“Lovely French-inspired dishes in Tagaytay.”
Review of Antonio's Garden

Antonio's Garden
Ranked #3 of 171 Restaurants in Tagaytay
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen, Filipino
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2011

We were not sure what to expect while reading the menu but when the food arrived, we were pleasantly surprised. The prices of the main dishes were a bit high but we realised later on that it included a salad, soup, dessert and coffee! I am sure I heard an audible sigh of relief from my brother-in-law who was paying the bill.

2  Thank nzfoodie2

Reviewed March 28, 2011

Antonio's has been an institution in Tagaytay for many years, it's not surprising that it's been reviewed 5 times in just two months since being listed here. Dining in Antonio's is not just about good food. Everything is perfect: the ambience, the service, the atmosphere, and the food. The restaurant is set in a home decorated in a black and white theme and surrounded by a beautiful garden.

Breakfast is served in a separate section below the main house, which is open until the afternoon. Dining here is more casual, reservations are not taken, and the food is more affordable. They have the usual Filipino breakfast favorites as well as waffles, steak and eggs, etc. Antonio's used to have a branch along Tagaytay ridge road called 'Breakfast at Antonio's' which has since closed; this takes its place.

Dinner is served in the original main house, which is only open for dinner. This setting is a bit more formal, reservations are recommended. Antonio's is renowned for their fabulous steaks, but everything is good.

I've been here both for dinner and breakfast. This is a wonderful place for a romantic dinner, or even breakfast. I have not had lunch here but I've eaten at their old 'Breakfast at Antonio's' location along the main road and the pasta there was excellent.

Service is perfect. Staff are very attentive without being intrusive. The whole experience is one of quality, including the linen, flatware and china used.

Dining at Antonio's is not cheap, especially for dinner. Expect to pay for quality, but it is worth it. Note also that getting here is not easy. Tagaytay is around an hour's drive away from Manila, and to get to Antonio's you need to drive maybe 4 kilometers down a narrow road off the main national road. But again, it's worth it.

1  Thank haribon01
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We have always heard about Antonio's and for some reason never got around to going. We went when we had family visiting here and it was fantastic. The actual restaurant is beautiful--you feel like you are in an ancestral home of a millionaire. When you first walk in, old family photos of the restaurant owner cover the walls which are fantastic to look at. Gardens surround the property....it is absolutely breathtaking. We were promptly seated and had an amazing meal.

We shared appetizers (steak tartare, bone marrow, and portobello mushrooms). Everyone had wine, while I opted for the dalandan juice which was great--not too sweet. It was served in a little carafe. Next came a house salad which was huge and was served with dried cranberries (I think--may have been dried cherries) as well as some blue cheese. Soup was served--I think it was crab something. As I do not eat seafood, I did not taste it but my bowl was quickly snatched by someone in my family so it must have been good. Sorbet was served which was delicious as well. We all opted for different entrees: the two duck dishes (both delicious), and the rest varieties of steak. All were great. Only side dish that we did not enjoy were the "rock salt garlic potato fries". They just were not great--rather tasteless. We all ordered dessert and everything was very good--we may have tried just about all the desserts on the menu. Did I mention they heat the cream served with the coffee? Such a nice touch.

Service was fantastic. Our server (whose name escapes me now) was perfect in every way. Courses were served one after the other with almost no wait whatsoever. Questions were answered and the recommendations he gave us were appreciated. In addition, I was trying to get some gossip from another staff members about what celebrities have visited and he was tightlipped citing customer privacy. So, if you are famous, this is the place for you and if you are just a gossipmonger (like me) you must stick to trashy magazines. The bathrooms have two toilets in them (no dividers) which while random was way cool.

I cannot say enough good things about this place. It definitely lives up to the hype!

*** The restaurant is located on a small road. Right about the time you think you have gone too far, the restaurant will be there***

1  Thank kikahead
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Antonio's offers great food and it has the best ambience for a restaurant in Asia. We ordered prime ribeye steak, rack of lamb and sea bass which were well presented and tasted good. It comes with fresh salad, soup and squid ink bread which was to me, very creative. For desert, we ordered chocolate cake which I liked the most. My companions ordered panna cotta with lemon curd and sherbet which were heavenly. For tea, we had cardamon herb tea and it was so refreshing. This is the place one should visit in Manila. The service is awesome too. Don't forget to visit the restroom which is quite unique, with two seaters.

1  Thank moistfruitcake
Reviewed January 9, 2011

If you can afford the time to drive to this restaurant (up to 3 hours from Makati City in heavy traffic) then this is a restaurant worthy of the effort to get there. The location is beautiful (see photos), the food is superb, the service is professional. The head chef trained in Adelaide, Australia. This is a restaurant that will impress locals & international visitors alike. I cannot recommend it more highly. Refer to their web site for more info. http://www.antoniosrestaurant.ph/

1  Thank ExpatAussie3