“You could hear noise, car horns from the main highway”

Summit Ridge Tagaytay
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Silang, Philippines
“You could hear noise, car horns from the main highway”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed on a 5th floor and still we could hear the noise coming from their parking lot, literally ALL THE NOISE of cars from the highway. When inside the room, you couldnt help but notice the ugly interior of the room (ceiling, walls, light panels, and inside glass windows) as if the hotel was made using sub-standard materials (given an almost 5 star rating of the hotel from their reviews) and look like they have been duped by the contractor/developer as the hotel building already looked old.. i am referring to the specific lighting panel (which has no cover at all and i could see the WIRING guts) the only thing i liked here was the modest bathroom bec it got rain shower head in the shower room, plus that they have green soaps that looked organic.
for robinsons to boast a hotel like this, people will expect a hotel that is spotless and with awesome architecture , I didn't get anything close to it, despite my excitement in staying there. I paid for a full price and I can say I was disappointed. ALl this hotel has is excellent marketing... the real deal is far from what you will pay for .. Sorry but I am just telling the truth. I used to love Summit RIdge Hotel from the view whenever I pass by Tagaytay and saying to myself that one day I am gonna stay there... I regret that now. I didn't ask comments from my husband because I know he too wasn't happy. i regret not taking photos of the interiors so I have proof.

Room Tip: I don't think there was a better room, as you could hear all the noise from the highway (all hon...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 406MangoM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Biel, Switzerland
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I definitely felt betrayed by staying on this hotel. For the price we paid, it's not worth it.
First day we arrived at this hotel, it was a mess. The clerk told us that we booked a twin bed, what? Why would we booked a twin bed? (We were sure that we booked a queen size bed as we are a couple). And we have to pay additional amount to have a queen size bed as the mistake was made by us (grrrr..) We have no choice because we booked through Agoda for 4 days and cannot take our money back.
2nd day: Breakfast was bad as well as the service. My husband told the waiter vey clearly and three times not to put ham on his plate as he doesn't eat pork, and guess what, ham was on the plate when it was served. (That time we were only 8 guests so we have to order a la carte for our breakfast). What I think is, they don't hire the right people on their establishment. They cheated me on my orange juice, I ordered fresh orange juice and they gave me industrial powdered juice (they thought I didn't know the difference. It sucks big time! They need well trained staff because it's a 4 star hotel. Luckily there was Star bucks nearby which saved our day.
Our room was ok except that the balcony is facing the high-way, so you got all the pollution if you
stay on your balcony (which we did not know about when we booked at this hotel). I did not enjoy our stay at this hotel and it gave me a lot of heart-aches for all those inconveniences and dishonesty. Definitely will not recommend this hotel, I'm sure there are better hotels in Tagaytay for the price we paid on our 4 days stay.

Please improve your quality of service you are offering if you want your guests to come back, and teach your staff "honesty".

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mensio24
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The trip from Sta. Rosa Laguna to the Tagaytay Summit Ridge Hotel was horrible, traffic was moving at an inch a second, it took us nearly 4 hours to travel a short distance of around 5 kilometers, by the time we reached the hotel, the car's radiator was blowing steam. To make matters worse, the windows of our hotel room could not be closed properly, and since it is always windy up the ridge, the windows was whistling like a train the whole night, not even stuffing cottons inside our ear helped. If you are a lover of nature, this hotel will surely be public enemy No.1, as it ruined the beautiful volcano lake scenery with its towering obstructive concrete structure.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beautiful volcano lake is always advisable, but be sure that the wind is not howlin...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank simeontan

Travelers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We booked this hotel in January for an overnight stay to attend a friend's wedding.

It has all the basic requirements for a hotel in Tagaytay, and perhaps even a bit more:
1. Comfortable and spacious rooms - check. The room was quite big and was spacious enough to fit a family of five, had a i brought my kids along.
3. Room with a decent enough view of Taal - check. Of course a view of the Taal lake was a requirement and although ours was partially blocked, it was beautiful nonetheless.
4. Accessible to grocery stores, coffee shop, etc - check. Starbucks and a grocery store is just beside the hotel, and it was very near Sky Ranch
5. Basic amenities (small gym, swimming pool) - check. The gym had the most basic equipments which was good enough for us.
6. Efficient checking in/out - check;
7. Friendly enough staff - check

As for the rates it was a bit expensive but then it was a couple of hundreds below Taal Vista so we decided to try this hotel.

We enjoyed our stay and most likely we will be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank with0ut_wings
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed March 8, 2014

near of this hotel we find shopping center and local market.the breakfast was realy fresh and delicious, we stay for 8 nights in hotel. personels of hotel were friendly and kind. and if you
are going to philippine best months are November,December, January and February otherwise you will trap in hot and humid weather!!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view and less noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank babak s
Reviewed February 9, 2014

All rooms have a view of the famous Taal Lake of Tagaytay. Very near Sky Ranch and very accessible to the grocery and restaurants. Just beside it is a Starbucks coffee shop.
They do offer discounted rates even on peak dates in February! Actually booked two rooms for the family.

They have basic room amenities but the room is clean. The room is not carpeted so you don’t have to worry about soiling any thing. Easier for the staff to clean, I guess.

The pool was quite small but still the kids enjoyed despite the cold water. Good that the weather was quite humid the day we went.

Breakfast served was also plentiful. Not as grand as the 5-star hotels would offer but complete, they have an omelette station, 3 kinds of fruits, salad/vegetable, bread station and the breakfast entries with plain and garlic rice.

Service was good and the staff helpful.

Only thing I don’t like: since the hotel is located at the highway, you can hear the cars/vehicles at night. Was able to sleep but it could have been better if it was quieter.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

With 3 young kids in tow, we had an overnight stay at Summit Ridge Tagaytay. We booked the Two Bedroom Suite. There's a Master's Bedroom with a king-sized bed and another room with two single beds. There's one bathroom with the toilet having its own sliding door. A few cracks here and there on the bathroom walls but tolerable. There's a living room with an LCD TV and round dining table for 4. The Master's bedroom has an LCD TV but the reception of the cable TV is grainy. You'd probably end up having a headache after watching your tv show.

There's a kitchen bar for your convenience. But, be warned when other rooms that have a kitchenette too. Our living, dining and kitchen all had a cooking oil smell when our neighbors decided to do their own cooking.

The breakfast buffet was okay. It could be better. Arrive before 7:30-8:00am to get a table inside the restaurant. Otherwise endure the wind and cool weather outside. The downside is that your hot chocolate may turn into a cold drink in just a few minutes if you do decide to dine al fresco.

Quick check-out since we had fully paid the room upon checking in.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family