“Well worth the hype”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Perth, Australia
“Well worth the hype”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We booked for a lunch at Antonio's for our anniversary. I only emailed the staff to please give us a good table as it was our anniversary lunch.

The place was very beautiful - an old, large house that exudes elegance and old world charm. The staff were all very friendly and attentive. We were seated in the garden portion overlooking the main dining area.

We ordered the pork salpicao (~P400) for starters because we both loved pork ear, and salpicao. Didn't know how the two would go together, but we were pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Personally, this was probably the best of the food that we ate that day. The waiter recommended the dalandan juice as their best seller (~P600 for 1 carafe, ~P300 for 1/2 carafe). Because my partner wanted to try the mango juice as well, we opted for half and half of the mango and the dalandan juice. I must say, I've never been a fan of dalandan juice, but this completely changed my opinion - it was very good. They also use ice cubes that are made from the juice that you ordered, so there was no dilution of flavour for the juice.

We ordered the mains - and these already include the soup, salad, dessert and coffee for the total price. I ordered the duck confit - which was really tasty, with the fat still under the skin. My partner ordered the pork knuckle with potato and sauerkraut. It looked very nice, but needed rice - so we ordered an extra bowl of rice to go with the meal. My partner's feedback was though it was good - it lacked in comparison to other crispy pork knuckles we've had before.

We ordered one dessert each - and got a third one for free - with a happy anniversary written on the plate. This was such a nice surprise from the staff.

The total bill came to around P5,000 - which I agree is probably quite expensive relative to other places in Manila, but is a bargain for us, specially when we compare it to restaurants in Australia. Would highly recommend it for special occasions.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Monterey, California
“Delicious Food, Beautiful Ambiance”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Food was delicious, creative and well executed. Ambiance was gorgeous! An oasis after a long drive, but well worth it. Try the Antonio's Trio.

Manila, Philippines
“Oasis after 3+ hrs..”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

What were we thinking... A drive down to Tagaytay on a holiday weekend... Along with everyone else from Manila it seemed.. we headed down to Tagaytay for a much anticipated lunch at Antonio's. After a 3+ hr drive we finally entered Antonio's and were not disappointed.

The location is beautiful - lovely old grand house set amongst a beautiful garden - our window side table was just perfect. The service was excellent - very attentive without being too over bearing. And the food was mostly delicious - the steak tartare had an amazing flavour but could/should have been brought fully to room temperature before being served. However, the salad, soup and homemade pasta was all very tasty as was the dark choc souffle. The wine list was impressive and had a good selection at all price points.

Would I do it again - absolutely - just not on a holiday weekend...

Manila, Philippines
“again and again and again”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Antonio's never disappoints. We come here for lunch and dinner everytime we go to Tagaytay. Excellent food from appetizers to dessert. In my book, definitely #1 restaurant in the Philippines.

Rouen
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, quality and quantity meet expectation!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I can only recommend. It was excellent. As French, I recognized some French cuisine in the menu they offered. The quantity was also good. Slightly expensive in the Philippines but since quality and quantity is there, I can not criticize this. Tip Top resto !!!

Visited December 2013