that room. First, the whole place Magallanes Square hotel smelled of bleach, the flooring was soggy, the door frame was rotting at the bottom and chipped paint all over. We were placed in room 103 with no windows and felt like being in a basement. It was the backend of a 2 level strip mall. To top it off, evening until 9am and morning beginning at 9am we could hear a jackhammer pounding somewhere. This was definitely not funny at all.

Around 4pm, I was on the phone with the guy handling Asia travel customer support (Rey Delariarte) and he was very solicitous and offered to look for another place. Being mother's day weekend, it was nearly impossible to find another place and we were not going to spend anything more for this spur of the moment trip.
Around 5pm, the manager of the Lee Boutique called me (name Carla) and she said maam, I promise you we will make sure to impress you tomorrow, we have also upgraded you to a superior suite and either lunch or dinner tomorrow is on us.

Comedy #5 TRAFFIC ON A SUNDAY
Finally, Sunday arrived and we packed and left the hotel we were transferred to as quickly as we could. We drove to Taal Vista, played slots in the casino won 5,000 and had lunch at Sky Ranch across the street in Altura weekend market. (READ _ parang perya lang ang skyranch.) The saving point was the weather, it was sunny and windy after lunch we drove back to the hotel. MY GOD 45 Minutes to get to the hotel from skyranch and its not even 4km away!

Comedy #6 NO INTERNET
The room we got in fairness room 105 was farthest from the front desk on a quiet area. BUT no internet connection at all despite several attempts to connect to the hotel's mobile WiFi, leeboutiquewifi, pldt DSL. They had three routers but all three do not connect to the internet. I think these guys on the front desk don't know what internet looks like.

Comedy #7 POTATOES IN PORK ADOBO and CHICKEN BONES IN BIHON - 45 MINS WAIT
Got hungry and ordered quick snacks. Adobe pork rice topping (supposedly with egg) and bihon. After 45 minutes and three follow up calls. Got adobo potatoes, only three pieces of pork meat, lots of rice, no sauce and no egg. Bihon tasted like thin noodles covered with soy sauce and mixed with leftover chicken meat and broken bones. I ate the three pieces of adobe meat and drank water instead of eating the bihon because there was so much broken chicken bones it does not even make sense what the cook was thinking with this sorry bihon.

Comedy #8 THATS A BANANA SPLIT?
I told Michael we should just eat outside because the food I ordered suck. We came back after dinner and the front desk said, what would you have for dinner maam. I said we ate already but would not mind getting dessert. He said ok. The called the room to ask what dessert we wanted I said banana split is ok. I jokingly said to Michael, surely they will not mess up banana split. Well as I stepped out of the bathroom, Michael said they messed up banana split. He said look. I looked and lo and BEHOLD, a platter (platter not plate) of sliced bananas arranged nicely with chocolate syrup drizzled topped with cherries.

Comedy #9 THE ICE CREAM MELTED BECAUSE THE REF BROKE DOWN
Despite these, the hotel staff were really solicitous so I called and asked nicely. Is this how you guys really make banana split? He answered Maam sorry our ref has broken down and all the ice cream we had has melted so we could not give you banana split only the banana and chocolate syrup. I said, "you could have asked me first if I wanted a banana with chocolate syrup." This was supposed to be a 'recovery meal for transferring us to a crummy hotel remember?

Comedy #10. WATER HEATER HAS NO PLUG ADAPTER
Monday morning, I got up to make coffee, the coffee pot had no plug adaptor, I had to call at 6am wait after 12 rings before someone picked up and brought a plug adapter over.

Comedy #11 - NO BREAKFAST IN THE ROOM
I called to ask for the breakfast. At this point, I had zero expectations but was ready for another "error". Maam (Joan said) breakfast is only in the viewdeck at the 3rd floor or the restaurant at the basement level. If served in the room you will be charged 350 per order. I answered Miss, I don't care anymore. The service here sucks talk to Carla. I want my breakfast in the room not anywhere else.

In summary, this should be called a B&B not a boutique hotel. There is no boutique feeling. The service is not boutique it is amateur and I pity the staff working having to deal with guests expectations when there are clearly management issues in this property.

What works - The room is photogenic, aircon works, bed is firm, sheets and towels were ok. The water supply was functioning despite the "broken pipe situation they had the day before". The staff are solicitous but clueless and harassed with having to deal with things that are not in place.

What needs to change - Have a vehicle to transport guests moved to other hotels not tricycle. Replace the kitchen cook, try using boneless chicken meat instead of cutting chicken bones to smithereens hoping guest can eat it in your bihon. Get a good internet provider. Tape the power adaptor on the water heater cord instead of having people run around (these are cheap have one in each room). The IT person should not be the same person delivering room service orders. No wonder he forgot to get the used plates afterwards. The lunch plates were inside the room until we checked out the following day. Train people in knowing the difference between connected to a router and connected to the internet. IT IS DIFFERENT.

Finally, change the name from LEE BOUTIQUE Hotel TO LEE B&B to lower people's expectations of what the experience should be. I sometimes think I would be better for me to raise my voice and shout so people can see I'm already upset or disappointed but I find anger counterproductive Still, the people in the front desk should get training on sensing when the guest is already "seething steam" from the service. Will I go back here? NOT LIKELY.

This is the 3rd trip we made to Tagaytay as a couple. The first trip staying in The Boutique Hotel was also a disappointment (See my review from 2011). The second trip in Discovery Suites was fabulous and the food there was fabulous too (see my review from 2012).

In both trips, we did not deal with horrible traffic. This 3rd one bad traffic and bad hotel experience. Next time, I will likely try out the bigger hotel like Taal Vista or even Summit Ridge. But for now while Discovery Suites is under renovation no more B&B or boutique hotel experience in Tagaytay for us until the local tourism office gets a handle on how these places are managed.

Room Tip: Get room 105 farthest from anyone.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
10 Thank bel3ms
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The hotel and their reservation office are two different locations. The hotel is in Tagaytay City and the reservation is in Manila. If you call the hotel for a reservation, you will be referred to email their reservation office.

To our frustration, email is their only and only form of communication. Try asking their number and you will be declined. So to communicate back and forth only via email is quite a hassle. We are more used to discuss details over the phone than email.

As for the hotel, if you are coming from Manila, their signboard is quite high so better be alert because if you pass the hotel, making a u-turn is quite difficult on this busy street. If memory serves me correctly, if you see the Starbucks and the Iglesia Ni Cristo, you are very near so you need to drive slow and look to your left.

So you can just imagine how more difficult it was when we were on the other way driving at night with little to no street lamps along the road.

Upon checking in, the parking attendants were very courteous and alert. The front desk clerk that time was Ms. Joan and she greeted us with a smile and rushed to check if our rooms are neat and ready. She was also kind enough to greet my mom a Happy Mother's Day the following day during breakfast.

After our frustration with their reservation office, I was expecting a letdown on what our room would look like. I was wrong.

The superior room had 2 rooms each having its own tv and a common living room also with tv. The master bedroom has a queen size bed with a bathroom and a closet. The other room had 2 single beds and no bathroom, but there was a common bathroom so no worries.

The air-conditioning worked fine and the beds were comfortable. Being a boutique hotel, the bathrooms were small but surprisingly very cleverly designed that it didn't seem cramp at all.

The only thing we didn't like was, since it was situated along a busy street, you can hear vehicles passing by even early morning, which made sleeping not that pleasant. They should probably install dual pane glass in their rooms.

You can either park at their parking area near the street, or drive down below their "gated" parking area. Breakfast was just ok. Just good enough to fill your tummy before going back to Manila.

The hotel is near Skyranch and other restaurants, though not walking distance.

Overall, the service of the hotel staff was excellent. The rooms were great, the food was ok. They just need to do something about how a guest can make a reservation conveniently.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jojowtan
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Just want to include Tagtaytay in our itinerary to the Philippines to get a glimpse of the world's smallest volcano. And we do not want to spend too much on hotel rooms as we do not plan to stay inside the hotel the whole day. But do not want to stay in a shabby room either. We want a nice hotel, clean and comfortable room but not too expensive. We checked online and Lee Boutique Hotel is one of those that are just right on the budget. Though I've read mix reviews about this hotel, we decided to go ahead and book anyway.

Well, are we glad to have done that! This hotel is excellent! The rooms are very nice, very clean, and exceed the standard of at least a 4 star hotel.

For those who are looking for a nice place to stay in Tagaytay, this hotel is on top of my recommendation. Location is excellent too!

Indeed a must try hotel. Staffs are nice and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family