“Great stay with a great view” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Joaquin's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 97 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Alice Springs
“Great stay with a great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Joaquin's during our wedding in Tagaytay. It was not where we planned to stay but I am glad our first choice was fully booked.

First and foremost the staff made our stay great. My parents were staying with us and both have some mobility issues. The hotel is built onto the side of the slope overlooking Ta'al and you need to navigate some rather steep stairs to get to your rooms. After hearing my wife and I discuss how my parents would do getting to the room, they offered one of the family rooms at the reception level that would not involve my parents needing to climb. We also had some laundry to have done, and other requests involved with having a wedding (at another location) and the staff did everything they could to help us out.

The rooms were comfortable and homey. The beds are firm, which can be uncomfortable for some but we brought foam pads to put on the mattresses. The rooms were clean and serviced daily. The views were magnificent. We stayed in a garden room and the manicured terrace was very nice.

Breakfast was off of a set menu of Filipino cuisine augmented with some international favourites. Every morning our food was accompanied by fresh fruit.

The price is a bit high for the area, but I think you get a good value for your money. The internet is only available in the lobby area and is not very reliable, we used our Smart WiFi.

Room Tip: If you can handle some stairs, stay in a garden room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bob C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

We celebrated our "togetherness" after 25 years of being apart...and there's no other place we wanted to be other than tagaytay.....We browse more b and b's and hotels but I fell in love right away to the shabby chic theme of Joaquin's; I even fell in love more when we experience how lovely it is to stay in the place. We booked purple room and the view was so magnificent.

The breakfast is even more great ...they served it right on time. Trishia in the front desk is also very friendly as well as the others.

Kudos to Joaquin's my love and I will be back of course.

Room Tip: whichever room you'll great is perfect. You just have to book earlier ; they are always full.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mistyree
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

It was a bit expensive, but you get your money's worth.
Pros
- Nice view of the volcano.
- Nice bed. I wouldn't mind staying in and sleeping the whole day.
- Nice TV and cable (HD).
- Nice bathroom, complete amenities (hot and cold shower, bidet, tissue, towels). I just hope they replace their towels soon because they seem worn out.
- Breakfast was very delicious. Served exactly at the right time we asked and it was served warm.

Cons
- Expensive! (Haha)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kaye L
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

I had a really nice stay and my experience was overall positive. Bed was very comfy and the room we got had a canopy bed which was really romantic. Free breakfast for two served in your room. A superb view of the lake in a quaint garden. The bathroom fixtures needed a little updating but everything else was perfect!

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank ChoeeWanKenobi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

One of the best B&B with an unobstructive view of Taal. Room is well kept, its bed is super comfy, and the aromatic fragrance is just right and is quite relaxing. Complimentary breakfast for two was superb and served with hearty proportion. Tip: you can ask your breakfast to be served in your room and enjoy a lovely time eating at the veranda overlooking the gorgeous volcank and lake.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roby M
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed here for a day in 2013. We booked a family room. I must say that the room is very good.
Very relaxing. The Taal view is also very good (though you can get the same/similar view with the nearby restos). There was maintenance going on at our viewing deck. Kind of sad as we had to compete for space with maintenance personnel. Smell of paint and chemicals was also evident. Breakfast selection looked "regular". So we opted to eat out. It might be good for others though.
The personnel were doing their best to accommodate our needs. For the money, if there are other options, you might want to shop around.

Room Tip: ensure no maintenance is ongoing before you book your room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank engrfajardo
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is my second visit to Joaquin's and I am still overall satisfied with my stay.

I got the purple room with a mini garden view and my companion was thrilled with the shabby chic interiors. Four-poster bed was comfortable..the pillows and sheets were nice. Ventilation was also very good with the option of a fan or airconditoning. Room also had a Flat screen TV with cable.

They have a lot of breakfast options and we chose to have our food delivered in the morning so we could enjoy eating at the mini garden. The food was delivered right on time (exactly 9am) and it was very good.

Location of this bed and breakfast is also convenient. It is walking distance from Cliffhouse, Leslie's, RSM, Starbucks, etc.

Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple