“Not Happy” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 97 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Manila, Manila, Philippines
“Not Happy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

1. Wifi is one of my requirements when I book for a hotel room, so that is one reason I booked here. Upon arrival I asked for the WiFi availability in our room since I will be staying all day inside. Front desk told me that they are having problems with their internet provider but will inform me once its fixed. They never called. Wifi is beyond terrible. There is none in my room.

2. Thinking you paid for a more expensive hotel, that you will get better service is not applicable for this hotel.

3. No internet so I settled for cable TV, and then cable went out as well.

4. The floor is sticky.

5. The walls are so thin I can hear the conversation at the adjacent room.

6. Breakfast is so-so.

7. When I asked for an extra key, since I am sharing a room with someone, they asked for 250Php. So I opted not to get one.

8. The room was dusty especially the veranda/balcony, I am unsure if it was because its just right beside the road or was it because it wasn't cleaned properly.

I will definitely not go back, and will not recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 11, 2014.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Carl G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Pasig City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Service as excellent. Their staff should be commended for their best efforts to accommodate their guests. We arrived and realized that I forgot the voucher that I got from the travel expo. Joan Hachiles was very helpful and was able to check-in on the date we reserved.

But I got frustrated as we get in to our room. I sent email to the reservations that I wanted to have a room that is far from the streets. I even got confirmation that my request was noted. But as we arrive, we got room 302 and 303 that is just beside the street. When about to use the toilet on room 302, no water!!! We have to go to the other room just to use the toilet. I called the reception and said that there is a problem on the water pressure on this room. They are aware there is a problem... why did they let this room to be used?

Room Tip: Do not accept room room 302. It has a poor water pressure. We have to go to the other room just to u...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

Manila, Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Me and my family were looking for hotels to stay in for a night and found this hotel along the road. We got the discounted rate for the rooms. My dad was able to negotiate a late check-out time at 2:00 pm, no extra charge, since we checked-in at 10:30 pm. The only problem with the rooms was the sound of cars driving by because the suite is located beside the road.

Service was average. Checking out stressed us. A companion, who left a few hours ahead of us, forgot to leave the extra key. We got stuck there, waiting in the cars for an hour while my aunt talked to the receptionist, who insisted that the key must be returned instead of telling us how much do we have to pay for the lost key.

1 Thank themonkeytravels
philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Check was hassle free. Rooms are ok. Comfortable bed. Nice hot shower.
Breakfast was the usual fanfare (tocilog, tapsilog, etc.) The hotel staff are very courteous and constantly smiling. Would recommend this to friends!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cglagdameo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Arrived on the day the typhoon occurred so was expecting a little bit of disruption but very little thankfully. Check in was a bit protracted as the computer was down but we got there eventually and with a lot of the usual Filipino smiles. Never felt unwelcome.
Room was with a little enclosed balcony and it was a nice extra touch to be able to see all the way into the gully, even though the trees were bending horizontal! Had more than enough space for 2 adults and 7 year old.
Breakfast was a choice of set American or Filipino with a couple of options and was tasty. The location is a bit out of town; signage needs to be more prominent but overall very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Go for a superior towards the back of the hotel, upstairs left hand side as they have great views of...
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

We are a family of 3 and booked a Superior Room for 2 nights just this month. We got a pretty good deal as we only paid almost half of the original price per night. Upon check-in, we were informed by the receptionist that we've been upgraded to a Deluxe room with a king-size bed, smoking area and all that. We were delighted!

PROS: - Room was very comfortable, although I think they can still improve the lighting as it somehow looks very dim.
- Mini bar replenished daily.
- Well trained staff especially the security guards/door men who were very helpful and attentive.

CONS:
- the floor was a bit sticky, we don't know if it was liquid floor wax or what.
- no view, there were just high walls to look at
- their viewing deck was quite spacious but had a very limited and obstructed view of the lake
- upon entering the room, it smells damp/moldy or whatever you may call it. I don't know if this was because we were located at the ground floor and therefore no air or sunlight ever gets in the room because of the high walls. They should invest in dehumidifiers.
- very very thin walls, you can hear noise coming from outside the room, definitely a minus if you are sensitive to noise ( good thing we're not)
-corkage fee of 100% for food deliveries. so you better just buy the food yourself or eat out.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. I just really think they should lower their published rates because for their price 5-6k++ there are other hotels that offers a lot more than Lee Boutique.