“Definitely not going back!”
Review of Lee Boutique Hotel

Lee Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 105 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I booked at this hotel through Agoda more than a month ago and even called to confirm my reservation. When we arrived, the man at the front desk (who claimed to be the manager) said that they are fully booked and no longer have queen beds available. Our room was upgraded to an executive suite with two single beds. We argued a little - I was stressing my point that I long paid for the room and I don't even care if I get a suite. I paid for what I need. He on the other hand kept on insisting the clause on the voucher "subject to hotel availability". I said single beds won't do for me, I cannot sleep comfortably knowing I might fall down the bed. Besides, my husband and I are are quite big, which is another reason why we need a big bed. Knowing that I'm at the losing end having paid for the full amount in advance, I offered him a solution to just put the beds together. He said he cannot do it because a pillar stands in the way of the two beds. Since it is my first time to book at Lee, I asked him if the room cannot accommodate the two beds put together, he said the room is spacious but it just won't do. They cannot move the beds together. I asked if I moved the bed, will it be OK, and he said yes as long as I do it. What kind of service is that? This really pissed me off. He told me to look at the room and decide. When I saw the pillar he was talking about, what he said about not moving the beds around didn't even make any sense. And it wasn't a pillar at all! It was a wooden fixture with a lamp, and it's not even protruding! Mind you, this so called manager did not even apologize nor greeted us when we saw him at the counter the following day when we checked out. He pretended he didn't see us and just went about his business.

I echo the bad service all the other reviews about the place say. You can get your moneys worth at other hotels in Tagaytay with much better service. Don't fall for the big discounts this hotels posts. Their rooms are not worth the 7K or 8K they post on the internet. The 2,500 to 3,000 range is the right price. Discounts they post is just a trick. And true to another review here, they are dishonest. I tried booking directly with the hotel the same time I was booking in Agoda so I know they have available rooms then.

The only positive I can say about the hotel is their guard/parking attendant is very attentive and courteous. Also the other bellboy on duty was kind and assertive.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank honey c

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We spent our honeymoon in this hotel 2 years ago, we stayed in their Junior Suite for 3 nights and we enjoyed each and every moment we spent there. We have very good memories here.

Now, We are back with our baby girl and a nanny, so we stayed in their 2 BR Suite. It has 2 bedrooms, very suitable for a family of 4-5 persons. It has a common area with a couch and a coffee table. One bedroom comes with a Queen bed and the 2nd room with 2 single beds. Perfect!

We are very happy to create memories of our family in this hotel. Some staffs are still there, from 2 years ago, and met some new ones as well. Nevertheless, the same friendliness was extended to us and we feel very much welcome and so much at home.

Thank you Lee Boutique. See you again on our anniversary.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed here last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our overnight stay. Due to some accumulated credits, we were able to slash 1k off the room price! Yay!
The size of the room is quite cozy, with a queen size bed, a daybed and even a couple of chairs and a table. The design was tastefully European but not gaudy. The daybed was divine! I actually took a nap on it since it was so comfortable. The pillows and duvet on the bed were nice as well, very clean, fluffy and comfortable. Bathroom was small but I loved the rain shower. No bidet and hair dryer though.
Breakfast was included in our reservation, you just need to choose your meal from the menu. Chose the P & P or Pancakes and Protein. However, they didn't have syrup for the pancakes! Good thing I was a trooper and made do with the butter and sugar but I think that was a funny thing to overlook if you're serving pancakes!
Will definitely spread the word about this quaint hotel with a great location!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chili720
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I like the room design, European style, hand painted walls, cute ceiling. It is very classy and sophisticated. Aside from the design, i also like that it is very well maintained and clean.

The staffs are the best! They assist us all through out our stay, specially we are with my grandfather and grandmother with us. They accommodated our request to modify the breakfast into low salt, low fat foods. Very nice of them.

Indeed a recommendable hotel to stay in Tagaytay. With the price, it's perfect!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Spend the holidays in this tropical city and got the chance to booked this lovely hotel at an incredible price. Our stay is very enjoyable and we absolutely will be booking this hotel again should we come back to Tagaytay.

The rooms are lovely and complete with modern amenities which you usually find in a more expensive hotel. The design is very nice and has a touch of class. The furniture are of good quality and they seem to take details in mind when they created this hotel.

I agree with the previous review to pay more if you expect top service. Hence, this hotel is perfect if you want to get a good room but is not willing to break your bank.

The staffs, though not very professional, are friendly enough and are willing to please.

Overall experience, the best. We like the hotel.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We enjoyed our stay in this beautiful boutique hotel in tagaytay. We are a group of 20 people and our travel agency booked us in this hotel for 3 nights, we absolutely fell in love with the rooms. It has classic design, fine pieces of furnitures, clean rooms, comfortable beds, lovely shower with a bathtub. We are so grateful our agent chose this hotel as it is in a nice location, therefore, going around is not a problem at all.

Although this is just a small hotel and our group occupied the whole second floor, it is lovely inside. Ive been reading bad reviews and expect that rooms will be old and dirty, but NO, we are surprised it is actually updated, no signs of aging at all, very well maintained, with nice linens and spacious rooms. I dont know which rooms those people who wrote bad reviews are complaining about, but all the rooms that was given to us are in good shape, and very well maintained. Cant imagine what to complain about, specially the price is the cheapest with this standard of room.

I believe if you expect the service of the Ritz, then you should book the Ritz! Otherwise, this hotel exceeded the standard of a 4 star hotel.

We will definitely recommend Lee Boutique Hotel. Ciao to all the friendly staffs that assist us during our stay. You are so wonderful. Keep up the good job! We hope to see you again in our next trip to your beautiful city.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

After reading all the negative reviews on Tripadvisor, I was even more intrigued to book a stay at the Lee Boutique Hotel to pass my own judgement. To be completely honest, it wasn't all that bad. I agree that rooms aren't exactly that massive (so we booked in a two-bedroom suite complete with two bathrooms) but it isn't as bad as it was made out to be. Location is excellent, right in the middle of Tagaytay. The only downside is that the hotel is along the main road, perhaps they can install sound proof windows. Breakfast was alright, they only serve Filipino food which really isn't for everyone so I guess that this is something the hotel can look into and possibly add to the menu. Staff need a bit more training as well, it sort of looks highly unprofessional especially when 5 staff overcrowd the reception and act like they don't really know what's going on. But that was sorted anyhow. Overall, I have a good stay, it was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family