“Till next time..”

Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Cainta Rizal
“Till next time..”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Me and my family stated overnight in 2 bedroom suite, the room is spacious with kitchenette and utensils. We never had the chance to go outside the hotel because of typhoon Gener but what makes our stay extra ordinary despite of the bad weather was the Hotel staff. They are all friendly, accommodating and polite.

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank Sugar4501

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I found our first stay in June @ Summit Ridge extremely pleasant! Not only were the staff accommodating but the facilities were also very new, clean, and awesome! I couldn't take my eyes off the Taal view from our room, 417! So captivating, so beautiful! I tentatively forgot the heavy workload i left in the city. The next morning offered a welcome surprise- yummy breakfast especially the tawilis! Indeed this brief stay gave me & my family the much needed respite. We went home quite ambivalent- refreshed & recharged yet sad we can't stay longer. Oh, but we returned the following month- this time with our dear balikbayan sister! That's how amazing and mesmerizing Summit Ridge has been that we resolve to return to enjoy another round of refreshing respite, by God's grace!

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms are okay, but those in the 6th room are more enticing!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Carol V
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed July 27, 2012

needed a hotel in tagaytay with 2 rooms and a living room since I was with my new husband and my new mother-in-law.
i was unable to find that anywhere else.
the accommodation we got was their suite, meaning their best and the most expensive.
normally, i would not get the best room in hotels/resorts since i try to be very practical.
but this was well worth the extra cost.
the room had a veranda facing the taal volcano, we were given the highest floor too, so the view was even better see from that point of view.
the suite had 2 rooms. first was the master's bedroom. it had a veranda as well, an lcd tv, a safe and a very large comfortable bed. this room was my my mother-in-law's for the weekend.
the second room was a small room with 2 small beds.
the suite came with a kitchen too, it had all the necessary stuff to cook meals, it had a ref too.
the hotel is right beside a small mall with a very large grocery, so it was very convenient.
the buffet breakfast was also quite good. only complaint are some flies bothering us while we were having breakfast.
parking was free and was very easy to get.
we didn't use the pool but we visited it. pool was good. great for kids.
location was great as it was in the center of tagaytay.
it was a great stay.

Room Tip: get a room on the high floors so you get a great view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 24, 2012

During a crazy storm, I was forced to spend my entire weekend in Tagaytay and fortunately this hotel have available rooms considering we walked in at around 8pm. Reservation was a breeze and the price per night is not bad since we availed of their no-frills package (no breakfast included). I wasn't expecting anything that I was happy with our superior room. It is big enough for 4 people and all rooms have a balcony with a view. Would be hard to see the lake and volcano if you're staying at the lower floors. Our room has a couch by their huge window/balcony which I really love. They offer basic amenities, which is okay with me. I just hope they also provide bathrobes, especially for unprepared guests like us. At times, we can hear some banging upstairs and people in the corridors. The staff at the hotel and restaurant is very accommodating and nice, but service is a bit slow. They offer free wifi but is very slow particularly in the morning. But what I like best about it is its location. Since it was near impossible for us to go around Tagaytay because of the thick fog that refused to go away during our entire stay, the shopping complex beside the hotel was our saving grace for all our cravings.

One major downside of this hotel is that their corridors are open, like a shared balcony. This is considerably bad especially if it's raining, which it was during our stay. We had to run to the elevators as fast as possible to not get too wet. What made it worse was that the corridors were a bit flooded. Thank god the water did not get inside our room.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floors to have a better view of Taal lake/volcano.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kay R
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The hotel is located along the highway. Right beside it is a grocery where you can buy your immediate needs. They have a hot dog stand, a french bakery and a roasted chicken area where you can buy it newly cooked. Around it are several restaurants like Shakey's Bacolod Chicken Inasal, Ted's Batchoy, Starbucks, Master Siomai, Bibingkinitan and a Japanese restaurant.

From the parking entrance, the guard were very helpful and courteous, the same with the people in the reception and the food staff in their breakfast area. The waiters were very accommodating. If they see that your glass of water or cup of chocolate is half full, they come and ask if you want more. They saw my husband with a plate of boneless bangus and here comes the waiter bringing vinegar without asking for it. The staff are well-trained.

The bedroom and bathroom are spacious and clean, complete with all your bathroom needs. No complaints. I failed to turn on the hair dryer and thought it was not working, I called reception and reported it. In just a minute, here comes the handyman, only for me to find out that I didn't push the ON button.

The buffet breakfast has an assortment of food that you will always like to eat immediately after getting up from bed. Food were served warm and tasty. They have plenty of food and you can choose what ever you want. Fruits were also plenty. Juice, Chocolate, Coffee and tea are available.

I will always recommend Summit Ridge to my friends, relatives and acquaintances. Congratulations to the management of Summit Ridge. You have a high caliber staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This time, i had a chance to to enjoy the place specially their gym, even though our room doesn't have the full view of Taal , you can still appreciate the cozyness of the room. The only regret i had were the following," if only they could install a TV inside the gym", " newer linen and towels" and a faster Wi- fi connection. A wide selection of foods served at their Buffet breakfast and a Good service too. Anywhere you go you will be greeted by a smile & Goodmorning or good evening by their staff.

Room Tip: Try to request a higher floorsvto enjoy the Taal view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I love the spacious room and the balcony facing Taal (great view) but it could also use a little makeover in terms of interior design, additional furniture in the balcony (where we can just hangout to enjoy the view), and maintenance of rooms (would appreciate fresh smelling linens). Breakfast could also use a bit of variety and less salt.

Location is nice but you cannot keep the balcony door open unless you want to hear the unrelaxing sound of vehicles on the road.

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room for a great view of Taal
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family