“Not for the budget conscious :)”

The Windy Ridge Hotel
Makati
“Not for the budget conscious :)”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you are staying or having a vacation in Tagaytay, but you have the budget I recommend Windy Ridge as a place to stay. I'm sure that you'll enjoy the facilities, yummy breakfast and of course the priceless view. Staff are very accommodating, rooms are maintained properly and best place to enjoy serenity. The location is just a walk away from the main road.

Room Tip: Avail the room viewing Taal for a total enjoyment in Tagaytay :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Princess Y

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here during Christmas in one of their Suites with Jacuzzi. Before we went there, I had some apprehensions due to some bad reviews. But I was really surprised when we arrived.The staff were kind, the place is perfect and the view of Taal volcano was breathtaking. Thank you Windy Ridge.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Nikki596
manila
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We've been to Tagaytay many times and satisfied from different hotels we stayed in but not this time... The moment we entered the room (Standard room) I knew it doesnt look the same as the Pics posted on their site: white dimmed light as if it's going to shut down anytime,
Lampshade not working!!! as I entered the Bathroom... it really stinks (as if someone just poop there) so I had to put the shampoo on the whole floor just to make it smell fresh...
the hook of the shower is broken so after using it you just have to leave it on the floor..
not so big room and not totally look like some hotel room...
The cable is not working, as in you really can't see anything on the screen, just the sound of it
so I called the frontdesk and she said they cant do anything about it since it's because of the bad signal.. Good thing we carried are iPad so we have something to watch during the night...
The breakfast was just ok (egg,pancake,sausage,juice)

The frontliner and the guard was nice, but not enough to cover the bad experience we had for choosing to stay there..

Their Location is perfect since it is just along the road and just walking distance from Rotonda, they also have an overlooking view of the Taal from their Terrace so I hope they improve their Rooms and Service.

Definitely won't stay there again...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

General Trias, Philippines
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This a 10 room hotel on 3 floors. Rooms are modestly furnished with tube type TVs. Breakfast is included in the room price. If your are a big eater you are out of luck. If you book the two suites on the lobby floor your evening meals are included in the room price, these suites also have a jacuzzi bath tub. Location is within 100 meters of the Rotunda. Numerous fast food and other restaurants are in the vicinity. The balcony off the lobby/restaurant provides a good view of Taal Lake. Five of the rooms on the top 2 floors have individual balconies.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thebigrod
Pasig City
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is the very first time I stayed overnight as a couple in Tagaytay, and I can say that my stay here was okay. The reason we chose this hotel was due to accessibility as we had to commute all the way from Metro Manila. The location is in the heart of the Tagaytay Rotonda, just a 2- to 3-minute walk from Jollibee Tagaytay where we dropped off from a Nasugbu-bound BSC bus.

The lobby was simple and small. The restaurant/dining area is practically within the same room of the lobby, so be careful of you are not comfortable eating while arriving guests are looking at you. The female receptionist was accommodating, which is expected of her. We encountered a bride photo shoot on the lobby as soon as we arrived, and felt a bit of good feeling since we traveled as a couple and are looking forward to a romantic bonding experience.

We stayed at Room R, which has the basic commodities of a hotel room: window-type air conditioning unit, a queen-size bed with two soft pillows and comforter, bathroom with bathtub, cable TV (TV was not LCD), personal fridge and cabinet. The room has a terrace which is over-looking the Taal Lake. Too bad a big tree/adjacent building is kind of hindering a part of your view so you are unable to see a full imagery of the Taal Lake. The small pool below was inaccessible.

Due to the location of the hotel, choosing a place to eat dinner is not a sweat. We rode a jeepney to RSM Lutong Bahay, and easily went back the same way. The doorman/bell boy was kind enough to open the door for us and greeted us earnestly as we entered back into the hotel after that sumptuous dinner. The rest of the night was a breeze.

Breakfast is 3-piece small hotdog, sunny-side up egg, two toasted bread and a choice of either lemonade juice (which is, I think, tastes like Kool-Aid) or coffee (barako, I think). Since we are light breakfast eaters, it was okay to our standards.

We checked out about an hour late since we do not want to hurry ourselves to go home due to the hot weather outside. We traveled during the summer peak and imagine the high, humid temperature. Good thing the hotel did not charge us with any additional fees. We also commend their honesty in giving us the change to our payment during check in; we completely forgot about it.

A PHP 3,800-room maybe high-priced but we do not want to look any further as this was an unplanned trip. We booked the night before the arrival date. Nevertheless, the shortcomings of the hotel, if any, were overseen as I focused on spending time with my partner.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right coming down from the lobby are over-looking the Taal Lake.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BarnesPerez
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My experience in this hotel is less than expected. I stayed in the Ambassador Suite, which was advertised as having a private balcony, BUT IT WAS NOT PRIVATE! When you walk out into the balcony, the coffee shop is on the same level! As in, you are literally several spans from the coffee shop. If you open your curtains to see the beautiful view, anyone who is in the coffee shop can literally see you in your room!! In your bed!! So I had to keep my windows closed, which is a shame, because the premium you pay for hotels in Tagaytay is due to the beautiful view.

Also, while I was reading before I go to sleep, I suddenly felt itchy - when I checked why, I found like three ants in the blanket! The next morning, I found a hair strand in my rice during breakfast! I switched hotels that day.

The only positive thing here is the whirlpool jacuzzi.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank meimei28
Tagaytay, Philippines
Reviewed September 20, 2010

The first quaint and dainty impression turned out to be a Rip-off, they charge 3,600 pesos, but the room got old worn out towels, no tv remote which the tv really is old. dirty bathroom.The inclusive breakfast is like 2pcs of miniature hotdogs and ruined egg yolk with a piece of toast.
Not recommended at all!