“Good”

The Lake Hotel Tagaytay
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I checked in here last Septemer 2013. We were both amussed with the beauty of their facility especially at night. I also enjoyed the view during daylight where you can see taal lake. The only con was the irritating humming sound when we were sleeping. Its like soemone is crying inside the cr. At first we assumed that the sound where coming from the opened tv on the room beside ours, so it was ok we just ignored it. 1am comes, the sounds got louder, it was more obvious than the first hour we heard it. We were both creeped out by the idea that the reason that they offered that room on a discounted price is that they know the creepy ambiance of the room. Take note, that room is the only one with discount. I dont know the exact price of it but was pretty sure its more cheaper that the other rooms. Back to the story, we tried to put ourselves into sleep bcoz were too exhausted. But around 2am, my partner woke me up bcoz i had nightmare. I was really scared when i woke up bcoz my dream was about the hotel (i dont what hotel) and told me that he too had a bad dream. I got even creeped out when he told me the details of his dream. It was quite connected to my dream! But i tried not to let him know that bcoz i want us to rest. So i just kept to myself what i know.

when we woke up that morning, i can still feel the creepiness. I decided not prolong our stay and checkout around 11am. My only dismay was that we werent able to enjoy its facilities(restaurant, pool and the lobby).

Im still thinking whether to repeat our stay. Had we not heard that humming sound, i would give this hotel 5 stars! Their service is good, beds are comfortable, wifi is strong. Food is good as well.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank writemessages

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

It's situated not far from the main intersection of sta rosa and tagaytay city main road, it's near mahogany market and it's perfectly facing taal lake. They have two pools, recreation area with gym, pull, and videoke.

Peak season in december and we got a standard room for php5800. The room is also reasonably okay though the toilet doesnt have bath tub.

We had problems though connecting to wifi from our room and theres an odd smell on the hallway.

All the rest is presentable.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Our family stayed here for two nights and we got 5 Deluxe rooms and 1 Suite room for a short vacation. All rooms we got had a great view of Taal. Sunrise was breathtaking as you watch it over Taal. The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful. The complimentary breakfast was delicious. We also enjoyed the free use of their KTV lounge for 5 hours. However, their drinks were kinda overpriced. Overall, i and my family enjoyed and satisfied oof ur stay in The Lake Hotel. Definitely, we will stay here again in our future trip.

Room Tip: If you have enough fund of your stay, book for a suite room. it is worth!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed last October this year for my birthday. It was a suprise from my fiancé a day before check in. It was very romantic when I entered the room..there were rose petals on the bed, floor and even inside the bathroom. The view was breath taking! At their garden, and even in our porch! Front desk was very accomodating.. had us escorted with the bellman to the room. Aside from the set up, the room was very nice; had this queen bed, but it would have been nice if it only had one big bed since there was also a single bed inside. Breakfast was also okay, we had a variety to choose from their buffet. There were a couple of guests that day, but they always had refils(yey!)..we had the breakfast at their garden with the nicest view..

Overall...we would definitely come back with the satisfaction we had from our first stay..:)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yuchengcolivia
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Book three single beds but was given 1 double and 1 single bed, no extra pillows, there were lots of unidentified insects in the garden that scared us to open the window to it.

Lobby is nice but the moment you walk thru the rooms the isle are not clean enough.

Breakfast is very good but we paid an extra 450 pesos for a 10 yr old kid which they told initially that we will only pay 275.

The worst thing is the pool! How can you swim in that pool very near the lobby area with all the people checking in and out plus those inquiring at the hotel. This is really really bad!!!!

This hotel has a lot to improve!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Marlon G
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The best asset of this hotel is perhaps their garden area where you will have a good view of the Taal Lake. Its good to stay there late afternoon and just have beer. The room was also nice, although small. They have in-room massage service, but they have third-party therapist since they do not have a spa inside the hotel. Breakfast is served in their cafe, which was quite small, considering the fact that they had buffet setup.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked a standard room which was located at the basement. Corridors were stuffy and dark at night. Room was very small and had 1 doubke bed and 1 single bed. It was noted that the rooms were good for 2 adults and 2 kids. However, there was no room for an extra bed. There was only 3pillows and when we asked for an extra pillow, they said they dont have any pillow available. Then you shouldnt have said the room was good for 4! Breakdast was for 2pax only. There were big flying mosquitoes/insects in the room. I dont know what kind of insect that was.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank rowenalim82
Travelers also viewed these Tagaytay hotels
Taal Vista Hotel
#12 of 26 in Tagaytay
Hotel Kimberly
Hotel Kimberly
#2 of 26 in Tagaytay

Been to The Lake Hotel Tagaytay? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Lake Hotel Tagaytay

Address: Km 58 Emilio Aguinaldo Highway Maharlika East, Tagaytay, Luzon 4120, Philippines
Location: Philippines > Luzon > Calabarzon Region > Cavite Province > Tagaytay
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Price Range: $74 - $117 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — The Lake Hotel Tagaytay 4*
Cuddled up amidst the slope of Tagaytay Ridge, approximately 90 minutes away from Manila, The Lake Hotel Tagaytay is a picture of verdantly serene and majestic haven. The Mediterranean inspired architectural design is complimented by the breathtaking view of the world-famous Taal Volcano and the opulence of over a hundred year old trees sprawled along the cliff. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your The Lake Hotel Tagaytay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.