“Hard to Find, but Clean & Nice”
Review of Lee Boutique Hotel

Lee Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 97 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Taguig City, Philippines
“Hard to Find, but Clean & Nice”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

My husband and I plus one other couple only stayed one night here. We pretty much only slept there because we were out with family the rest of the day. There isn't a whole lot to do at this hotel, but overall it was a good experience.

The service was very good, except that they gave our cousins (married) 2 twin beds even though we booked it as a double bed. The bed was pretty small, but clean and comfortable. The room was nicely decorated in a unique boutique style. There was only one plug near the table instead of near the bed, so when your alarm on your phone rings you have to get up out of bed, which I guess works better for some people!

There was hot water and the room was comfortable. Breakfast was free with the room and it was decent.

Overall a good stay, but not a 5 star because there wasn't free wifi and there were basically no amenities at the hotel. Watch out because it's hard to find this place!

1 Thank CrabisGOOD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Stayed for one night with my girlfriend, and we had a very relaxing stay - perfect little getaway. The hotel, being new, was very spiffy. The room was very spacious and the furnishings were excellent. I really loved the extra sofas in the room, made it feel really elegant. The bathroom had good amenities, though a bit cramped. Unfortunately their restaurant it still closed, so that was a tad disappointing. Fortunately the hotel's location is just right, so no worries there. Checkout was quick, and the staff very courteous. The spa though is quite expensive. Overall a pleasant experience, and will probably book a night's stay there again soon.

1 Thank Darthrenny
manila
Reviewed November 25, 2011

me and my husband stayed there for 2 nights. the hotel is beautiful, staff was friendly & very accommodating. Check in was fast and hassle free. Our room was spacious. Bathroom was very clean and bed was very comfortable. Will definitely stay here again!

manila
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My Girlfriend and i was looking for a place in tagaytay last week, until we found this property along the main calamba road near rotunda, the place looks new so we decided to give it a try, the rooms are very clean and beautiful , and its smells new. i love the wall and the cute touch of the bathroom, they also have their viewing deck perfect for spending some time to chill...this is one of the nicest hotel in tagaytay , i;ll definitely recommend this to my friends,,,

1 Thank jack l
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 12, 2011

This is a place where there's nothing to do. No views, no gym. no pool, no food, useless place. I was so disappointed with this place. Will never come back. There's nothing to do. The room is cramped. The walls between rooms are thin, you can hear what's happening in the other room. They do serve complementary breakfast but most of the food on the menu are not available. The food is not okay. Even if i got the hotel discounted, still i felt cheated. Will never come back. Service was not good. It was too slow. The staff at the front desk is not even accomodating.

Room Tip: I suggest you choose another hotel so as not to spoil your holiday/vacation.
3 Thank zazhimi
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed November 7, 2011

The major issue we have in this hotel is their DISHONESTY. We bought a discount voucher for this hotel indicating the original price and the discount we should be getting in August. It was indicated there that the voucher is good for use until the end of November. My boyfriend inquired and tried to book a room one weekend in October and was repeatedly told that the only available room for the weekend will be in November. Upon inquiring over the net, my boyfriend was able to book a room of the same type as our vouchers for the same weekend. So we went ahead with our travel plans and no, we didn’t bother using the discount vouchers we bought.

The hotel is new and clean and it is conveniently located in the main road so it won’t be hard to miss. We didn’t really have to wait that long to be checked in and was told we will get a room upgrade (from Deluxe to Executive). Upon arriving at the Executive room, my boyfriend was very disappointed because instead of a Queen-sized bed, we found two single-beds placed together. We requested another room with a queen-sized bed and surprise, surprise they found a vacant Deluxe Room with a Queen-size bed for us (not really that fully-booked huh?). Noticing that there’s really no difference between the Executive and the Deluxe Room, I inquired at the front desk what the difference is between the two rooms and was told it’s the balcony size. Note that the Executive room is located at the ground level so there’s really no balcony to begin with. Just a sliding door with a bit of open extra space and yes, the Deluxe room also has this but smaller.

I appreciated the bed and the TV and the room smelled clean. The bed is very comfortable and I liked the fact that they have enough pillows (4 big pillows plus 2 small cushions). The bathroom maybe small but also clean, with a nice small tub (good for only one person though) and I love, love their shower fixtures. Added points for the fact that the hot water also works and the water pressure is great (took me only about 8 minutes to fill the tub).

Ready for an afternoon nap and was about to fall asleep when I heard children’s voices in the adjacent room. The walls were so thin I can hear their giggles and their running as if they were inside our room as well. I reported this to front desk and they called the other room to tell them to quiet down. Not only that, but you can also hear footsteps and people’s voices in the halls.

Thinking we don’t really feel like going out for dinner to just have a quiet, restful evening we thought of just eating in the hotel. Alas! They don’t serve dinner here. And we were only told when we were inquiring what to order there. Okay, so maybe the hotel is that new and they haven’t really organized things yet, BUT they should inform guests about this to begin with. This is really upsetting, as we had to go out and find someplace else to eat. Breakfast is also a joke. You don’t get to choose what to have. You’re just given a tuna and meat dish with egg and rice. That’s it.

We’ve learned our lesson. As much as we’d like to give this hotel another try we’ve been burned badly enough to never come back. It’s a shame cause we were really hoping we’d fall in love with this place and think about coming back in the future. Guess that won’t be happening then.

6 Thank Ykn0tt
Philippines
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I made a reservation at this hotel about three months before my actual arrival and even reconfirmed two days before my reservation date, only to find out after a long rainy drive that the staff at the hotel doesn't have my reservation booked. Seems like the Manila sales office of Lee Boutique hotel is not that efficient enough to coordinate with the Tagaytay team. I was made to wait and witness how the staff argued with their Manila counterpart that my name was not in their arrival list. Worst part is, when they finally gave me a room, i got a room that was actually the opposite of what I had requested from the day I first made my booking thru their Manila Sales Office. I got twin beds (i preferred a king/queen bed), smoking room with an ashtray full of cigarette butts (obviously their Housekeeping is not that efficient as well) and the bath tub drain is also screwed up. We had to tighten the screw ourselves just to keep the drain working. The bed linens smells like it has been soaked in a pool of fabric softener. We've been sneezing the whole time we were in the room. Mini bar consists of two cans of Soda, two bottles of mineral water and 2 small packs of peanuts. Second floor hallway also stinks. It smells like it has been cleaned by a dirty mop. Soundproofing is very poor too....you can clearly hear people talking and all kinds of noises can be heard from neighboring rooms. Its also a weird thing that they have built a veranda facing a wall. Staff just kept on smiling but didn't dare do anything to make the stay worthwhile. I will never go back to this place again, as I got more stressed rather than having a relaxing long weekend getaway. I should've believed that reviews read that this hotel is not worth it. Good thing, i only purchased this stay through one of the internet marketing companies. I didn't even dare take a picture of the room as I wouldn't want to remember my stay here. That bad!

4 Thank downunder1564