We had such a terrible stay it became comical! Here are some of the problems:
- Steep driveway and stairs to hotel (impossible to drive down, although there are a few parking spots at the top).
- Instead of having 'huge windows' (as the room was described) with a view of the lake it had small windows completely covered by curtains. There was no view on entering the room.
- Room was not very clean. In particular the bed was made so the blanket was below the top sheet. The sheets were not clean and there were some stains.
- Poor service. I emailed ahead about whether there was a hairdryer in the room. I was told there wasn't, but one could be provided. On check in at about 3pm I asked for the hairdryer (and soap, as there was none in the bathroom). I was told they would bring the hairdryer but it never appeared. At about 9pm I asked again as I wanted the hairdryer for the morning. I was told that it was in the manager's room and he was asleep. I asked that it be left outside my door first thing in the morning. When I looked outside my door in the morning there was no hairdryer. I went up to reception with wet hair and asked for it again. They said 'maybe later'! We ate breakfast in our room as the rooftop area was freezing cold. While we were eating they told us they would now go and get the hairdryer! As we were just about to leave the hotel, I told them it was too late and had to let my hair dry in the car!! Terrible service. They should have just said there was no hairdryer and I would have brought my own.
- Few room facilities - no refrigerator or tea and coffee making facilities.
- TV would not turn off.
The positive things:
- The security guard at the entrance was very friendly and helped us park the car
Give it a miss - you can find better.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Royal Taal Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Taal Hotel Tagaytay