“Our 1st Tagaytay Escapade” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Joaquin's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 97 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Our 1st Tagaytay Escapade”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here last Sept 1st with hubby and we enjoyed this place a lot. It's a very comfortable place to stay with. So quiet and affordable as well considering the beautiful view of Taal you will see from the room veranda. We also loved the breakfast served to our room. Will certainly recommend this hotel to our friends and will definitely go back here when we again visit Tagaytay.

Room Tip: Lower rooms have better view of Taal.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jom G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

My hubby and I have stayed in a lot of hotels and B&Bs in Tagaytay and it's only now that I can truly say that we've found THE ONLY PLACE to stay at whenever we have our mini Tagaytay getaway. One word to describe our stay: PERFECT. From the friendly receptionist/front desk (who I believe is also the manager) to the super charming room (purple room with king bed and veranda) and fully equiped bathroom (with a bidet! yehey!) to the unobstructed view of Taal volcano and lake to parking space for our car to the hearty breakfast served in our room (you can eat either in bed or in the veranda) and all for a super reasonable price, we have no complaints whatsoever. We absolutely loved Joaquin's Bed and Breakfast and will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank wheremyfeettakeme
Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was our first overnight in Tagaytay with our son and we drove around looking for a room-- no reservations! We passed by this place and the ladies were kind enough to offer to show us the rooms before we book.

The stairs leading down the rooms were kind of steep and I won't let my son play there--but the charming room has a personality of its own and if you are looking for a bed and breakfast in Tagaytay--stay at Joaquin's.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Leslie L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed there with my family for 2days and 2nights, it's so relaxing and worth it. They only have 10 rooms (i think) coz we counted..lol..so it's not crowded even all the rooms are occupied,it still retains the orderliness of the whole establishment..If you are looking for a relaxation,defenitely this place is for you. I like this so much coz of the homey feeling,we rented the family suite,so it's at the top beside the small lobby/dining area,so when you go out to the veranda you can see the spectacular view of the taal lake. The food,hhhhmmmm very good..the dishes are nice for my taste,and the servings are worth it for the price. My appetite is huge that's why i enjoyed it :)
The only thing that keeps me irritated is the smell of the toilets,the drains are old already that's why when you go inside the toilets it smells like sewage,then if you let it open,the smell will be in the entire room,as in!When we can't take anymore of the smell,we went to the reception are and asked for a spray or whatever,then they said oil burner with scented oil is all they have,and it does the trick. At first they already know about the problem,so they should've said or briefed us from the start.
But everything about Joaquin's bed and breakfast is fantastic,from good towels,soft pillows and bed,to the ambience and service. I will defenitely,defenitely come back to this hotel. Keep up the good work,hope that your service and price would not change :)

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Precious Louwel... M
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Found this hotel by reviewing the Tripadvisor. I'm so glad to have found this hotel!

We booked through phone and making a downpayment via BDO. Since there are only 2 of us, we opted for the upper room with veranda that comes with a king size bed.

It was only 1pm when we got to the hotel, and was pleasantly surprised to be informed that our room was already available. The check-in process was so fast that I didn't get to finish the lemongrass welcome drink they served. :)

An attendant showed us to our room and it was the last room found on the upper level. Upon walking in I immediately smelled a peculiar aroma. I cannot explain what it was, but it wasn't something that I disliked. First impression was that the room was a bit small, but adequate. It has this blue cabinet to put our bags and also a mini-ref for the refreshments we brought with us. The bed was a queen sized, not king as published. Then again, since there were just 2 of us, it was big enough already. The TV was awesome that came with HD channels. And of course, the best of all, the breathtaking view of Taal that's right outside our room! The veranda has a table and 2 chairs for one to just relax and enjoy the majestic view. We had our breakfast brought to our room right on the requested time the following day on the veranda. So romantic. The only downside was that the breakfast was cold when they served it.

Overall the room is exactly what you see on the pictures posted by the company or travelers. So nothing was disappointing about how it looked. Functionality though the first layer of the curtain couldn't be pulled through all the way to the end, the toilet's water was a bit weak and the shower's warm water should be turned to the right instead of the left! They should put up a sign so that people will know. The one on the sink is turned to the left for warm. Who would have though it was the opposite for the shower.

We will definitely go back to this place because of it's location, nice room and serenity you feel when you are here. Can't wait for the next trip! High recommended. :)

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good since they all have a great view of Taal. :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sansy76
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

The wife and I stayed here overnight--we had to attend a wedding and reception in town and wanted an alternative to the hotels and other B&B's we've stayed at before. We stayed in one of the rooms with the mini-garden access (green room) with a nice king-size bed.

The quick run-down:

- The room was a refreshing take compared to the other B&B's and hotels in the area in terms of decoration, amenities and overall feel. Not as pretentious as other B&B's and reminded me a bit of the rooms we stayed in the old houses cum hostels in Venice and Firenze that we stayed in years ago in Europe--spacious and private.

- Our room had a nice view of the lake inside and out--there were chairs and tables for lounging around and just admiring the sunset (or sunrise, like I chose) over Taal lake.

- Room was comfortable through the night with minimal noise and temps consistent.

- Service was quick and efficient--we had foolishly locked ourselves out of our room while eating breakfast in the mini-garden. A quick call to the front desk (using my mobile) and rescue came down (more on this later) in 5 minutes.

A few things to note:
- Wi-fi is only available in the upper rooms--not a problem for us since I used my own phone's connections.

- As others have noted, the mini-garden rooms are a ways down and may not be feasible for the physically limited--but the view from the rooms are worth it.

- Lastly, there is a lack of power outlets in the room. Thankfully I always bring my own travel extensions and freed up a plug from behind the TV to use for my chargers, etc.

Room Tip: I believe that most rooms have a view--it's really a choice between a wooden balcony or a mini-g...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

By far this is the best hotel or bed and breakfast that I've been to. The room is perfect, very romantic and the knick knacks inside the room are so adorable. It felt so refreshing waking up with a good view of Taal Lake and having breakfast on the veranda. Will definitely come back and recommend this to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013