“Tagaytay Dacha: Don't even dare. Not worth it.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Tagaytay Dacha

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tagaytay
Tagaytay Dacha
Manila, Philippines
“Tagaytay Dacha: Don't even dare. Not worth it.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

Let's keep this simple.
- not well-maintained
- cockroaches
- bed sheets with cockroach droppings
- termites
- termite-eaten floors, doors
- towels that smelled like a wet dog
- dirty bathroom
- leaky faucets
- stinky refrigerator
- stinky carpet
- we had no water for a whole night! when we brought this to the caretaker's attention the following morning, he said they had 2 water supplies and they shut one off, that's why we didn't have water for half of our stay. Oh sorry, do we have to tell them that we need water? DUh.
- NOT WORTH IT. Period.

The cost for renting a 3 bedroom villa was P8450 (about US $182). My advice: shell out a few thousands more and go to a decent hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
11 Thank zemirah

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Manila
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

Runaway termite infestation. No airconditioning in isolated rooms of the townhouse that especially need the cool and circulating air. Two out of three toilets have no toilet seats (and the hotel could not supply any despite repeated promises). Washrooms that cannot accommodate a person standing up. A washbowl barely larger than the size of a teenager's two fists. A full-sized cockroach in the bed. Windows with screens that cannot fully close. A gym and indoor basketball court that show worn, cracked flooring and dirty walls. A swimming pool with green water. Need I say more?

If staying in a run-down hotel is your idea of a fun weekend, then this is your place. Tagaytay Dacha is a classic example of a couple's feeble attempt at the hospitality business without plans for maintenance and facilities upgrade in the years after. No valiant attempt by the staff at providing decent service can make up for the extremely unkempt surroundings.

To think that this is one of those RCI-registered (time sharing) hotels. Obviously, either the RCI group is not a reliable establishment for good vacation/travel accommodations or they have been terribly remiss in enforcing the excellent standards of quality that their marketing materials preach.

Stay clear of this hotel and check--and double check--on RCI-endorsed establishments, if I were you!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank TDC338

Travelers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

Pottstown PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2009

We scheduled our stay through RCI. I have been with them for 23 years, and they never fail to dissapoint. The Dacha was no exception. The place has potential, but it has not been well kept. The carpets are all in need of replacing, or at least cleaned. The room was not up to date. The bathroom was very small, and I could barely see with low power bulbs they used. The WiFi is only good in the lobby. Their gym is a joke, a few weights, and a 40 year old bike. The pool area was nice, and the staff pleasant.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DanielDulnikowski
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2009

Tagaytay Dacha Hotel and Villas is NOT advisable and recommendable.

I searched Tagaytay Dacha online as I was on a short trip to Manila to visit my family in April. I was excited to treat my family and friends and paid for 4 hotel rooms for P3,647.80/night ($99/per night) and an executive villa on our last day for P9,821 pesos ($266/night). And on top of that paid extra for 1 adult at P610 and 1 child P305 and free for 4yrs old and below. Reservation must be paid in full but in my case we were advised 3 weeks before to pay in cash deposited to their account to book the rooms and villa. Reservations are non-refundable and rebooking must be within April only.

Here's what I got in return:
1. Upon check in, the Front desk staffs were not very accommodating upon our arrival and took 1hr to check us in. More so the Front Desk Manager was very unprofessional.

2. The customer service was very poor. Hotel elevator was not in service and we have to carry our own luggage up and down the stairs.

3. The hotel and villa bathrooms are filthy and bathtub tiles have molds everywhere, very unhygienic.

4. Some rooms have moldy odor and my specific room on the 2nd floor have cockroach.

5. Beware of "complimentary breakfast"! We were advised by their Account Executive 1hr before breakfast that we only have a choice of one piece "tinapa" fish with either a regular egg or red egg and a coffee for beverage. Good luck if you have kids that don’t drink coffee or family members that can’t eat their fish. I have to order 5 pancake orders for my family members that cost me P680.81 total. Extra person at P610 per night are not entitled for breakfast. We later found out from their restaurant menu that there are choices for breakfast and beverage.

5. The individually air-conditioned 3 bedroom villa as per the advertised 3 bedroom villa on the website (www.tagaytaydacha.com) has only the master's bedroom air-conditioned. The two other rooms have electric fans including the attic.
6. Swimming pool was fine and was the only consolation.

Overall stay was disappointing and stressful. Spending $700 for 2 nights was not worth the money and I felt embarrassed to my family and friends. I will never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family