“Poor customer service”
Review of Lee Boutique Hotel

Lee Boutique Hotel
Ranked #4 of 102 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The duty manager (Raymond) was not very helpful and bastos/disrespectful. We were asking him to help us with our concern (we reserved 2 superior rooms and was put in a single room with just a divider in the middle, the other side of the room has no refrigerator) and he just dismissed us and said that he has a lot of things to do. Tsktsk! Plus, you can hear the noise of the cars passing by and the sheets are dirty with yellowish stains. Ugh! I have a photo to prove.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jaymie D
There are newer reviews for Lee Boutique Hotel

Reviewed January 14, 2013

If your're looking for a hotel to just spend the night, this hotel would sufficiently fulfill your needs. Rooms are clean and spacious enough for you to move comfortably. Amenities are complete and staff are courteous and accommodating. Rooms don't have a view though. Breakfast was ordinary and quite expensive.

If you're looking for a room to relax and spend the whole day in though, there are several other alternatives with a great view and yummy breakfast.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We just needed a place to stay the night before our friend's wedding. We did not need a room with a view so this hotel fulfilled our needs. We booked at Agoda.com & got a promo of 45% off.

Our observations:
1) We knew we were going to arrive late since we were taking our time before leaving Manila. We did not want to be stressed plus my husband had a headache. So, I decided to text the hotel just to communicate to them that we are arriving but checking in late. They do not respond to text messages. You have to call them. When I tried calling them for the second time at 6PM, their mobile phone (Sun Cellular #) could not be reached.

2) Check in was quite quick and there was a porter to help us with our bags.

3) We requested for a double (queen) bed since we were travelling with a 7-month-old infant. Though they did surprise us with an upgrade to a deluxe room, we were given 2 single beds. So, we had no choice but to sleep apart & have the baby sleep with one parent in a twin bed. We were also given a smoking room (as evidenced by the presence of an ash tray + faint smell in the toilet) when we requested for a non-smoking room. It was no biggie though because there was only a faint smell in the toilet, which my husband did not even detect (I have a keen sense of smell). When I called to ask, they did not have an available room anymore to fulfill our requests for a double bed. (Well, we did check in late, at around 730 PM).

3) Everything on top & inside the refrigerator was complimentary: 2 small bottles of mineral water, 2 small packs of Nagaraya Adobo peanuts, 2 solo size bottles of C2 Apple, 2 sachets of Kopiko 3-in-1 instant coffee & 2 bags of Lipton tea.

4) One of the teaspoons in our room was dirty, though it was in place as if unused. Someone had already used it to make a drink.

5) There were some (old) stains in our bed sheets: the type of stains that were seemingly not removed even after washing.

6) Breakfast was filling. My husband & I enjoyed our choices of Beef Tapa & Pork Tocino. Very tasty & tender meats plus cuts were lean (no fat).

7) We had to wait a bit for check out because they could not find the hand towel, which was already on the floor when we left.

8) They have free wifi (get the password from reception) and cable TV.

9) My husband availed of the massage service. There were able to get a masseuse, even if it was already 8PM. The masseuse was able to get to our room in 20 minutes.

Overall, we would stay here again if we needed a room in Tagaytay.

2  Thank ronabanana
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family and I checked in @ Lee Boutique Hotel last Dec. 28, 2012. The hotel was quite okay, clean and the staff were accommodating. The rooms are big enough for a family of four adults. I reserved for (1) room only thinking that my sons can still be accommodated since it was a big room and I was paying for two extra beds. Had I known that they won't allow us to be just in one room, I would have checked in to a bigger hotel with a great view of the Taal Lake. I ended up paying for two rooms which to me is just not practical. The rooms have balconies but facing to a blank wall.

The hotel doesn't have a direct view of the Taal Lake, coz it's obstructed by another property and coconut trees. The restaurant is in the basement while their viewing deck is in the topmost floor which becomes hard for us to bring food or drinks or even call for waiters.

With the price that we paid, we thought that we will have a buffet breakfast, but to our dismay, we were just given a platter of Filipino foods of our choice and when we ordered for an extra rice, I was so shocked coz it costs P109.00 per cup.

I will never go back to this hotel again. Their price is just not reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ildecita518
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We spent New Year's eve at this hotel, and liked it. The rooms are well maintained and clean. Service was quite good, especially on such a busy day. Only downside is the slow breakfast service and the broken wifi, but these can easily be forgotten with the excellent customer service by the front desk personnel and the homey ambiance of the hotel.

We'll definitely come back!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank CarloMarcelo
Reviewed January 3, 2013

went there 23rd of december, yes room is very well equipped, but the bed is too small, 2 single bed, amenities and design of the room is nice, price is very steep on that day considering p7800 per night,one tagaytay place charged only 6000 plus per night that time, very small lobby, not worth the price of the room, but room is very clean, they encourage on line booking, 9300 for direct booking dont know how that works, isaacmanila was right no outside view from the room, a veranda for smokers all the rooms are facing the wall, they did make the room cozy though, even the bathroom was well stocked and very clean, breakfast is very limited, american or filipino breakfast that it, taste very bland, you need to go somewhere for your lunch and dinner.overall i may comeback if the price of the room was not that expensive. hallway to the rooms are like a motel, price of a 5 star on a 3 star hotel

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had apprehensions about this boutique hotel ever since I've known about it 2 years ago. Their published rate is ridiculously expensive but they were constantly on promo from Agoda.com to group buying sites. We checked in on new year's eve and found out why they couldn't stick to their published rate.

The room we got was the one closest to the lobby, Room 101. We could hear the noise from the reception area of course and since it is on the ground level, the view from the window is the next door's apartelle. Our reason for staying in Tagaytay was to get away from the noise and pollution cause by the new year's celebration and for a moment we thought Lee was a terrible mistake. Surprisingly, at past 11pm, the area was quiet enough for a good night sleep.

My review breakdown:
Room - Spacious and clean with abundance of pillow. There's a couch where our 3 year old son could sleep and a breakfast table.

Bed - Comfy enough for me but the pillows were a bit too high for us. My husband had a hard time sleeping. I didn't use the pillow because halfway through my sleep, I could feel "stiff-neck" about to greet me when I wake up.

Bathroom - I'm a sucker for beautiful bathrooms and this one didn't make the cut. Although I have to give them credits for having a clean, actually usable bath tub.

Breakfast - Greatly disappointing. We have stayed in The Boutique and Discovery Country Suites where breakfasts swept us off our feet. Lee's was like breakfast cooked at home. No presentation, no vinegar for my daing, you have to call their waiter to serve the fruit dessert (really sour pineapple which we didn't eat anymore)... I don't know why they can't serve breakfast in our rooms (there's a P350 charge) instead all the guests have to go to the dining hall, an enclosed room with no windows at all. It would have been better if the dining hall was on the roof deck so we could at least enjoy Tagaytay's view.

Others:
- No WIFI connection... :(
- Room service rate was so expensive. Since we still have left-overs from lunch, we only ordered a couple of plain rice for P90 each plus service charge.

Room Tip: I'm not sure which rooms have balcony and view. If you're booking through Agoda, get the del...