The Theodore Hotel
$61
$50
$42
  • Breakfast included
View Park Hotel(Tagaytay)(Great Value!)
$44
$38
Nurture Wellness Village(Tagaytay)
$88
$75
Hotel Dominique(Tagaytay)
$60
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmodern filipinoayala mallcherry blossomsboutique hotelwhimsical roomtaal lakegarden overlookingsuperior roompoor lightingplated breakfastview decksized beddining arearelaxing staybig servingsgreat viewvalentine's day
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My special someone and I stayed here 2 times already. This is the place where our love for each other started. We met as complete strangers but somehow this place made us feel that we have known each other for a long time already. The place is very tranquil. I love the designs inside and outside our room. The garden is a great place to hang out while overlooking the amazing view.The food was served generously. One plate is good for two people. The hotel has a good location and not difficult to access. Also, the staff are polite and courteous and always smiling. Definitely one of the best boutique hotel we have been! When we talk of planning to get settled, this hotel is definitely one of the options!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I got a great deal online for a Superior room which costs only Php3,500 with free welcome drinks & set breakfast for 2 on a weekday. If you plan to go on a weekend an additional Php2,000 will be charged. Went on a monday because we suddenly have free time. They said the only rooms available were the Moorish & the Modern Filipino room & since this was our first time in this hotel I asked the reservations officer to surprise us with a good room. Check-in was a breeze & they didn't ask for any deposit. They gave us the Modern Filipino room. I was not wow-ed with it when I came in. I think the room needs a little bit more lighting. There's a bare space on the right side of the room. The bathroom was ok but you can notice that some things need to be replaced like the bidet & the rubber on the shower door is already peeling. Sometimes it's the small things that matter. The toiletry bottles looked cheap & it didn't smell good. They gave us chocolate banana shakes as welcome drinks. It was yummy! After taking pictures of the room we decided to explore the hotel. It was small but homey. The staff were great! Breakfast was also good. They have a covered parking area.

Our room had no view at all. There were 2 windows facing the wall & because this hotel was just beside the main road we can hear all the cars & trucks running up & down the street. The corridor of the hotel is well lit & it was nice but when we turned off all our lights it was still bright because of the light from the corridor.

I may go back again to try another room but I won't pay full price for it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights last May 2013. This hotel is recommended for the privacy and serenity it offers. I love that they don't have their own restaurant because you have the place all for yourself. The interior is very slick. A good customer service too is a plus.

Staying here won't be cheap though. We got the modern Filipino room for Php 7k. Very pricey I'd say. And no window view of the lake. I hope they add coffee or side table in the rooms too. It's expensive but worth the try.

Choose a room far from the streets. There's an on going renovation when I was there. Some hammering and drilling in the daylight. So better consider that too.

Here's a list of the many good things I enjoyed at Theodore:

Pros:
-clean room with mini bar and day bed
-well designed interior
-good view of the lake at their patio
-delicious breakfast plate complete with fresh juice, coffee, and fruits
-peaceful generally
-cookies delivered every night
-free coffee and biscuits at the lobby
-spacious parking

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank She S
Reviewed March 29, 2013

It was my second time to stay in Theodore and I'm pretty sure it won't be the last. This charming boutique hotel which only has 10 rooms, makes me feel so at home. The staff are very helpful and nice. The lobby decor is minimalist and is tastefully kitschy (if there is ever such a thing) in some parts. Guests are welcomed with refreshing iced tea while brewed coffee and cookies are available all the time free of charge. There is also a complimentary 30-minute facial or massage and very delicious generous servings of breakfast. There are lots of choices that it was really difficult to choose from among them. Meals come with fresh fruits, fruit juice, and either coffee, hot chocolate or tea. Outside the breakfast area is the small garden which has a day bed, a swing, and a covered area to lounge around. Btw, Theodore has already closed its restaurant (it's a pity coz they serve great food) so guests have to go out or bring food to the hotel if they are hungry. There's also the Pamana Restaurant next door for a bit of fine dining.

The rooms are what I love most as they have different themes. My first room there was The Farm which is bathed in soft colors of pastel green, white, and light brown. It has two queen-sized beds ideal for a family of four. My next room was The Whimsical Garden which has a king-sized bed and a mini day bed. There is a connecting door between the two rooms which are located on the second floor. I also got to see The Moorish which also has a king-sized bed and is more on the masculine side. But what I like most is The Cherry Blossom with its predominantly red color. It is very spacious that it can accommodate not just two queen-sized beds but a long L-shaped sofa. It also has separate toilet and bath. Unfortunately, none of the said rooms has a view of Taal Lake. Well, for that, one has to go to the third floor viewing deck which also houses the glass-enclosed function room (what better way to conduct a meeting while having a view of Taal).

Theodore is a bit pricey at around P5,800 per room for two persons but it has a good location (just along the highway and a short drive away from the major establishments and parks), nice rooms, accommodating staff, delicious food...so I guess it's worth every centavo spent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The staff at The Theodore made our stay an xperience that we will always remember. The location was ideal for getting out to explore the city. The staff at THE THEODORE saw that our stay was fulfilling and enjoyable. They ensured that as non philippinos that we were not overcharged for any of the events that we enjoyed. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the tagaytay area.

Room Tip: All rooms come with balconies. Great view of the valley!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple