“Not just a bag of beans...”

Bag of Beans Cafe and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Tagaytay
Cuisines: European, Filipino
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Aside from the food, I think it's the cozy ambience of this restaurant that I like most.the food was superb,especially the ribs!the price was just right.you must go to this restaurant when you are in tagaytay..

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Went here with some friends and had a great time. Service is fast. The food is delicious. The view of Taal lake is amazing. Perfect setting for a morning breakfast.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I come all the way here to get my supply of beans for our espresso machine. Starbucks beans pales in comparison to the ones they have here, a lot cheaper too. Although it makes no sense considering the time and travel just for the beans. But if ever you're already in Tagaytay, don't pass up the chance to get good coffee. They also sell civet coffee, although I think it isn't all that great. But don't pass up a good experience.

Their lunch and dinner isn't all that great. The place is cozy if weather is good. They should do something about the pesky mosquitoes, even though it is part of their nature set up. They should do some defogging during their down times.

I still visit this place to have a slice of their blueberry cheesecake. The best blueberry cheesecake, worth the travel.

They have 2 branches by the way, the bigger branch is more accessible as they have lots of parking spaces. The smaller branch is also nice if you're looking for some quiet time and some fresh air.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went to Tagaytay around June and since this is on the way to Puzzle Mansion, I have included this place on one of our " To go " list. The coffee here is superb - the aroma makes you forget about your usual cup of Cafe Americano in Starbucks (besides it is refillable), the service amazing - the staff are very polite, well mannered and caters to our every needs. It is also a good place to chill since it has a very earthy - nature ambience to it, You and your friends can just sit down, take a bite of that minced meat pie, sip a cup of aromatic coffee and talk just about everything. I am hoping that they would have a branch here in Manila. I brought home a cup / mug as a souvenir. I will definitely keep coming back for more.

1  Thank Barbie Miles C
Reviewed August 20, 2013

i have heard a lot from this place. first time i tried their pancake and it was just okay. my second time, i tried their cinammon roll with a dip..you won't regret you went there. i also like blueberry cheesecake. so far my best cheesecake i have ever tasted! my third time, i'm with my family and try their breakfast buffet. i was overwhelmed by the foods. it was good but not the best.