“Perfect For Us”

Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Metro Manila, Philippines
“Perfect For Us”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We love Tagaytay and we finally found this gem! The location is perfect as it is near the centre and everywhere. The view is just amazing and the service is superb! The breakfast is fair enough for the price, too. There is a 4 star hotel feel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

In terms of location that is even if the overall hotel is quite small with less than 60 rooms I guess. Stayed there overnight with the wife for out 10th year anniversary mid January and what can I say, the weather was perfect and cool.

Check-in was quite a hassle for the reservation was for a room with a view and somehow they changed it to one with a view of a walled terrace on the lower floor. The staff was good but the front desk paid more attention to walk-in guests more which made me furious. We called ahead and they said the room was available but upon getting there, it was two minutes and the room would be ready. Next checking had the room being ready in 15 minutes for the room was being cleaned and prepped. The hotel goes down onto the mountain side following the contour of the extinct volcano crater it sits on which makes sense for why build up in a sleeping seismic hotspot. On their terrace you get a great unimpeded view of Taal Volcano and the lake below making picture taking with it a breeze. In the room though, for we were situated in a lower room the cool breeze doesn't quite get in so the good ole' AC does the job. But don't get me wrong, the temperature is nice and comfortable except for the maintenance requiring AC unit that stank when we first got into the room.

They had pool facilities but with the low temps, it was out of the question. One was near the check-in counter which placed you in plain view of guests walking by and then one was by the parking lot with glass walls all around with the gym facilities on top(also in plain view of everybody).

Our reservation included a complementary breakfast buffet was nice being handled by one of the best coffee and dining places in Tagaytay, Bag of Beans.

Overall, the stay was nice but not perfect for I would have expected a faster check-in with the reservation we had that was booked online. There was also the stinky ac unit that would have been better with a little periodic maintenance and cleaning.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a view that overlooks the lake and volcano.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ernesto A
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

We didn't notice this hotel from our previous visits to tagaytay during weekends..
We heard about steaktown,had lunch there, then we saw this one. The bellman approached us and gave us their rates, he escorted us to the front desk to check the availability..we asked for the superior room, but the bellman showed us their junior suite at first. From that moment, me and my partner got awed and decided to the junior suite instead. He mentioned that it was one of the best rooms with the good view of the lake.. with jacuzzi!
We registered at the frontdesk and had us escorted back to the room. They were very accommodating, from the reception, bell service, and even the waiter who brought us welcome drinks! They even had this special treat in the afternoon.. We had dinner at their Lake Cafe...they had this pianist who played very well and made our dinner extra special..compared to lobby music played in other hotels :-)
The breakfast was very good!! had my glass refilled with their "healthy concoctions".. ..the variety was enticing.
we had a fast check out the nextday, and lady in the front desk even gave us their membership card to get discounts for our next stay.. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank renee_suarez
San Pablo City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I tried this cool hotel with my family last weekend. We didn't have any reservation that time but the receptionist gladly assisted us. We had the Superior room with Lake view. The room is really clean and with a cozy feeling. The room consists of 2 large beds, Flat Screen TV where we plugged our xbox and they also offer complete toilet amenities. The hotel's location is very accessible. It is very near to good restaurants, starbucks, convenient stores and the new Tagaytay destination, Skyranch. The hotel also offers a free one hour use of their billiards and gym facilities and their new KTV lounges. We haven't tried the lounge but we are planning to do it during our next visit. The staff were also great. They were really friendly specially the guys behind the desk. The hotel offers sumptuous buffet breakfast with a wide variety and healthy drinks. The only negative thing happened during our stay is it was bitin! Over all our stay really went well. And it is worth a try. We will definitely go back to this place.

Stayed January 2014
manila
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

We booked 2 rooms last Dec. 30-31, 2013. In one room, the toilet wasn't working. Although someone came to fix it, it still didn't work. Also, there were lots of mosquitoes in the room.

On the plus side, the room was big enough and the shower was great. Also served a great bfast buffet and the pianist was great!! Staff were good enough, although when I asked the cafe for a bucket of ice, they gave me a glass of ice!!

Overall, wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: don't get the one with a pocket garden cause it has mosquitoes
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank tinapang_bangus2000

Travelers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I checked in here last Septemer 2013. We were both amussed with the beauty of their facility especially at night. I also enjoyed the view during daylight where you can see taal lake. The only con was the irritating humming sound when we were sleeping. Its like soemone is crying inside the cr. At first we assumed that the sound where coming from the opened tv on the room beside ours, so it was ok we just ignored it. 1am comes, the sounds got louder, it was more obvious than the first hour we heard it. We were both creeped out by the idea that the reason that they offered that room on a discounted price is that they know the creepy ambiance of the room. Take note, that room is the only one with discount. I dont know the exact price of it but was pretty sure its more cheaper that the other rooms. Back to the story, we tried to put ourselves into sleep bcoz were too exhausted. But around 2am, my partner woke me up bcoz i had nightmare. I was really scared when i woke up bcoz my dream was about the hotel (i dont what hotel) and told me that he too had a bad dream. I got even creeped out when he told me the details of his dream. It was quite connected to my dream! But i tried not to let him know that bcoz i want us to rest. So i just kept to myself what i know.

when we woke up that morning, i can still feel the creepiness. I decided not prolong our stay and checkout around 11am. My only dismay was that we werent able to enjoy its facilities(restaurant, pool and the lobby).

Im still thinking whether to repeat our stay. Had we not heard that humming sound, i would give this hotel 5 stars! Their service is good, beds are comfortable, wifi is strong. Food is good as well.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank writemessages
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

It's situated not far from the main intersection of sta rosa and tagaytay city main road, it's near mahogany market and it's perfectly facing taal lake. They have two pools, recreation area with gym, pull, and videoke.

Peak season in december and we got a standard room for php5800. The room is also reasonably okay though the toilet doesnt have bath tub.

We had problems though connecting to wifi from our room and theres an odd smell on the hallway.

All the rest is presentable.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends