“Never again”

Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Paranaque, Philippines
“Never again”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We went to this hotel to attend a wedding in Royal Estate, Tagaytay.

Our Hotel was a JUNIOR Suite, 1 BIG room for all of us, FAMILY.

Pros
- Quiet surroundings
- Good breakfast
- VERY large HOTEL

Cons
- Dirty
- Old
- Not maintained
- Cockroach (it's all over the place)
- A bit creepy in the hall way. (I think we're the only FAMILY who stayed in 3rd floor (LOL)
- scary on the elevator
- The cook cooked very well but only serve ONE breakfast. (in our case, SPAM)
- The girl desk officer is NOT friendly.
- TV's working but not doesn't have a good reception of the cable. (and it's old)

Room Tip: Read the reviews before you booked your hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank Jarenkeezz

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tanauan City, Philippines
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My family and I traveled to the Philippines for a relaxing vacation in a quality, clean, and renovated hotel. That did not happen. As we traveled to the hotel, it was very hard to find, it being isolated from all the other lines of hotelas and resorts near it. We found it quite remote. When we entered, we immediately smelled the scent of mold. Our floor was on the second floor, so we could've just walked up the stairs. The stairs, however, were unavailable because they were still in construction, which was quite a hastle. We were forced to use a single elevator for a one story travel because the second was still under maintenace. The sensors for the elevator doors were very off, for one of my fanily memebers got closed on by them and it seemed very painful. We took caution whenever using them, which should never be done. We entered the hallway to our room and not only smelled the mold, but saw it many times on the ceilling. The rooms too, smelled and was not yet complete in maintenance. The telephone did not work, the bed sheets and towels seemed dirty, the ac was very loud, and the tv had poor quality. It was not the relaxing vacation we wanted. The pool also seemed dirty, so we did not swim in it. The breakfast was okay, but there seemed to be a mosquito problem. We were bit many times while eating, which was very unpleasant. Overall, it was a very poor vacation, and we did not enjoy it. It was definatley not a "five-star quality" time that they advertise it would be. It was not worth the money

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank malang2013

Travelers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The Philippine Science High School System used this as a venue for the K-12 Curriculum Writeshop for Grades 9 and 10 last Nov 18-22, 2013.

Honestly, I don't know how much DOST paid thus I have no basis of comparison. Though I'm guessing it's a 3-star hotel since it has the basic amenities with its own share of problems.

What's very important to me is food. I'm not sure what package the school paid for but the meals were a little short to be considered breakfast, lunch or dinner.

The rooms are clean with the towels and toiletries replenished everyday. They serve both hot and cold water in the comfort room.

The biggest issue was the sound system in the Conference Hall. The wires are loose causing a lot of intermittent connections between the microphone and the sound system. Feedback happens very often. A technician comes in but takes forever to finish. The disturbances accumulated to a point that it was difficult to focus to the guest speakers. They should replace their equipment as well as that technician.

The air conditioner roared a lot. I thought it was only noisy for the first few minutes to warm up but turning the knob didn't help. Good thing Tagaytay is cool and we could sleep with the ambient temperature.

A colleague of mine pointed out that the sheets, where the utensils, glasses and plates reside, have not been replaced since the first day we arrived. And since the glasses were placed upside down, who knows what dirt already attached themselves to the newly cleaned glasses.

Overall, the experience was ok. Could've been better. Though I'm not paying so I couldn't really complain.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Xeratol
Marikina
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I purchased a voucher last December for a 2-day/1-night accommodation to be used in this hotel From April to August 2013.

The Hotel is no longer part of Tagaytay, but of a nearby town of Alfonso in Cavite. (The last town in Cavite en-route to Batangas). Although along the highway, access to the hotel is hard as you need to go through Buck Estate, then navigate through a quiet subdivision.

The rooms given to us is large but is quite dated. The room features include a built-in closet with cloth hangers, storage bin for your shoes and other compartments for your other stuff. There are plenty of storage spaces. However, there is no in-room safe.

The restroom is clean and you have access to hot and cold shower. Water pressure is acceptable. Also included in the rate is a toiletry set - two single use packs of soap and shampoo.

The room feature also include a counter with a sink, two tumblers, and an Ice bucket. There is a table and 2 chairs inside the room as well. The Balcony opens up to a majestic view of... another room's balcony and partial view of the hallway. The air conditioning unit is just appropriate for the room, though it takes quite a time for it to cool the entire room. The Cable TV's reception needs to be fixed. Yes, I know, you don't stay there to watch TV all day, but then again, it would be good to watch a good movie while dozing yourself to sleep.

Now, the bed. The sheets and linens are quite acceptable. The bed and pillows are not that hard nor soft - just right. Quality of sleep is ok (thinking that we are the only ones in that floor in that part of the hotel).

The breakfast choice is limited. One thing that I dislike about the breakfast is that you can only choose one drink - Either coffee or Juice and you do not have an option as they only serve one type of breakfast for everyone. If you would like to have a different meal. it will be billed on top of your standard expense.

Checkout, not as fast as other hotels. They need to check first if there is something missing from the room before they return your Php 1,000.00 deposit. Yes, there is a One Thousand Peso Safety Deposit upon checking in. It will be returned to you upon checking out.

