“Good experience. Would book again.”

Joaquin's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 99 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
“Good experience. Would book again.”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I had a really nice stay and my experience was overall positive. Bed was very comfy and the room we got had a canopy bed which was really romantic. Free breakfast for two served in your room. A superb view of the lake in a quaint garden. The bathroom fixtures needed a little updating but everything else was perfect!

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank ChoeeWanKenobi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

One of the best B&B with an unobstructive view of Taal. Room is well kept, its bed is super comfy, and the aromatic fragrance is just right and is quite relaxing. Complimentary breakfast for two was superb and served with hearty proportion. Tip: you can ask your breakfast to be served in your room and enjoy a lovely time eating at the veranda overlooking the gorgeous volcank and lake.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roby M
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed here for a day in 2013. We booked a family room. I must say that the room is very good.
Very relaxing. The Taal view is also very good (though you can get the same/similar view with the nearby restos). There was maintenance going on at our viewing deck. Kind of sad as we had to compete for space with maintenance personnel. Smell of paint and chemicals was also evident. Breakfast selection looked "regular". So we opted to eat out. It might be good for others though.
The personnel were doing their best to accommodate our needs. For the money, if there are other options, you might want to shop around.

Room Tip: ensure no maintenance is ongoing before you book your room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank engrfajardo
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is my second visit to Joaquin's and I am still overall satisfied with my stay.

I got the purple room with a mini garden view and my companion was thrilled with the shabby chic interiors. Four-poster bed was comfortable..the pillows and sheets were nice. Ventilation was also very good with the option of a fan or airconditoning. Room also had a Flat screen TV with cable.

They have a lot of breakfast options and we chose to have our food delivered in the morning so we could enjoy eating at the mini garden. The food was delivered right on time (exactly 9am) and it was very good.

Location of this bed and breakfast is also convenient. It is walking distance from Cliffhouse, Leslie's, RSM, Starbucks, etc.

Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank croces
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our stay here last July, we decided to bring along our whole family. We booked 3 rooms and had the garden to ourselves. Despite ongoing garden maintenance that time, our stay was still superb. Everyone enjoyed the rooms and the hearty breakfast. The view, together with the typical Tagaytay fog, was lovely. If you're traveling with kids, remember to bring insect repellant or citronella patch, just to be on the safe side.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ClengMNL
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had an overnight stay here in early September. I stumbled upon this inn while searching on trip advisor and it seemed to have a good reputation based on reviews. We were not disappointed. The place is quiet. The staff is nice, though not as really friendly as you would expect (but who cares as long as they are not disrespectful, right?). Check-in/out was pretty quick. The room is chic and quiet. The bed and pillows are comfy. The bed is quite big, btw. Toiletries are free and come in cute details. The free breakfast was not only delicious, but more than enough to fill our tummies. Best of all, the room has an unobstructed view of the lake. This is well recommended for couples who intend to spend quality time and stay indoors most of the stay. It's a little pricey compared to other motels/inns you can stay at, but it is relatively cheap based on its location, look and service.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank thatgirlfrommanila
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I wanted a relaxing break when I hit my 32nd week of pregnancy. Just a quick getaway with my husband (sans our toddler son) and an entire day to just lay down, sleep and watch movies. We wanted to try a different BnB this time and I've read a lot of good reviews about Joaquin's. Their price is cheaper than most BnBs in Tagaytay so I booked us a room here without second thoughts.

I love everything about this hotel, from their rustic, country styled rooms to their very affordable food in generous quantity. A slight disappointment, though, is that they don't have a DVD player. I brought DVDs because we planned to stay in and have a movie marathon. It's not a big deal though because the view was great, totally unobstructed.

We booked via Agoda.com and a bathtub was mentioned under their room features. It turned out that none of the rooms have bathtubs.

I love that they have room service with no extra charge. We dinner at the balcony and I can honestly say it was a satisfying dinner considering I was still quite picky with foods. (We ordered pork binagoongan and sizzling tuna belly, both good for for sharing for less P300 each)

Room Tip: For even more perfect view of the Taal Lake, choose a room from the lower ground with garden veranda...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple