“Loved the food!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Manila
“Loved the food!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My friends and I were there last long weekend and were looking for a good restaurant in Tagaytay, thanks to google, we found this restaurant.

They're located 700 meters from the rotonda, across a Church (forgot the name of the church).

I've been craving for Moussaka for the past months good thing it was on their menu. Their Grilled Souvlaki is a MUST TRY. We also ordered hummus and pita bread (best pita bread I tasted). Their Macaronia is also good and its already good for two.

Got to talk to the owner before we left and they'll be opening a branch in Mall of Asia this year. Awesome.

If you're planning to take a road trip to Tagaytay, I definitely recommend this restaurant.

Opa!

• Visited August 2012

Manila, NCR
“Sad but true state of affairs”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Today was our 3rd time at Hellenic Manos. Admittedly, customer service has always been poor but we return for their food. But today's customer "disservice" was of epic proportions. We arrived at the restaurant with all speakers blaring, it hurt our ears so we had to ask the personnel to turn it down a notch. We asked if the restaurant was open, the guy said yes. We asked for the menu, then the guy attending to us started turning coy and asked us to go to their other restaurant about 400 meters away instead. We asked why. He reasons out that he doesnt have a waitress to help him out. Wow. We couldnt believe what we just heard. It was irrational in every level. Needless to say, we didn't even bother going to their other restaurant. We'd be idiots of epic proportion to do that.

1 Thank Spot_Under_The_Sun
“Best tagaytay experience”
Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

Last March 2012, i had a late lunch with the family here in Manos. Food selection was not much but it was just enough to make us want more, we almost ordered all their specialty dishes, their food is authentic Greek. The whole family loved it! After that dining experience, I immediately booked for an overnight stay..Yes, they have rooms too!!!  I Just got home now from my tagaytay trip with my husband. Its a five day long vacation and we figured, this is the best time to recharge and relax and i'm glad we chose the right place. We've stayed at several boutique hotels in tagaytay before but our Manos experience is definitely on the top of our list. Yes some others has better breakfast, has 5 star amenities, has 5 star customer service but mostly are extremely expensive, not that spacious, crowded and too modern. If you love nature, if you want a place that is not commercialized and if you want a place where you feel like youre just home in a "greeky" way, this is the place for you. The rooms has good interior and is unbelievably cheap - 3,500 a night on a weekend or holiday (3,000 on weekdays) PLUS there's this whole big spacey garden (with a swing!!!!) overlooking taal right in your doorstep. Manos only has 3 rooms which means it is not crowded, you can enjoy Tagaytay at its finest right here. Lastly, about the food, they make everything right in their kitchen, its all homemade - bread, feta cheese, youghart etc. 100% organic and preservatives-free. This is also why prices in the menu are kinda expensive not to mention the big servicings per order! We also had a chance to chat with the Greek owner Mr. Manos and his wife, Ate S. Very nice couple. We will definitely go back very soon. Thank you for the great experience, we almost didn't wanna go home..

qc
“I swear, it's delicious!”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I learned about this restaurant through the net.... so, we gave it a try!

the taverna was a small establishment painted in a typical greek color (white and blue)
it was just funny to see a greek-looking establishment in a tropical philippine setting. They should have made a greek-landscape on the surrounding for better ambiance.

as we entered, the restaurant, the interior seems rustic and very greek! with greek music as well! I like it!

we were immediately attended by their waitress. We ordered bread and dip (i forgot the name) for appetizer. We also ordered mousaka, macaronia, and burger (i'm not sure if the burger is greek). the serving size was BIG! and the taste was really really GREAT! very tasty! comparable to CYMA ( a greek resto in Manila). i really dont care if the food was really greek. (i guess it is! since the owner is greek) For me, what's important was the satisfaction!
i just have one suggestion... i hope they lower their price a little bit....

we will surely come back to this place!

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank hotelcritic88
Paris, France
“The food was alright; service was too slow”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Some of the dishes were good but the portions were too small and the price was a bit high for the portions served. The service was much to slow. It took them 40 minutes; good thing I was chatting with my friends

• Visited March 2011