“Cheap, functional, cozy... My kind of place”
Review of Keni Po

Keni Po
Ranked #3 of 104 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I made the trip to Tagaytay last Friday, 6 December for her IELTS test at One Tagaytay and speaking test at Summit Ridge. i decided to go try this budget-meal place, because I wasn't exactly living large at the time, and it wasn't really a honeymoon/anniversary-type trip. Judging from the reviews here, we went there armed with reasonable expectations and taking note of the caveats listed by previous guests. Good thing I took the time to read up beforehand.

The room was as expected: small, clean, cozy, new sheets/beddings, relatively small bathroom, dvd player and flat-panel tv, small veranda. Staff was zippy and courteous, and everytime we called the front desk, they would respond immediately. It suited our requirements.

We weren't able to get the garden-view rooms as the place was full at the time, and it was good that I reserved a week in advance. (Do this if you really need a place to stay thats cheap, as several walk-in potential clients had to be turned away).

We didn't try the breakfast or any of the food as can be picked up in the previous reviews, as we did not want to scrimp on our meals (lodgings yes, meals never). We stayed in late the day after the test, relished the nice, clean sheets, and zoned out on cable tv and a dvd.

All in all, value for money at it's best. This was a short and sweet stay, with nothing to regret, and safe to say I will go back again. I was not able to use the pool at the time as it seemed like an easy way to catch pneumonia because of the wind chill factor at the time. But i will try it out some time in the future.

Room Tip: Pick the garden view rooms or the ones in front, their patios might be larger than what I got (front...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BogsFab

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Affordable hotel.. Friendly and accomodating receptionist and staff.. Fast service... Food served was o-k.. Had lots of movies to chose from (for free! 'coz you're room has a dvd player).. room was gorgeous.. wifi connection is fast (yey! a plus point).. 5-10 mins away from tourist spots.. comfort room was a bit small.. complete travel kit offered.. they even lent a charger for my phone! Yey!
Definitely will go back here!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a terrace on!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anna Katrina A
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

At first, We were hesitant to book the place. But reading the reviews made us convinced to pay the down payment.

If you were planning to go far from the busy place of manila, this is the best place to stay. Its far from the city. A very relaxing ambience (even the cottage where we stayed while waiting for check in cause we arrived earlier than the check in time). The room for 2 was very cozy, not too small not too big, clean bathroom beddings etc. We got the room facing the main road, we thought it will be a little bit noisy but it wasnt, cause again, it was far from the city.

Instead of going outside to eat, we rdecided to stay and ordered food from there kitchen since there food wasnt that expensive and the quantity and quality was way bigger servings and better and cheaper than those in the restaurant (lutong bahay tlga).

The next time ill be in tagaytay, ill probably recommend this place to my friends.

Thank you Keni Po for the relaxing stay and Hassle free..

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank MsTravelerAnywhere
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We always book here every time we wanted to escape our busy lives here in the Metro.
The rooms on the 2nd floor, the ones with balconies are the nicest one. Bed is comfy, bathroom is good and staff are always nice and accommodating. Their family room is good too and the price is very right.

It might be far from the attractions around Tagaytay, but we don't mind it all. There's a church right next to this hotel so you could just walk if you wanted to attend the mass on Sundays.

We will always be back on this hotel! :)

Room Tip: choose the rooms with balconies on their 2nd floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim G
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This place is a little far out from town. 3.2km - 45 mins walk or 10 min jeepney ride. Jeepneys quite frequent. Room had 4 really bright lights, I thought I was in an operating theatre. No toilet seat. Shower's had Luke warm water and sprayed in 2 directions and went all over the floor. Only had a sheet and got very cold during the night. Bed is comfortable. TV has distorted picture. Bathroom very big. Fridge makes loud noises during the night and wakes you up. Be wary about doing volcanoes tour with them. I asked twice if motorbike ride included and was told yes. Then did tour and asked the staff who I pay the 1500 peso too. Staff said the motorbike rider. When I got the boat and walked up volcanoes and back and finished boat ride, boat owner said to pay her 1500 peso, I queried who would pay the motorcycle, she said me. Then on the way back the chain came off the motorbike whilst going up hill. Turns out chain far too loose. Got back to hotel and the motorbike rider did not ask for any money, so I figured maybe boat owner pays commission to him. Then I get back to my room and she asks me if I have paid him. I told her that she told me it was included. She said ok. I always pay my way and I had asked her twice before about the bike ride and boat ride being included in price. Then I went downstairs to sort it out and she was on the phone to a customer and just kept talking, so waited a bit then walked away. The whole thing sounded a bit dodgy. The negotiations were all done between her and the rider in their own language before the trip started , which is rude in itself, so I don't know what was said between the two of them.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank twobigfeets
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed here on a weekend during my get away trip from the busy city of Makati. Fortunate to be able to booked here as they are mostly full during weekends. Arrived a little later than their usual check in time of 1pm. Was welcomed warmly by the friendly staff/receptionist. Guard assisted me to my room and oh boy, it was comfy enough for a budget hostel!
Aircon checked..functioning well. Didn't have much use of it though since I like the cold weather=)
Cable TV checked. Plus there is a dvd player where you can play your favorite movie for FREE! yes for free as long as it is in their almost a thousand list!!
Hot & Cold shower checked. Small bathroom but clean and cute. Liked it with their bidet and multi shower (however they call it)..
Toiletries provided which I only get to have on my stay at big hotels.. Yes, they provide it as well with hair blower on each room (I suppose,,.since my room had one).
WIFI super fast! They have many routers where you can connect to depending on which signal you get well.
Pool..This is one of the few things I love about my stay..Their pool is not that big nor too small but it is perfect for me..So clean! Water is sparkling clear. It is in the midst of their garden area surrounded by greeneries and cute cottages.

All this for a flat rate of P1,500! Couldn't ask for more! Surely this won't be my last!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank michael m
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on a weekend trip to Tagaytay. Room is big enough for 2, got the one with balcony facing the main road. Bathroom is clean and spacious enough. Rooms has mini bar and free DVD use. however the wireless phone they provided didn't work. So instead of going to the lobby and request for something, we just stayed on the room until we wait for our check out time. The price of P1500 should have come with breakfast just like the other hotels in Tagaytay are offering. Nevertheless, would still consider going back to this place coz I love the pool area and plans to visit the place with family / friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple