“Lovely Space in Boutique Hotel with Original Cuisine”
Review of Restaurant Verbena

Restaurant Verbena
Ranked #33 of 167 Restaurants in Tagaytay
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Manila, Philippines
“Lovely Space in Boutique Hotel with Original Cuisine”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

In my desperate search for an interesting restaurant in Tagaytay, a friend recommended Verbena and I really enjoyed my evening there. A small and charming/romantic space for tables overlooking the Lake (view was a bit of a stertch). The menu offered a great selection of interesting salads and pasta. The service and presentation of the food was excellent. I had a beautiful appetizer salad and the tomato tart, both were very good. Desserts were also beautiful/wide selection, pannacotta trio was fabulous. I will definitely go there again.

• Visited February 2013

philippines
“Must try!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The restaurant has a very nice view of the Taal Lake and Volcano. The weather at that time was cool and windy which makes the ambience even more romantic. The staff were all very attentive and courteous. Food was very good and price was reasonable. I ordered breakfast steak and it was very soft. Taste was just right. The potatoes that goes with it was chewy on the outside but soft inside, just how I wanted it.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank mcqe
manila
“Everything was fine... but BEV coasters please”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The service was excellent. The food was wonderful. These are all my impressions of this particular cafe found in Discovery.

Upon entering the small bed and breakfast, my girlfriend and I were escorted towards a table found near the window. The wait staff were trained and know their menu. Recommendations were made. We were happy with the food. Although the pasta that we had ordered was a bit spicy. The salad was fresh and our main were awesome. The dessert was fantastic.

There are only 2 negative things that i have noticed.
Since the table had some sort of tiles made on top of them, I believe it would be wise to put some coasters or even plain tissue underneath the drinks.

My girlfriend ordered a margarita and I had the dalandan shake. After a few minutes of being served such, we noticed that there was water leaking from the table. My girlfriend's lap got wet.

Another little nuisance that I found was that, the male's washroom was found outside the establishment. It was outside the building. It would be okay for it to be located outside the restaurant but it was outside the building. A sad experience that i encountered upon going out and towards the washroom was that there was an even flooring, where some (rain) water accumulated. Since I was only wearing shorts and slippers, well you get the drift. My feet got dirty.

A suggestion that I could give here would be to place more lighting there.

Anyway, everything was up to par. The wait staff were attentive. The food was excellent.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ManilaHopper
Luzon, Philippines
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We went to Cafe Verbena for lunch 2 weekends ago with my parents and family. The service was superb and it did match with the expensive price of their food. We were given free bread while waiting for our order while enjoying the view of Taal from afar. After our sumptous lunch the waiter even asked us if we were satisfied with our food and even offered coffee or dessert. We were given a banana cake before we left.

Overall, this place is recommended but you have to shell out around 1k for each person to be safe. But given the food and quality of service, it's worth the try. So I'd better start saving again =)

• Visited October 2012
“Good but I expected more”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great ambiance. The resto area also serves as the hotel lounge it seems, and has a log cabin feel that's perfect for Tagaytay. We were given a table on the balcony (?) overlooking the view. It was well screened-in so no insects, and all screen and glass, so nothing to obstruct the view.

The food was good but given the Tatler and Miele ratings, I expected better. It certainly contained premium, high quality ingredients. Daughter loved most of the food we ordered but I thought the risotto was too wet (the seafood that went with it was perfect) and the pan roasted seafood too dry. The bread was good. Chicken, pasta, and fondue were also good. Servings were big.

Service was good, but they missed some things. Given this is an upscale place and it was after the lunch hour rush, I expected much more. They took a long time to prepare our table but missed the napkins. They cleared the table without asking permission and while some people were still eating and while there was another empty table they should be clearing instead.

Overall, would want to dine here again.

• Visited November 2012