Overall, I can say that this is an average hotel. For the price you paid for, you get your money's worth. Am I going to stay in this hotel again in the Future? Well, if I have a choice, I will look at hotels nearer to Tagaytay before finally choosing this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank nsyabut
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I purchased a 2d/1n accomodation thru a deals website in december for this hotel. First week of may, i called in to reserve. I specifically requested a lower floor, 2nd would be fine, but i was given a higher floor. We went there in may 8. We took the bus from mrt-taft avenue to nasugbo, the place was easy to find. The hotel looks new from the outside. They let us checked in 30 mins early, which i appreciated so much. I was only asked for a 1k deposit. a bellboy walked with us to the room. As soon as we get out of the elevator to the floor we will be staying, i smelled a stinky smell of pee. the hallway is too eerie. the walls are dirty.
but I got excited when i entered the room because it smelled so good and clean. It was huge, with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. There is only one tv which is in the living room no sofa but 4 single chairs. cable or even local channels are staticky, if i knew, i could have brought my rabbit ears from home.
It was the time when the batangas power plant went down for several hours, no ac. The staff did not even bother to call their guests and inform us of what was going on, which was an easy thing to do bec only few checked in on that day. So we went down to cool ourselves to the pool. There was this foriegner who arrived at the pool with his crying son. they did not take a shower before they dip in the jacuzzi, then his filipina wife arrived with another kid. It was too late for us to find out that the 2 kids are still in their diapers. I could have ignored it but the water from the jacuzzi is flowing inside the pool where we swim. I immediately complained to the front desk. It was not the hotel's fault if there are guests who cant read signs, but at least they could have done something to treat the water or not let anyone swim until its treated. Me and my kids love to swim that's why when i made my reservation i asked if the pool has water. The shower room beside the pool is dirty. no soap.
It was a disastrous vacation. we went to that hotel to relax but we did not. There were men who were painting the facade in our veranda and windows. if they are renovating or repainting the hotel they should give their guest a room where they will not be disturbed because that's the reason why we check in. Btw, breakfast wasn't good.

Room Tip: I can't give you any tip, but to stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Jeni1016
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 27, 2013

When I went there for 3d/2n they require deposit even for walk in clients...

(POSITIVE)
I'd give the hotel a 5/10 because:

>I "loooveee" the music at their lobby it's so relaxing (Bosa Nova)
>The room is big and has a bath tub upon request
>It's very quiet at night.
>kudos! on the breakfast.. Taste good and quite a serving for one person!

(NEGATIVE)

The Interior:
>lobby, path way looks old and so are the rooms and elevator

>The ceiling on the stairs near the pool and resto has holes so water drops when it rains
Note: "be careful on walking, you might slipped coz' there's no sign"

The location:
>Going there is a bit hustle if you don't have a car cause you have to walk all the way down, and quite a walk from the pat and fan, plus there's no light on the streets it's really dark
Note:"Bring your own flash light"

The pool:
>Lack of maintenance, the water is a bit dirty, and really made me dark in just a 20 mins. swim, I guess its because of the chemical/chlorine.

>No light at night, the only light is from the window of the rooms around it and from the resto.

>since there are less people eating on the resto, employees will we watching while you swim!!! =P

"DEPOSIT!!!! MUST READ!!!!"
>upon check in they required deposit aside from the room rate and told me it'll appear in a week and it's just on hold.

>I just found out after 2 weeks after that they have not yet credited the amount they have deducted on my Account.

>I have called the Hotel to advise them and what they told me is they'll text me the day after, and they have noted the complaint and send it to the accounting department.

*after 3 days of not receiving response i called again for an update, and they said the same thing*- 4x I've been told this!!!! so it's almost 2 weeks on pending that I decided to really called and stayed on line till I was able to get a clear response from them, and so they told me they have already reached the bank and the bank caused the delay not them, they'll advise me with an update!!!

*NOT AGAIN!!!*

>Since they said it's with the bank, I called the bank and raised my concern!!!

>the bank suggested me to file a complaint if the hotel won't cooperate and send proper file of cancellation to them after I have advised them to do so!!! but it would take like a month or two!!!

* because after I have advise the hotel management with regards to the deposit that has not yet been credited back to my account, and the hotel management told me it's been taken care of...

>according to the bank they have not yet received any call from the hotel, and that there is no note on my account or what so ever!!!

>>UNTIL NOW IT'S ON PROCESS<<

*What'da!!!*

* just hope the hotel would give me like a free accommodation or reward or something for this inconvenience* #duh#you#wish#

Room Tip: advise them if you won't a tub or else you won't get one!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Aizirk T
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I read the review of Titus below and my experience is almost a carbon copy and I cannot really add much more to be honest!

A very poor hotel with kids as the staff and gormless ones at that! They don't seem trained, motivated or interested. Food, well it's poor and the place has the aura of someplace that is going downhill faster than an express train with no breaks.

I will say my room was clean but there really is no hint of customer service or knowledge here and like so much of the country's sector, it's woefully overpriced and just plain poor in return.

Let me sum it up this way, down the road 1.5kms away, is Sonia's Garden and if you have to stay at this hotel, you will have to go down there to eat! I picked up a few things to put in the fridge in my room only to find that yes, there was a fridge there, but no socket to plug it into!!

For me, that is the Sunrise Hotel in a nutshell!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere! Food at Sonia's Garden is the nearest you will get to fresh/healthy....i.e. 1.5...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business