“Worth Coming Back”

The Lake Hotel Tagaytay
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed September 1, 2014

I have been going to Tagaytay more frequently, but I never got to try this hotel until I saw that they were offering a discount to one of those voucher sites.

The reservation was fast and easy via email. Though, they forgot to confirm my reservation even after I sent the voucher already.

Checking in was fast and easy also. It looks like that they were already prepared with our documents and room assignments. They just had to check if the room was already available. But I think the P3k Key deposit is too much. The deposit was more expensive than our room. That was kinda weird.

The room was nice and well maintained. Everything was complete and provided for. The welcome drinks were delivered not more than 30 minutes. And we were able to settle down in that short span of time. Though the phoneline was dead and had to call assistance for it. But they were able to attend and fix it right away.

They have free wi-fi service but I had difficulty joining to it at first. It took me a few tries before I was finally able to connect to it. The wifi service was pretty fast even if you know that it is shared by all of the guests.

The buffet breakfast was great. It was complete from the salads to the entrees, to the breads, and desserts. They also offered food for kids with their cereals and choco dips for dessert. They even offered different type of juices for those health conscious guests.

The only concern that I had with this hotel is their swimming pool; it is inappropriately situated. It is adjacent to the reception/lobby. So all guests who come through the lobby will see you taking a dip in their pool. It was such a waste knowing that it had an infinity pool concept. I would have loved to take a dip but not to the extent where everybody can see me.

Room Tip: Request for a room on the right wing of the hotel to have a good view of the Taal Lake
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 30, 2014

I spent a total of two nights (two different occasions) in this hotel. First time there we stayed in a room on the 3rd floor with a view. Second time I was given a standard room which is located in the first level. This room also had a view of the Taal lake as well. It is good thing to note that I made a reservation the day itself around 1230 pm for a late check-in around 430 pm. They gave me two choices a lakeside view and a standard room, I chose to block the Lakeside view but when I got there they already gave it away. Okay, the rooms are really clean, the bathroom are as well. No wall to wall carpets, but the tiles are good. The beds are comfy. What I really like about this hotel is you could hang out in the lobby with a view of the lake and the stars while a pianist plays all evening. It could be a good spot for a romantic date if you plan it good. Lastly the breakfast buffet was nothing good but also nothing to complain about for me. I'd be coming here again for another date that I want to take to the next level.

Room Tip: I'd go with a room with a view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

We opted to go check in at this hotel because it seemed like it was more relaxing and less crowded than Taal Vista. The staff I inquired abt the reservation was really nice too. I booked I reservation over a month ago. When I confirmed our reservation I was surprised that she upgraded our room reservation. We were given a suite, we originally booked a deluxe room. Our room had a breathtaking view of the taal. Staff was attentive and courteous. Breakfast was a big dissapointment though. I would not complain if they didnt charge my kids P700 each. This price is way too much for the food they placed on their buffet table. There is nothing spectacular about their breakfast. Its too ordinary, even our mediocre house help can prepare those. The cook doesnt even know how to prepare scrambled eggs. You dont just scramble an egg and fry it! There is suppose to be milk cream, and butter. It has to be cooked slowly at medium heat to be nice and fluffy. Crown Regency Boracay's breakfast is 450 which serves croissant's, baguette's, turnover's, pie's, freshly squeezes juice, etc. Shangri la's Heat offers a sumptuous breakfast at p800. Its either they improve their breakfast menu or reduce their ovepriced breakfast buffet. This hotel's view, accomodation, staff, and ameneties are great. However, breakfast isn't. As they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And it should always be practiced that we should start the day right. Waking up to this type of breakfast isnt something to look forward to. Wonderful stayed but dissapointed with overpriced mediocre breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank HarrietStyles
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Our home in Tagaytay, Lake Hotel has never disappointed us. Front Office Manager Gen Castillo and Camae Garcia, together with the rest of the front desk staff, housekeeping, room service, fitness club attendants, have always been so hospitable, amiable, ever ready to go out of their way to make us enjoy our stay. Thank you so much. As always, the hotel suite is comfy, clean, a/con is perfectly cool, bath tub great. Piano music at night is just so romantic and soothing. Quick room service to provide us with water bottles is just one of those thoughtful gestures. We look forward to delicious buffet breakfast, with several detoxifying juices. Absolutely worth the drive from Manila to rest here for a night in Tagaytay!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lilet819
Reviewed August 11, 2014

The hotel landscape is quite good overlooking the taal volacano and also the room..
It was clean...The breakfast buffet is not really good with limited choices of food. However, My sister-in-law and mother-in-law enjoyed staying here for atleast one night..
Whats good in here is the hotel location is great, close to restaurants e.g. leslies restaurant..3-5 minutes walking..and also close to convenient stores. Very accessible in terms of transportation like buses and jeepneys..:-)

Room Tip: Rooms with terrace overlooking taal volcano and is very good..very relaxing..
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank garcia1007
Reviewed August 6, 2014

bought a voucher for 3999 Php.
we got a lake view hotel room, buffet breakfast, 1 hour use of a family KTV room, and use of their recreation room (fuzball, table tennis, billiards, treadmill, and weight training eqpt).

room was very nice. 1 queen size bed and one single bed. terrace overlooking the lake.
im not that much of a foodie. but the breakfast buffet was good enough for me.

the major winner for this hotel are its staff. reception girls are very pretty and are very accomodating. it was our anniversary, and i purchased a separate romantic package. they set up flower petals according to what i told them to do so. wife was very surprised and very happy.

thumbs up for this hotel

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mamangbulag
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Thanks to Margaret Curay for the discounts and coordination. She's been very helpful and responsive during my wedding booking. Great view of Taal Volcano. However, toilet, food, wifi connection and room cabinet can be improved.

Great job to the rest of the front office staff as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family