“Best of Tagaytay! Best for couples..”

Joaquin's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 99 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best of Tagaytay! Best for couples..”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

What I loved most of Joaquin's is the country/beach/garden theme design of the furniture and exterior sorrounding. So unique and real creative. You will love the birds tweeting at the outdoor dining area. Plus the great view of Taal Lake. The rooms are perfect and the scented candle! It is so romantic. Very good for couples.

I would like to thank the owner for upgrading our rooms for free. And to kuya Ed for attending to all our requests and needs.

If I come to tagaytay, ill stay again at Joaquin's.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Jullyn21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Pasay City, Pasay, Philippines
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Can't say anything bad about this place. Their complimentary drinks were good. The staff is always there and helpful. The view is great. Really clean and cozy place to stay at.

The only thing that didn't really go well was the lock on the bathroom door which had a problem, but other than that everything was great.

Room Tip: Wifi is only on their coffee place. 2nd room upper veranda had a problem with the bathroom door lock...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kingsword11
Robina, Australia
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Very good, home-feel, rustic rooms. Very good, filling breakfast.
I chose this hotel mainly because all the rooms have a view of Taal lake. If particular about views, get a room with garden. Got a bit disappointed with the shrubs that obstructed the view from our garden, though. Stayed at L2. They should keep them trimmed. I almost crossed our adjacent room's garden to get a better shot of the majestic sunrise with a sea of clouds (almost like that in Mt Pulag). That was the highlight for me.

I was woken up at 2am by noisy guests from the upper rooms, I suppose. But this, I think, was coincidental. Might not happen every night. I nearly rang security to get their attention to quiet them down. Not the hotel's fault. Some guests just need to be more considerate.

If staying there on a weekend, parking gets more cramped. I don't think that's the case during weekdays.

All-in-all, had a good stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank fluttershy113
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Joaquin's has the best view of Taal. Waking up at 5am, pulling the curtains, and there is Taal lake with the best view of the sun rising from the east. Simply magnificent. We booked the Deluxe garden room for 2 nights, and I'm glad we decided on that instead of the veranda. We stayed with our 8yr old son who also loved the garden. I know some people complain about bugs, but hey, this IS Tagaytay and if there's a garden expect bugs. The bed was probably more comfortable than the bed of a 5-star hotel we recently stayed in. The whole place has a rustic country theme so this is not for the zen minimalist fanatics. The room has basic amenities which was expected for a B&B. It could improve on the lighting though. The bathroom smelled a bit moldy probably because of the wood on the sink but it disappears once you let the air in. Again, nothing to ruin the whole stay. Breakfast was simple but a big serving. The menu at the restaurant was simple but so far we were not disappointed. It pays to manage your expectations given the kind of accommodation you are getting. This is a B&B and the idea is basic comfort. But nevertheless, it was a great experience. Another important thing, the staff were friendly and very accommodating. I give them 2 thumbs up. We would definitely go back and stay at Joaquin's.

Room Tip: If you don't mind going up and down 2 flights of stairs, get the deluxe garden room. If you'...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Luciouslu
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I just came from our anniversary overnight getaway at Joaquin's. We stayed at the farthest room at upper level. I liked the country/shabby chic room style. I also liked the relaxing and peaceful atmosphere there. Plus the complimentary plated breakfast was delicious.

On the (slightly) negative side, our room did not have full-sized bath towels. Despite that,I did not request for those anymore because we brought our own. Besides, we stayed there for only one night.

The loud sound cause by the wind against the glass door in the veranda was also kind of creepy. Took me a while to sleep through that.

But overall, I enjoyed our anniversary get away there.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Giljing
Malolos, Bulacan, Philippines
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed overinght in the "pink" room (L3). Friendly staff. Nice decor. Great ambiance. I was with my wife and son.Its near most of the restos along the main road. My wife and son had pasta at their diner, said the food was okay. The breakfast was also okay. We had it sent down and ate it at the garden ouside our room. It was our first time in Tagaytay so can't really compare it with other B&Bs but overall it was good and we may stay again. Beds are firm and comfortable. The view was great.

Not sure if they wanted to keep it "rustic" but there is no wifi in the rooms but I think there is at the diner. Also in our bathroom the water heater didn't always work, Had to call the front desk and the staff would come and "reset" the heater that was under the sink. But the guy came almost immediately after we called and apologized and explained the problem.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Francis A
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed January 2, 2013

spent new year's eve with the whole family. stayed at purple room with garden. Country look, sooo cozy ambience,romantic view,affordable,friendly staff,overall all we all fell in love with the place & will definitely come back
hope they will provide wifi in all rooms

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family