“One more lamb steak please!”
Review of Antonio's Garden

Antonio's Garden
Ranked #3 of 171 Restaurants in Tagaytay
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen, Filipino
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Can't say anything more since they already said everything! A very good ambience... oohh yes its pricey! Who wouldn't pay for a delicious food and quality service? And above all.. I love the lamb steak :-)

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Beautiful atmosphere. Fantastic food. Pricey but it is money well-spent. This is a restaurant not for a quick, spur-of-the-moment meal. You need to call them at least a day in advance to reserve. And you need to take your time and savor the meal.

If you haven't eaten here, you have to put this in your bucket list. Save up and enjoy the experience!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We haven't returned for a while to this hidden gem in Tagaytay and the place has changed a lot since.

I made reservations about a week in advance as required and got a reminder SMS on the day itself as well as a reminder on the dress code.

My wife and I arrived at around 630PM traversing the dark narrow roads leading up to the restaurant. You wouldn't get lost as there are sufficient signs and lamp posts that I'm assuming was put up by the restaurant since it matches their theme.

We were greeted by uniformed staff and was led unto the main dining area downstairs. Our server introduced himself and made some small talk.

They served freshly baked sesame bread while they presented us with the menu. We got down to business and ordered the Porter House from their set menu which came with the house salad, soup of the day, two side dishes, coffee or tea and dessert. We also ordered fresh mango and dalandan juices.

The house salad came with blue cheese, caramelized walnuts, dried fruits, organic veggies sprinkled with raspberry vinaigrette and basil oil. The flavor was playful and sweet. Definitely one of the best house salads around.

It was about this time that Chef Tony Boy went from table to table to greet his guests as custom and even have pictures with those who asked.

After the salad, they served the Vegetable Chowder soup which I found quite average, but then again it's not really part of their claim to fame. It was sufficient to warm you up when the chilly winds blow through the garden just below.

Side dishes were served, mashed potato for my wife and tomato risotto for me. Shortly after that the star of the meal arrived, all 800g of it. It was well done, as preferred by my wife. It was sliced to about 10 sizable cuts came with pepper sauce, himalayan salt and lemons.

The steak did not disappoint as was cooked just right, the tenderness is plausible and just the right amount of fat. I couldn't decide which was the better sauce as it tasted great with both the pepper sauce and the oil sprinkled with lemon.

We were stuffed after finishing the steak and a pot of organic Tarragon tea was served while we decide on the dessert.

My wife got the Flourless Chocolate Cake while I ordered the Dark Chocolate Souffle with Cardamom Creme Anglaise. My wife found the souffle a little too gingerly due to the Cardamom. The cake was delicious.

We decided to go back to our hotel at around 830PM stuffed and satisfied.

You can hardly find any fault in the food and service except maybe for the fact that they do not strictly enforce the dress code.

1  Thank Hans C
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I'll keep this short and sweet - this is by far the best restaurant in the Philippines. There are no ifs, ands or buts about it. Be prepared to pay for the quality, but it will not disappoint. Take your time, enjoy Tagaytay, enjoy the ambiance at Antonio's. You will not find a better meal in this country.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

This was the 2nd time we had dined at this restaurant, and yes we are celebrating another occasion . It was quite far going to this place, but it is much worth the effort. For peak periods and weekends, i would advise making a call to reserve your slot , and then they would remind you of the "smart casual " attire . I noticed however a very few of the guests not following the simple house rule (maybe they are walk in guests). The place offers a subdued elegance and a beautiful ambiance , the staff are in their nice dark colored uniforms , and always seem enthusiastic with what they are doing. The male staff in particular seem to make a good pitch for the ongoing development in their property, and that's a good thing. We had for our meals the upgraded salad , seafood trio and the rib eye steak which is good for 2 person. Our desserts include the flourless chocolate cake, their own version of the panna cota and the dark chocolate souffle. All that we ordered tastes really good (it was heavenly ). We cap the night off with their brewed coffee and tea. The experience makes us think of again dining in this highly rated fine dining restaurant . Have a good meal, spend 2-3 hours with special ones,, appreciate the garden and anything the ambiance and decors offer, enjoy the good service. By the way, we later found out that the head chef Mr Antonio Escalante was not present during that time (he was in Bacolod ), it was actually the 2nd time he was not the one providing the well cooked dishes. It would be safe to say that he has taught his cooking staff well , he has left it in good hands.

1  Thank doctorfoxtrot