“Mediocre Boutique”

Ranked #4 of 97 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Quezon City, Philippines
“Mediocre Boutique”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had apprehensions about this boutique hotel ever since I've known about it 2 years ago. Their published rate is ridiculously expensive but they were constantly on promo from Agoda.com to group buying sites. We checked in on new year's eve and found out why they couldn't stick to their published rate.

The room we got was the one closest to the lobby, Room 101. We could hear the noise from the reception area of course and since it is on the ground level, the view from the window is the next door's apartelle. Our reason for staying in Tagaytay was to get away from the noise and pollution cause by the new year's celebration and for a moment we thought Lee was a terrible mistake. Surprisingly, at past 11pm, the area was quiet enough for a good night sleep.

My review breakdown:
Room - Spacious and clean with abundance of pillow. There's a couch where our 3 year old son could sleep and a breakfast table.

Bed - Comfy enough for me but the pillows were a bit too high for us. My husband had a hard time sleeping. I didn't use the pillow because halfway through my sleep, I could feel "stiff-neck" about to greet me when I wake up.

Bathroom - I'm a sucker for beautiful bathrooms and this one didn't make the cut. Although I have to give them credits for having a clean, actually usable bath tub.

Breakfast - Greatly disappointing. We have stayed in The Boutique and Discovery Country Suites where breakfasts swept us off our feet. Lee's was like breakfast cooked at home. No presentation, no vinegar for my daing, you have to call their waiter to serve the fruit dessert (really sour pineapple which we didn't eat anymore)... I don't know why they can't serve breakfast in our rooms (there's a P350 charge) instead all the guests have to go to the dining hall, an enclosed room with no windows at all. It would have been better if the dining hall was on the roof deck so we could at least enjoy Tagaytay's view.

Others:
- No WIFI connection... :(
- Room service rate was so expensive. Since we still have left-overs from lunch, we only ordered a couple of plain rice for P90 each plus service charge.

Room Tip: I'm not sure which rooms have balcony and view. If you're booking through Agoda, get the del...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Marikina Heights, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The room that we got was so spacious. All the hotel staff were very courteous and friendly. Our request of staying near the lobby was granted. However, they were very strict with the number of guests occupying their rooms.. It was ok for us to add but I don't think it was really worthy... First of all the veranda's view is either wall or roof of nearby apartelle. Since it was pricey, we were expecting that there's a view of the lake in our veranda, but were told instead that we need to go to their deck to have a glimpse of the volcano... BUT ALL WE SEE IS THE BLUE ROOF OF THE APARTELLE BESIDE!!!!! BAD TASTING BREAKFAST!!! SMALL LOBBY!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ivy A
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I wanted to celebrate our wedding anniversary by trying something new. It was a risk trying a bed& breakfast type -3 star hotel, especially for my husband who loves first class amenities. We got our room for a good deal.upon entering the room, just as expected...No view from any of the rooms. But the room is spacious. Clean bathroom, good smelling sheets, well lighted room. We were not able to partake of the free breakfast because we woke up later than the cut-off time of 10.30am. The receptionist upon checking out was not friendly. Did not even say "Thank You for coming". Oh, They give 2 free bottles of water. But my husband ordered another one at night and the next day I was billed for P109.00 for a 250ml bottled water. And I didnt get a receipt for it.

Room Tip: We got room 106. At least you won't hear the tricycles and cars.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Philippines
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Got a good deal from ensogo for less than Php3,000. I'm not sure if we got a deluxe or superior room but it was really spacious & clean. The staff at the parking area, reception & restaurant were all very nice, friendly & accommodating. There were a lot of complimentary items in our room aside from the water & coffee/tea we also got nagaraya crackers & C2 Apple flavored tea drinks. The only problem I had was that the aircon was acting up a bit. We put the thermostat at 18 degrees but I still had to remove my comforter in the middle of the night as it got a little warm. Our stay was still very good. The bathroom was really modern. Love the showerhead. Will come back to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the deluxe room. The room was spacious. With a comfy queen size bed, with a comfy couch and coffee table. The service is good for room service they are quick to respond but in the restaurant during breakfast I have to ask twice for water and thrice for hot water. But overall our stay was pleasant and relaxing.

• Stayed November 2012
Sydney
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hotel, i booked the cheapest room they had (Superior Room) so didn't expect to much, i certainly didn't expect to like the hotel as much as i did.

Our room was large (approx 30 Sqm) and had a big comfy spring bed, very well furnished with a table and couch, down lights and lamps, WS TV with cable..all very swish.

The negatives were more to do with Tagaytay then the hotel, jeepnees wont stop and the trike's are to small (not of the sit up variety) they could do with a courtesy bus, you can walk to the rotunda in maybe 6 or 7 minutes but there is no footpath.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Alabang
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My fiance and I had an awesome time at the Lee Boutique. We purchased a discounted coupon from ensogo for just about P3k in total, truly a great deal!

The night before our trip, I checked the reviews online in case there's anything that I need to be prepared for. Some commented on towels, drainage, etc. So I brought a towel and was cautious when using the tub.

The room we got was on the best side of the hotel with a balcony and all. The room was very spacious and beautifully decorated; the ambiance made the whole thing feel like a European getaway. The complimentary meals were delicious, promptly delivered and generously portioned.

Altogether, it was a pleasant experience for us and we will surely consider staying there again for our next Tagaytay trips. :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple