Royal Taal Inn
Agoda.com
Hotel Kimberly(Tagaytay)
$87
Travelocity
View Park Hotel(Tagaytay)(Great Value!)
$44
$35
Priceline
TripAdvisor
Daj Suites(Tagaytay)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I was not sure about what to expect of this hotel - the TA reviews went both ways, their website gave limited information. And we did want to stay at a nice place in Tagaytay. I am glad I chose Royal Taal inn. I rarely give 5 stars to a place - but they score high - especially because of the ambience, size of rooms, greenery and fantastic customer service.

I booked by sending them an email, and then doign a BDO transfer. Room rate for superior room was 3000 pesos including breakfast (juice, toast, butter, jam, fried eggs, coffee) plus they served us evening tea / coffee whenever we needed it.

For full details of my Tagaytay trip and Taal trek, you can read my blog - http://taaltagaytay.blogspot.com/

Reaching here is easy - if coming by car, take a left turn at the Olivarez plaza rotunda and go about 5 kilometres. Royal Taal inn is just opposite the T-unction of "Crosswinds". and is easy to spot since there are very few hotels in this part of Tagaytay. The entrance has a few red-blue-yellow flags, a big gate and a big blue board. We just texted the hotel once to get clearer instructions. Remind your trike driver that you have bookings, else they always want to take you to a resort of their choice.

If coming by bus, disembark at Olivarez square tagaytay stop, munch something at KFC and take a trike - tell him you have a booking at Royal Taal inn - opposite "Laverna house of prayer"

There are 3 two-storeyed buildings on a sharp slope, so views of the valley with all it's greenery are spectacular. Our room and balcony overlooked taal lake and we spent quiet a bit of our time just sitting there enjoying the peace. (btw, the view of the lake is not so great - from anywhere in Tagaytay, so this should not be a criteria for you to chose a hotel. Look more for greenery and peaceful surroundings). So you really are living in a bungalow / cottage.

Excellent privacy, clean rooms, large bed, big clean CR, shower has excellent pressure of hot and cold water (among the hottest waters I have encountered in the Phils - I love it!). There were large cupboards to keep our items, a dressing table with drawers, a writing table, some table lamps (unfortunately they did not work - else it would have been prefect), bright ceiling lights, a powerful aircon (we switched it off after a while, and enjoyed the valley breeze through the 2 big windows).

The owners have also kept a lot of potted plants all around which gives the place a very homely feel, and park benches which we lounged upon. I was walking around barefoot and the care taker immediately looked at my feet, and said "wait sir, I will bring you slippers" and she produced a pair of rubber flip flops for me! I have never seen such good customer service.

The walls were freshly painted in bright colours like pale green, adorned with paintings, and there is a settee just outside our room.

TV - they have cable tv, but only abut 15 -20 channels.... they had the usual Filipino channels like GMA, two sorts channels, cnn, bo, but not bbc or discovery or nat geo. But for 200 pesos you can rent their dvd player and dvds from the reception. we did not need it though, since we had just come to relax, tour around, trek the Taal volcano (reviewed elsewhere) and chill.

I think they have a total of just about 10 rooms (small establishment), most seem to have balconies. Breakfast is served (at your convenience - either in room or on the terrace where you are surrounded by forests and can see both - the lake and peoples park in the sky directly).

For meals, the management has smartly kept home deliver menus of kfc, chowking, jollybee, maxs etc in the room next to the telephone. so it is convenient.

The location was perfect for me - away fromt eh crowded hotels that exist between picnic grove and taal vista (the road is free of traffic). Peoples park is 20 minutes by jeep / trike; picnic grove is 10 mins away and the rotunda is 20 mins away.

The resort arranged the taal volcano trip for us - all inclusive it costed 4500 pesos from the inn to rockfort resort - + bangka + horses + guides + return drop.

So all in all, this is an excellent palce to stay - especially for couples and families that like peace and quiet.

Room Tip: The superior room has good views of the taal lake
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
13  Thank New_YLOO
Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is not the place to stay in if you are all about the beauty of the room or facilities - this is not a fancy hotel. There are only about 4 rooms. Granted it could have been cleaner (dust in the lampshade, mould in the ceiling in the bathroom) but overall we were happy. We were in room #1 and it had an amazing view of the volcano. I booked online and it went smoothly and our room was ready when we arrived (we requested early checkin and got it). Yes, there is a steep incline to walk down (so not a good choice for seniors or those with disabilities) but our bags were carried for us both ways. The staff were responsive and good. They arranged for our tour to Taal Volcano and it was handled smoothly. For the price you pay, it was definitely good value for money.

Room Tip: Room 1 had the best view
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Deb C
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Nice views overlooking the Taal Lake & Volcano. Staff were freindly and helpful. Price was fair, better than other hotels with similar views. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Have breaksfast on the rook terrace overling the volcano
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Tim L
Reviewed February 22, 2012

The first night in Tagaytay we stayed at one of those BRAND name hotels and it cost us a US$125. We had a lousy room, bad food and way overpriced with lousy service to boot. So much for brand named hotels!

Then we read about the Royal Taal Inn reviews and almost didn't stay there. We’re glad we didn't listen to those reviews. We stayed at the Royal Taal Inn and really enjoyed ourselves.

The RTI office staff was most helpful and friendly. The rooms overlooked the volcano and we had our own private balcony to enjoy the volcano and lake view. The rooms were clean and neat and it was priced very good.

We're heading back to the Royal Taal Inn our next visit to The Philippines. You should too.

Room Tip: Good price. Ask for the end units, better views at a small extra cost.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Terry P
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I did alot of reading and research when i chose this hotel. Having never been to tagaytay i was hoping to have an incredible experience with my fiance. We had just the opposite. At this point I would put down all of the positive things about the hotel....but seriously other than the view(which you can have at any other tagaytay hotel) there is no positive. It all starts when u arrive. You have to park at the top of the steepest hill I have ever seen and carry your luggage all the way down to your room on very narrow steps. OMG!!!! very dangerous. Then you get to your room and it is so pitiful. I am a big guy and the bed was a thin mattress on a very old bedframe. I tossed and turned all night for 2 nights. The comfort level did not exist in the room. The bathroom was old and dirty the room was the same. The breakfast the next morning was only toast and an egg.....the price being 3300 pesos was twice what it should have been. Like I said, there were many nice hotels in the area with similar views....but far better service and accomodations. The service here was not good either......dragging your bags up that hilll was awful. If you stay here it is your choice......but you have been warned

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple