“Good location, magnificent view and accommodating staff”

Summit Ridge Tagaytay
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
manila
“Good location, magnificent view and accommodating staff”
Reviewed August 5, 2010

One very good thing about this hotel is its good location. It has a nice view of the Taal volcano. When you wake up and look through its glass window, you will see the magnificent view of the volcano. A very relaxing view. The rooms is well-appointed and spacious. It has a ref, LCD TV, balcony and WIFI - you can surf anytime you want-unlimited. At the balcony, you will also enjoy peoply watching, the cool breeze of air and watching different types of vehicles passing by. The hotel is also located beside a mall-promenade - it has restaurants, cafes, arcade, atms and supermarket for your needs.

It was our third time to stay at the hotel since it opened and we are enjoying it more and more everytime we stay there. Since its soft opening, we see lots of improvements on their services and amenities. They also have great buffet breakfast too.

The staff is also very accomodating. Our reservation was made by just communicating thru emails to their marketing communication officer who readily accomodated our request as we are still out of the country when we made our booking. And, we had no problem checking in at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Manila
Reviewed August 4, 2010

The 32sqm King Classic room looked bigger than its actual size. The room is suitably equipped with 32-inch LCD TV with cable including a channel guide, in-room coffee and tea facilities, a safety box, a spacious shower, telephone, personal fridge, and split-type AC! Best of all, which is really a come-on for folks like me who want to be connected online or do some work on the side, Summit Ridge hotel has in-room Wi-Fi Internet access! And connection is gooooood. *nods*

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Yap
Reviewed July 10, 2010

The hotel rooms are fairly new, clean and well mainteined. Our room has a decent size flat TV mounted on the wall , cable ready. every room has wifi signal and its fairly fast. Staff of the hotel are very friendly and hospitable. Right next to the hotel is Robinson's place. It is near the nightlife are where you can dine and have fun with your family or friends.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I stayed at Summit Ridge Tagaytay to attend a conference last May 2010. The rooms are huge and well-appointed, the staff are courteous, and the view is the best out there among Tagaytay hotels.

The food was great (I heard their banquet and restaurant are operated by Cravings) and the service of the banquet staff is really outstanding! Aside from the complimentary WIFI in the entire complex, I was also pleased with their conference amenities.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mpoop
Manila
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I stayed over the weekend at at a twin classic room in Summit Ridge with my family. Family consists of my American husband, one month old baby, me and my twin daughters. Still couldn't believe five of us could fit in that room of two single beds but we did. What saved the day was the couch which is a mainstay in the room. The twin bed room was actually quite spacious. Aside from the couch, the room also had a refrigerator, LCD TV, and a balcony which overlooked Taal lake. For some, the view is the most important thing but for me and my husband, the hotel's free uninterrupted wifi was it. This wasn't the case with the last lodgings we stayed in Tagaytay, Hotel Dominique, where I had to use my unreliable plug n' play broadband.

Second thing, I liked the food in Summit Ridge. Our room came with two free buffet breakfast and it was again value for money. The concessionaire which also maintains C2 Classic Cuisine branches in Manila is very reputable and I like their food which represents good Filipino cooking.

Perhaps Summit Ridge's best advantage from the other hotels is the fact that there's a mall-promenade beside it. No need to drive around or take a ride because everything's there- a couple of restaurants, coffeeshops, a grocery, supermarket, organic market, even a gaming arcade for the kids.

My only comment is that Summit Ridge should exude five-star standards by improving the staff uniform, for instance, into something more elegant. They also charge P100 for each extra blanket you request. And whenever you request for a new towel , you have to give the old towel back. I never encountered these policies in any of the deluxe hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank bloggurl
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 5, 2010

My family and I stayed there for 2 nights last Feb and 2 nights last May. Courteous and friendly staff. Rooms are clean and everything we need are in place. The children enjoyed the pool. The view is spectacular.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Antipolo City
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Great facilities and good food concessionaire (C2), room is nice and spacious, clean and well maintained. However, during peak season, it seems that the Hotel is understaff. We arrived there at 2pm but was told by the receptionist to stay for a couple of minutes since our room is not yet ready. To think that we've booked in advance. Another client ahead of us walk ed-in with her family, paid the accomodation and was told to come back at 2pm. She was already charged and when they came back, they were told that their room was not yet ready. The reason? Because they are walk-in clients and they've not booked in advance. But what about me? I was booked in advance and still my room was not yet prepared by 2pm.

Aside from this drawback, we still had a nice time. Thanks to the great weather in Tagaytay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple