“I DON'T GET IT...”

Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Quezon City
“I DON'T GET IT...”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This hotel just seems to have a lot of flaws despite it being relatively new. Went there for the weekend with the whole family plus relatives and we booked 2 suite rooms with each suite having 2 bedrooms, a sala and a fully functional kitchen. The rooms were clean enough for our standards and the master room had a magnificent view of taal lake and volcano. The problem was with 2 bedrooms/suite, there was only 1 CR/Shower. It was a big CR/Shower room which had 2 sinks (1 in the toilet and the other near the shower) which I didn't understand why they had to do it that way... Secondly the fixtures were not that well maintained (worn out with rust) plus grout in the CR stone tiles were not also properly maintained (had stains and molds). Also the water in the shower floor was flowing against the drainage causing water to accumulate opposite the drain... weird. For a big room which accomodated 4 adults and 2 kids... 1 CR/Shower room just didn't work out well. The suite room was quite pricey. Hotel location though was convenient as it had numerous restaurants (including a starbucks) and a full grocery (Robinsons) within its immediate vicinity. The TVs in the rooms sucked in picture quality.

The hotel staff were very accomodating and proactive. Wifi internet was suppose to be free in every room but forget it.... toooo slow.

Food in the hotel (C2 Cuisine) was generally acceptable. Hotel free breakfast which was included in the package was good (you can choose to have it delivered in th room for a small.
service charge). There is a spa on the 2nd floor which we never got to check out but looked very enticing to go to.

For me, they didn't plan the hotel well... it was a disappointment seeing the nice pictures in their website. For the price we paid we deserved a better maintained and quality room and perhaps 2 CRs/ 2 bedroom suite...

2 Thank PeggyLove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
philippines
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Since it was holiday during the time we went...prices were jacked up! On our first first night we stayed in a two bedroom suite...the room was perfect for us except for the price we paid which was a little above 12k ( it was discounted from it's original price). We didn't mind paying another night but the room was reserved so we moved to a smaller place which was just twin room. Rate then was 8k. The room was ordinary, beds were small, decoration in the room leaves som much to be desired, the curtain was dirty and the toilet was nothing special. I mean for the rate and publicity about the place, they could afford to upgrade the facilities. Gym was small, basic and not well lit.

The new year dinner buffet was nothing special considering the 1800 per person that we paid. It ws not good at all. But fireworks and the band who played outside did it for us! Thank goodness for that. We enjoyed the party and the weather outside.

And yes...the breakfast fare was not exciting either...not much choice and they take forever to replenish.

Yes, the views from the balcony were magnificent and the restos and stores in the area...but overall assessment...not worth the amount we paid on ourbtwo nights stay there.

Room Tip: If possible get rooms on higher floor for better view of the volcano.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

Cebu
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed at their King Classic for a night. We were already previously warned that breakfast was not good so we had it elsewhere along the ridge. Although a bit expensive for the fixtures and quality of finishing, I really enjoyed my stay...just beside the Mall and the supermarket...and of course, Starbucks was just around the corner. The view was great! I understand that all, if not most rooms faced the taal lake side and we enjoyed the cool tagaytay weather. They gladly consented to our request for late check-out, which was a plus for me. Bring your own toiletries though as the ones provided were typical of hostels and inns rather than a hotel =( Relatively clean with free wifi, although the connection was not consistent and we had to call their tech support to connect. Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Overall, I liked the place. Rooms are standard as what you can find in other hotels but the best thing I saw was when I looked under the base of the bed when I moved the bed a bit, the floor beneath was clean! I always make it a point to look under the bed (i just forgot to mention in my other reviews) when I check in to a room to see how the hotel clean their rooms. Other hotels and resort neglects cleaning this part and you can see some dust, dirt and others beneath their beds. Also, the balcony on every room was a nice touch. I think you can have a view of the lake and volcano. We stayed on the 7th floor and the view was nice though I am not sure how the view looks like on the lower floors. Staff are friendly. Pool is quite small. An advantage this hotel has is its commercial area beside the hotel that has a supermarket, restaurants and others. You need not leave the area if you are checked in to grab a meal. The hotel's own restaurant is managed by Cravings and it is lovely in its own way.

The biggest complaint I have is the noise from the road. One can hear practically the noise of the vehicles all day and all night long. It can be annoying if you are a light sleeper like me. I think the hotel was not able to anticipate this problem and hopefully they can still remedy this in the future.

Another thing, I hope they can add an elevator or 2 in the future if possible. I can be a pain waiting for a ride with just 2 elevators and to think we stayed on an ordinary weekend. How much traffic can you expect when it is a holiday?

Except for the noise, I would love to come back and stay with them. Still my second choice after Taal Vista. Will try Hotel Kimberley next.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors for a better view.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We stayed for 1 night in their 2 bedroom suite...the room was clean but is not spacious enough considering the amount of money they are charging for it...close to $300AUD for 1 night...the buffet breakfast was not good at all...only a few selection and who eats siomai, meatballs and chicken nuggets for breakfast???...as balikbayans we were expecting tocinos, longganisas and other native food...the worst experience was upon checking out, we were told to wait since they still need to do a room check...for $300AUD are they expecting us to be barbarics to trash the place? Since I myself had my hair coloured the previous day, I got to stain one of the towels for which they charged me 350 pesos for it, I can definitely buy lots of brand new towels for that price...not a good experience at all...will not recommend this hotel ever!!!

3 Thank Beatrice R
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed for 1 night in this hotel.

Interior in the room is nice. The room is very clean and comfort.

The location is very good, beside the mall.

They have some menus for the breakfast.

all of the crews are friendly and give the best service.

Tagaytay is a place with a 'fresh air' and sometimes the wind blows so hard, don't forget to bring jacket. Along the night you can hear the sound thypon, so it is better for you to choose the room which is not in front of the big road.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank lucyliestiyo
manila
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Stayed here the second time around. Thought breakfast has improved since last year but its still the same bad breakfast they serve. Not much choices considering the room rate they charge to guests. I just love their location. Housekeeping was always available.
Had a problem booking this hotel cause the reception didnt actually "reserve" the room for us making me panic days before the trip. Good thing everything was fixed.
Needs improvement: BREAKFAST