“This hotel is awesome!”

Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Manila
“This hotel is awesome!”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I stayed here last January 14-16, 2012 by reserving online through agoda.com. These are my observations.

+ The hotel is very clean.
+ Our room smelled fresh and the bed was so comfortable that i did not need my Dormicum to get quality sleep. The bed is top notch (i remembered my bed back in Ritz Carlton Singapore)
+ Our bathroom is very clean! The towels were very fragrant.
+ the TV was great because i was able to plug in my media player! picture was HD indeed!
+ the staff were very helpful and they always wore a smile on their faces.

Contrary to other reviews, i think Tagaytay Wingate Manor's location is pretty neat because it's tuck in a location far from the noisy and busy main highway although still close enough to the nearby establishments. The check-in and check-out times were reasonable - its standard hotel check in and check out. The hotels rates are reasonable...they are not cheap and they are not expensive as well.

- i wish they had a bathtub... :) but not big deal! rain shower was amazing!
- I figured out the reason why wifi signal couldn't reach some of the rooms...simply because of good sound-proofing! I will never compromise sleep quality. although it would be nice to have a strong wifi signal all the same :)

Tagaytay Wingate Manor is on a class of its own. i love it here...TWO THUMBS UP!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank PeterTheTimeTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Metro Manila
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Wingate is located 1.5km from the main road, so if you don’t have your own vehicle then better think twice on staying here since it is not on the most convenient locations in Tagaytay. We loved our stay in this hotel. Since it is not on the main road, it is quiet and relaxing. The rooms are cozy, nice and clean. The bed is one that I would compare when I stayed in 4-5 stars hotel. You would get a sense that they spent a lot on decorating the hotel to satisfy their guests. The staffs are very accommodating and would quickly answer your needs. I requested for a hairdryer and within a few minutes they delivered it in my room. They have a swimming pool that you can also use, however take note that it is not a heated pool so prepare to shiver when you swim. Probably this is something that they can improve since kids would need to have something to do and the pool is their only choice. Overall, I would rate this hotel 8 out 10 only because the pool is not heated.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kristine V
Reviewed January 14, 2012

To rank this hotel as the 2nd best in Tagaytay, next to Discovery Country Suites is misleading and is an injustice to other better hotels in Tagaytay... We have stayed at Discovery Country Suites in the past and I must say that the experience was nothing close to what this hotel offers because to begin with, the positioning is quite different...

We booked this hotel because of the glowing reviews here but just to manage expectations, this hotel is nothing more than a good 2-star product...

Pros:
- New and clean
- Comfortable bed, hot shower, free wifi
- Decent size swimming pool
- Offers massage

Cons:
- Location is not that accessible (you have to enter a side street to access this - it's not along the main highway)
- So-so service (I asked for the mass schedule of the nearest church but didn't get any feedback about my request!)
- Very strict about late check out (I asked if we can check out at 1pm the following day considering that we checked in at 4:30pm but they turned down our request even if there were hardly any guests the following day)
- Although the place is generally clean, I noticed that the duvet covers were dirty!

Overall, our experience wasn't that bad but we would probably choose a different hotel next time... Perhaps a hotel that's not necessarily cheaper but offers more value...

• Stayed January 2012
5 Thank Eje0621
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed December 20, 2011

i write this review, my very first, to express how impressed i am at the development of this property. my wife and i, along with my brother and sister and their children, were among the first to stay at Wingate and we all keep coming back. Wingate, on many levels, is the best place to stay while on a visit to tagaytay.

we have a property in this city, adjacent to Wingate, and whenever our house gets overloaded with visitors (as normally happens during the holidays), we flee to Wingate.

every stay is better than the one before! the staff gets better each passing day! the facilities keep improving! the only constant are the owners: pleasant from day one.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Vr K
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We were fortunate enough to get a room for my family of 5 on the day of the trip. Found this place over the net and the pictures got me interested. A promo offer was extended to us even during this traveling peak (October 30-31 long weekend). Promo for almost 7K - room for 5 (two double beds and a single bed), massage for 2, shabu-shabu dinner for 5 and the usual breakfast). Room was big enough to fit a playpen in between beds and still have a lot of space. Provided closet can hide a mountain of bags we brought from manila. The bed was so comfortable that I am thinking of replacing my own at home. Room and bath interior was well designed that it so pleasant to stay in room. Air-conditioning and water-heaters were functioning properly and constantly. Adults will surely enjoy this place. Kids would have to be creative in spending their time here since only the cold pool is available for them. The food was good and tasty. The portioning needs improvement. But then again this is a promo rate. Just be prepared to make additional orders. Massage was done in room. A schedule was given to me due to numerous people staying in the hotel at that time. The better-half and I had to escape dinner so we could have the room to ourselves for the massage. They said that the hotel was preparing its spa room for these type of concerns but will still offer the in-room service for couples.

Breakfast was the only bad experience we had. At check-in we were asked what time to serve breakfast and was asked to choose what to prepare. Choices were the usual Filipino and Continental breakfast. We made our choices and wrote it down on a form they provided to be served at 8am. The family came out at 9am and we had breakfast an hour and a half later. I can see other guests getting impatient as well. I am not sure if the service went bad due to the presence of some VIPs. My boy already got cranky and had to settle for snack food we brought with us. By the time his food was served, he was not interested with his corned-beef anymore. :( Its most unfortunate that this incident will make me think twice in returning to this place in the future.

Wingate is a good place to relax in-room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank bryan-ph
TagaytayWingateManor, Guest Relations Manager at Tagaytay Wingate Manor, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
In behalf of all the staff at Tagaytay Wingate Manor, we apologize for failing to serve your breakfast on time. The hotel is relatively new and we are still getting ourselves acquainted with the numbers of guests to serve. Though this should not be an excuse to fail you, rest assured that this will never happen again. The management takes all of our guests' reviews seriously and even as we speak, steps are being done to ensure that valued guests such as you and your family will always be more than satisfied.

Thank you for your review and we hope to serve you again in the future.
marikina
Reviewed October 30, 2011

stayed with my family at a family suite at room 101 during the weekend. it is located away from the busy main areas but not too far as to be of any inconvenience if you have a car, perhaps a mere 5 minute drive away from one destination, which is a hub of great restaurants overlooking taal lake. our room & bathroom was very clean. the beds were so comfy, we opted to stay in for the duration of our stay after frolicking about from early morning until our check in at 2:00. wifi signal was strong enough in our room for 2 laptops & 2 cellphones to go online without problems. some cable channels didn't have sound though, but that's no biggie. i dunno if the room next to us was unoccupied but we never heard any noise from outside while in our room. the whole place is so quiet & peaceful.

we got one of their promos which includes breakfast & dinner. the free meals were delicious but a bit sparse. however, ordering more won't break your bank. prices at their small restaurant are quite affordable. we got a whole fried chicken and 2 single orders of yang chow fried rice to go with our free shabu shabu dinner; total cost only a bit more than Php500.xx. Both we found satisfyingly delicious. They must have a trained chef hidden somewhere inside that small kitchen.

staff were very welcoming, courteous, warm & friendly. everything is exactly like the photos in their website. simple, no fuzz, quiet, very clean, relaxing exactly what a usually busy & very tired family is looking for to get away from everything. check in & check out was on time, efficient & quick. we will be back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank marianne z
Thank you for your positive review. We truly strive to be the best in serving the needs of our guests.

It is our pleasure to be of service to you. Tagaytay Wingate Manor looks forward to having you as guests again in the future.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Good place to stay, good service and good value of money but we'll definitely not recommend the place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank gheinA

Travelers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels