“A Cozy Stay on a Stormy Weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Summit Ridge Tagaytay

Summit Ridge Tagaytay
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Manila, Philippines
“A Cozy Stay on a Stormy Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

During a crazy storm, I was forced to spend my entire weekend in Tagaytay and fortunately this hotel have available rooms considering we walked in at around 8pm. Reservation was a breeze and the price per night is not bad since we availed of their no-frills package (no breakfast included). I wasn't expecting anything that I was happy with our superior room. It is big enough for 4 people and all rooms have a balcony with a view. Would be hard to see the lake and volcano if you're staying at the lower floors. Our room has a couch by their huge window/balcony which I really love. They offer basic amenities, which is okay with me. I just hope they also provide bathrobes, especially for unprepared guests like us. At times, we can hear some banging upstairs and people in the corridors. The staff at the hotel and restaurant is very accommodating and nice, but service is a bit slow. They offer free wifi but is very slow particularly in the morning. But what I like best about it is its location. Since it was near impossible for us to go around Tagaytay because of the thick fog that refused to go away during our entire stay, the shopping complex beside the hotel was our saving grace for all our cravings.

One major downside of this hotel is that their corridors are open, like a shared balcony. This is considerably bad especially if it's raining, which it was during our stay. We had to run to the elevators as fast as possible to not get too wet. What made it worse was that the corridors were a bit flooded. Thank god the water did not get inside our room.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floors to have a better view of Taal lake/volcano.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kay R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

The hotel is located along the highway. Right beside it is a grocery where you can buy your immediate needs. They have a hot dog stand, a french bakery and a roasted chicken area where you can buy it newly cooked. Around it are several restaurants like Shakey's Bacolod Chicken Inasal, Ted's Batchoy, Starbucks, Master Siomai, Bibingkinitan and a Japanese restaurant.

From the parking entrance, the guard were very helpful and courteous, the same with the people in the reception and the food staff in their breakfast area. The waiters were very accommodating. If they see that your glass of water or cup of chocolate is half full, they come and ask if you want more. They saw my husband with a plate of boneless bangus and here comes the waiter bringing vinegar without asking for it. The staff are well-trained.

The bedroom and bathroom are spacious and clean, complete with all your bathroom needs. No complaints. I failed to turn on the hair dryer and thought it was not working, I called reception and reported it. In just a minute, here comes the handyman, only for me to find out that I didn't push the ON button.

The buffet breakfast has an assortment of food that you will always like to eat immediately after getting up from bed. Food were served warm and tasty. They have plenty of food and you can choose what ever you want. Fruits were also plenty. Juice, Chocolate, Coffee and tea are available.

I will always recommend Summit Ridge to my friends, relatives and acquaintances. Congratulations to the management of Summit Ridge. You have a high caliber staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pasig, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

This time, i had a chance to to enjoy the place specially their gym, even though our room doesn't have the full view of Taal , you can still appreciate the cozyness of the room. The only regret i had were the following," if only they could install a TV inside the gym", " newer linen and towels" and a faster Wi- fi connection. A wide selection of foods served at their Buffet breakfast and a Good service too. Anywhere you go you will be greeted by a smile & Goodmorning or good evening by their staff.

Room Tip: Try to request a higher floorsvto enjoy the Taal view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

I love the spacious room and the balcony facing Taal (great view) but it could also use a little makeover in terms of interior design, additional furniture in the balcony (where we can just hangout to enjoy the view), and maintenance of rooms (would appreciate fresh smelling linens). Breakfast could also use a bit of variety and less salt.

Location is nice but you cannot keep the balcony door open unless you want to hear the unrelaxing sound of vehicles on the road.

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room for a great view of Taal
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Makati City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed at Summit Ridge Hotel last January 2012 when we had our beggining-of-the-year planning. We stayed at a suite, 2 persons per suite, and I really loved the room. The room is spacious, very clean, and the amenities worked well. The location was also good because it rests beside Robinsons' mall and you can buy almost everything. The staff were also very accomodating. My only complain is that the food is not so good.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Summit Ridge is owned by the Robinsons group and one of the high-rise hotels in the area. Beside the hotel is a Robinsons supermarket and an open area with different restaurants.

The lobby of the hotel is big and open. The decors are earthy and very modern. They have a lot of function rooms that you can use for business and also for wedding receptions. The hotel restaturant, Annie's by Cravings is also located in the lobby floor.

We booked a room with 2 beds. The rooms are pretty big, however, the I wished the beds were bigger. The room has a ref, lcd tv, a sofa (a person can sleep here as well). The room amenities are basic and would not expect top products here. Rooms have great wifi signal and our room even included a router. However, don't expect fast speeds but only for basic surfing.

We spent some time in the pool. The problem we encountered was the towels are requested from housekeeping. However, the staff are very fast and quickly fetched our towels for us. I just hope they station 1 staff in the general pool area to check on guests' request. I later discovered you can get the towels in the restroom below the pool.

The infinity pool is very lovely but can be very cold on colder months. You can view the construction of the SM condo beside the hotel and nice view of the nearby subdivision from the swimming pool. It's hard to do laps though as the pool has an irregular shape.

We had breakfast in the hotel. The first one was not that good (weekday) but the second day, weekend was better. I guess they have better food on weekends. The buffet spread is varied and you can order your eggs and omelette. They serve both Filipino and Continental breakfast. The breakfast crew is pretty efficient and they make sure your coffee and water is always filled up.

We also try to dine in the restaturant and ordered ala carte on off peak hours. Service was good and the food quality is top notch. However, there was a slight misunderstanding when I ordered lunch and to be served on the pool. My meal was delayed due to the restaurant staff not informing the kitchen to cook my meal on time. So I just requested the food to be spent on our room. No problem there and the food was so good I forgot about the initial problem. Highly recommend to try there Big Burger ( 2 quarter pounder), served with fries and milkshake.

In conclusion, I highly recommend staying here, since the convenience of the mall and the view of Taal is fantastic (choose a higher floor). Definitely will be back here for the burger and will try their other dishes :D

Tips: They have Rowena's in the lobby. Try their buko tart. It's very good and has the same price as their branch.
They also have a Spa SeriAsia. However, I wasn't able to try their services.
According to the staff, the Sky Lounge on floor 9 has a fantastic view of the lake. However, I wasn't able to go as our view in the room is already fantastic.

Room Tip: - Higher floors definitely for better view of the taal volcano/lake.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Been here 3rd week of May, and i should say i had a good and bad experienced with this hotel. Got a reservation thru their contact nos. (which is indicated in their site). Its a free reservation and i had it one week before my date of arrival. They had contacted me 2 days before to confirmed if i were gonna push thru with my reservation, and i said yes. And 1 day prior to my date of reservation, they called me again to verify if i will push thru..and i said yes, again.
The next day, which is my date of reservation, while driving on the way to the hotel, the receptionists called me again to verify, and i told them im on my way na already. They called me twice, which kinda annoying of sort. Third call was done. They told me that they are very sorry to informed me, that one of the staff had mislooked my reservation and gave it to other, and told me that they will booked me to other hotel. And that irritated me. The mere fact that they called so many times to confirmed my reservation, and that's it?! So, i dont agree with their thot of booking me to other hotel. Its their fault not mine, so they better solve the problem. Without further a do, when i arrived at the hotel, the staff told me that they had solved my reservation and someone cancelled a reservation. What a relief! The good thing is, they upgraded me from twin classic to king deluxe with the same rate as twin classic.
The room, king deluxe, is a one bedroom facing taal. Its kinda small for a one bedroom but i should say its ok. One thing, they should replaced or clean properly their bathroom for its has stained. Overall, i should say, it was a nice hotel but dont expect too much from it. Location is good and staffs was respectful...

• Stayed May 2012